[NEW GROUP] TPE48 (Taipei, Taiwan)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by caramujo, Oct 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mochichan

mochichan Kenkyuusei

Well china is a bigger market so they need to release more to keep the attention i guess

Try them again. They don't lipsync (china ban it) so their vocals are better than Japanese groups. Their dance is meh tho lol but they have to sing live so. Oh and they got some of the prettiest in 48G too

if the video does not show watch the video here

2. Center

Center Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanimarika
    I'm not following the Chinese group but because of the cultural gap between japan and china, are the the chinese fans able to adapt with the songs? even though it's translated to chinese, there's still some cultural impacts right? like "sakura no ki ni narou" or "suzukake" songs. even songs like, mae shika muka nee, sakura no hanabi, flying get.. some of these songs have deep japanese cultural influence, I wonder how the chinese fans adapt to that.

an team of 12-16 instead a whole group of 48? so it's like if this team won't work, they can be just absorbed to different akb groups.

3. Mimi

Mimi Kenkyuusei

I wonder where this BEJ and GNZ rumour came from, it doesn't make much sense to me, it's not like SNH is so