Single [SINGLE] Kasai Tomomi [Masaka] 2012/12/26

Discussion in 'Subunit/Solo News & Discussion' started by ithebigc, Nov 10, 2012.

1. tomomioshi

tomomioshi Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    tomomioshi
    ^
    You forgot about Count Down TV Special. And she will be performing at Music Japan on January, 6. I didn't expect her to have huge promotion like Acchan, Tomochin, or even Yukirin. She is not in Kami7. So I'm OK with these promotions the management gave her.

I didn't have any problems about your posts. But when you've kept posting about it wherever you came to this thread, it mad me start to think that you're really dislike her. I, too, was disappointed about that TV show. But what the reason is, It's still unclear. I can think of many theories, yours is one of them. Until now, we can prove nothing, right? She's still performing at the theater, music programs, or participating in many TV shows. I'm not expecting her to perform at TV Asahi's Music Station. Even without this incident, It's still hard to have a chance to perform on this program.

For now, I want to support her the best I can. It's her singing and her performance I love. She's not good at TV show, except AKB's shows. And I know that. So no matter what the reason behinds this, I'm still supporting her.

2. mochichan

mochichan Kenkyuusei

So question...Has she appeared on Music Station yet? Since it's from Asahi and I don't remember her singing on Music Station Live even tho Acchan and AKB were there. :^^;:

3. tomomioshi

tomomioshi Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    tomomioshi
    ^
    Do you mean Music Station Super Live on December, 21? That program starts at 8pm. And she was hosting ANN Gold at the same time. ANN Gold starts from 9pm.

4. Taker

Taker Kenkyuusei

I count CDTV to be AKB related appearance, this year, (and last year) the SP was pretty much an AKB/SMAP SP anyway and the show runs well past midnight.

That's the first time I heard about Music Japan, that's great for her then.

I don't dislike Kasai, in fact, as I mention before Kamen Rider W was part of reason I turn from casual AKB fan into AKB wota.

That said, I also don't like fans just sugar-coating stuff and pretent things didn't happen. Compare to other dating related scandal that has little proof, this event was fact.

I agree that we don't know the actually story behind fall-out but the fact remain that she ran-away with no reasons given and TV Asahi is pissed (how pissed, that's another story)

Don't forger, I was one of the first one in this forum to defended her when she gone missing the first time.

I chucked it up as her being sick or was in the Osaka HS event that ends up being canceled due to hurricane and the member were forced to spend night. I even go match up her schedule to defend her.

But that's obviously not what happened and in the end I was proven wrong in my defense for her.

None of my post were directing at her nor attacking her. All I did was stating the facts then analyse and theorizes from there.

And nothing against you or vutt, but like I said in last post, people are wondering why her sale is low and thing like that, what else can you reply if you want to actually discuss about the potential reasons?

I'm all ears.

I'm more than welcome to see other people trying to analysis the low sales or the reason behinds "thumbs down" in another way.

5. tomomioshi

tomomioshi Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    tomomioshi
    Let's talk about the sale.

By now, we only know her 2-day sale, and the total is 19,324 (12,240 + 7,084). Compare to her votes in election 2012, She's got 27,005 votes. Why did you think her sale is low? And the fact is she releases only 2 types. I didn't count type-c because it's like theater edition, just combines songs from type-a and type-b.

If we compare her sale to other sub-units' sale like... your favorite sub-unit, no3b. The number of votes they got in election 2011 was 131,780 (Taka 52790, Kojiharu 52920, Mii 26070). And the weekly sale of their latest single, Predicure Days, was 85,660. They released this single at the end of 2011, so I compare with the votes in election 2011. Did they have any scandal back then? No. Then, did you think their sale is low? Did you think that their popularities decreased?

And don't get me wrong. I also like no3b's song. I did buy this single, too (KojiHaru's type). I just wanna show you that the sale isn't always high as number of the vote.

About TV Asahi, please explain how they're pissed. I haven't seen any news about this. Maybe I missed something.

6. mochichan

mochichan Kenkyuusei

7. Taker

Taker Kenkyuusei

^
    ^

Alright, It interesting you want to use votes to compare, I already did that in one of my post before.

Obviously you are thinking that only wotas are buy the singles. The fact is that her first two day sales was weaker that Wasamin's enka single and is on pace to have a weaker opening week. How can you think it was not low when her projection for 1st week is looking more like 30-35K, which would it as the weakest AKB release single to day.

Like I mention in my post before, the votes in the election is also usually not the real representative of the actual fans, there are fans would don't vote and there are fans who have multiple votes.

Either way if you want to compare, stick to the soloist and not the unit. Especially when the votes between unit members can overlapping with each other and isn't true indicator of the unit's actual popularity. (case in point, Waratai-7 and Mayuyu solo)

Since you are using No3b, just to point out that No3b's sale has been the most consistent of AKB group since 2011, they didn't get boost like other sub groups or soloist nor did they suffer drop after novelty wears off they are just consistently around 10K-11K between their singles and album since late 2010. If anything, they seems to build a consistent fanbase that seem separated from AKB fanbase in certain part, but that's another topic.

Back to Kasai,

I also pointed out in my post that if we use election vote, in that case, it is suggesting she is at best only keeping her hardcore base fans.

In that retrospect, if she really look to graduate and be a career singer, that sale is a bit too low "as an debut". That was all I was pointed out.

You might have missed my post when I commented that the sale is mediocre or mediocre artist, and when I say low it was using AKB standard and influence right now.

As for TV Asahi being pissed. Have you actually watch the show? The week when Kasai finally confirm follow up they had the guests taking terms voicing their disappointment and some even show disgusted faces. The initial leak on 2ch that was ridiculed by every fan (including me) and was proven to be true so why would it's later claim that the station was pissed to be any different. There are also tabloids that suggest blacklisting, those are type of things that don't even usually make tabloid unless there is some truth to that. Regular news also stress that TV Asahi is not commenting on it. If they are not pissed, why aren't they help to collaborate Kasai side of mutual withdrew?

Not to meniton,

TV Asahi's other variety shows also stop to refer to AKB in name since then, even in instances where it's base served for vairety effect. Some of shows even start to use jokes and poking fun at HoriPro talents. TV Asahi's other flagship variety London Heart direct makes fun on their latest 3-hr SP by portraying HoriPro talents to be all bad-manner drinkers.

Maybe I'm too sensitive, but I've watch those show for enough years to notice that the hosts' jokes style changed a bit when opportunity arises and that only happens in TV Asashi variety. Not to mention the hosts are both familiar with AKB, Lonboot's Atsushi and Ariyohi.

TV Asahi have done more in retaliation for things smaller than this. Why do I think TV Asahi is pissed, that should be apparent to anyone following Japanese entertainment industry and how they work and watch enough shows. It a simple logic. Even when reporting Kasai's solo new, it does not include any quotes, photo, or anything, just a short paragraph and stressed the action as a "reword". Do they really have to have a news conference saying "we are pissed at Kasai and blacklisting her?"

These thing are never in print, all you can do is looking a subsequent responses and all the related event to reach conclusion.

Like I mention in earlier post, unless Kasai survive this, years down the road, we won't know if TV Asahi went as far. But like I said, there are enough proceeding example for people getting blacklist or retaliated by TV Network for things smaller than this.

Damn, this is long post, I've spend way too much time in this thread today... :^^;:

let's just stop here because obviously you and I don't seem to agree on things and had different point of view. And I repeating the same thing again.

And this is what I'm talking about, the topic just swing right back to this, and you're wonder why that event keeping getting brought up?

Let's just agree to disagree... [nod]

I'm going to bed, got work

8. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Yeah you did miss something if you didn't read the pages in Chiyuu's thread about her dropping out of the 10k yen challenge program, which start here. Mochichan's posted link also explains the exact circumstances. If I ran the channel that hosted that popular program, I'd be pissed off too.

Honestly, I can't imagine many AKB girls quitting in the middle like that which also reflects poorly on her. AKB is known for its "against all odds" image and it looks like Chiyuu just up and quit for no good reason. I don't dislike her either (neutral, really) but like I said, I can't imagine any of the members I really like being quitters at something like this. It's just really disappointing. If you live in the entertainment industry in Japan you are expected to play by their rules and keep your good image up by showing a good face to the audience no matter what. Chiyuu did the opposite.

The question is, are the single's sales numbers, in actuality, a reflection of the bad press she got a couple months ago regarding her unprofessionalism by dropping out of the 10k yen challenge program? I wouldn't bet that she lost 0 fans from this incident.

9. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

And many AKB girls would have cut their left arm off to get this TV exposure.

10. tomomioshi

tomomioshi Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    tomomioshi
    Wasamin's 1st day sale is 7,354 and 23,773 for the weekly sale, while Tomo's 1st day sale is 12k and 21k in total for 2 days. Unfortunately, we won't know her weekly sale until next monday. [wonder] I'm just wondering why you're so sure that she'll have a weaker opening week than Wasamin.

If you want me to stick to the soloist, then, I want you to compare only pop music, too. I know nothing about enka, how enka fans choose to buy a single. For other AKB soloist, who to compare? Maeda? She's the face of AKB. Itano? She has more fans outside AKB. Mayu? She's next ace and her singles are for drama and anime.

For the rumor of blacklist, your sources are from 2ch and tabloids. I'm the type that doesn't believe in any rumors until they prove it's true. but you are the opposite, right?
    Actually, TV Asahi has a special report about her being in Hawaii today. link -> http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/ann/geinou/ge ... 2_080.html They only said that she is graduating from the group, nothing relates to 10,000 yen. If they blacklist her, they can choose not to report her news, or mention about 10,000 yen. That's what I thought.

I think this is enough. I'll stop posting about the scandal here. If you want to continue this talk, please post in member's thread. And thank you, it's been good talking to you. :)

@mochichan, Thank you for your sharing. I've read it before. but what I was asking for was the prove of blacklisting.

@Silenka, Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

@Aisansan, I'm glad that none of them cut their left arms. :)

11. tomo~mi

tomo~mi Kenkyuusei

comon
    stop and enough with the blacklisting
    we love kasai we are here to support her not remind her of what she does... no body is perfect... and its show biz its hard life is hard.... if ppl hate kasai cause of the 10000 then what about sashiii and her dating.... i mean yes it may not affect show biz.. but shes an idol.. so yea....

oh well

i love kasai and i hope she gets around 50k for weekly as shes performing lots on music station etc.
    :inlove:

i bet her photobook would sell tons though.. as people have been waiting for it since like 2 years ago

gannbate kasai tomomi

12. YumeNoRui

YumeNoRui Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Well, now she won't be able to promote on tv for this few days. She, Mariko, takamina, kojiharu, miichan and AkiP & wife are all on holiday at Hawaii.

13. tomo~mi

tomo~mi Kenkyuusei

eh what on holiday how u know LOL

14. songbac

songbac Kenkyuusei

We just continue supporting her though whatever happens if we actually love her :) :) :)

And Idol is human too and nobody is perfect. If we are human somedday we'll have mistake

15. YumeNoRui

YumeNoRui Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    It was on tv asahi news. Apparently, reporters were asking AkiP if there's any surprise this year, and he replied that he had not yet thought of any.

16. upsidown

upsidown Kenkyuusei

^
    ^
    Agreed! I've already made my mind up to follow her career after AKB, whatever she gets into. She's always been on of my favorite members of the group, and I can forgive her for her actions. She made a big mistake, but hopefully she learned from that and can move forward and work hard towards her goals. It won't be easy for her due to all the current bashing and negativity, but like me, I have hope others will forgive her in the future and can start to enjoy her songs again.

I'm just sad there won't be a plethora of Chiyuu merchandise available anymore to collect. :cry:

17. lunar

lunar Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    maedaami
    The photobook is up for pre-order on CDJapan... Debating if I should get one.

18. Taker

Taker Kenkyuusei

^
    already got my pre-order in. :D

That I'm 100% in agree with...

What is done is done, just learn from it and move forward. [nod]

Now you're being unreasonable and again only take part of what I said. When did the "proof to me TV Asahi is being pissed" become "proof to me TV Asahi blacklisted Kasai"?

I NEVER ONCE said she was being blacklisted. All I ever said was that there are quite a few rumors that she "might" be blacklisted based on precedences.

While I don't believe in rumors most of time, I do give rumors that had track record of being true to give it a benefit of doubt.

I do believe that when there is conflict view, the truth is usually somewhere in the middle.

Obviously you're type that don't believe in blacklist until TV Asahi hold a press conference and announce it to the world, then there is nothing else to say on this matter.

Because you the type that won't accept circumstantial evidences and precedences or critical reasoning.

But there are enough sign to show that TV Asahi is "not pleased", if you rather use this term.

As for that article, just compare that to other articles about her debut. Besides, if they did include 10,000 yen and attack in her in article, then it's TV Asahi's turn to be unprofessional with their journalistic integrity.

Like I mention time and again, whether s she got blacklisted or not is still wait and see.

You believe it doesn't happen, I believe it "might" happen.

Let's leave at that and don't twist my words into something else.

It's also seems to me that you don't care about discussing sales numbers for what it is. That it's low by AKB sale standard in recent years.

Back to sales,

If you want me to agree with you that the number isn't as bad comparing to the market? I 've already noted that in at least 2 of my previous posts.

Again, for a debut, it's just not a strong debut and usually sales tends to trend down for solo idol singers. Can she still end up with a solid singing career? Sure, it's not like there aren't artists that end up successful after a less then stellar debut. But that's way down the road and we can only hope for best.

But as you said, let's just stop here, because you are obviously twisting my words and won't change your mind no matter what.

19. tomomioshi

tomomioshi Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    tomomioshi
  20. seiryu

seiryu Kenkyuusei

^ Talking about sales, if her sales finally fall between 30-40k, I agree with Taker that her sales seem to be weak for an AKB member and soloists tend to have very large sales for their debuts. Tomochin's fell from 200k to 100k after her debuts while Mayuyu's fell from 150k to 100k. If continuing that trend, Chiyuu's will fall to 15-20k range in following singles.... And both Tomochin and Mayu still have support from AKB..... Chiyuu is really not prepared to leave AKB yet.... (that is my analysis of a neutral guy)

Anyway, whatever happened happened. Pls continue supporting her :)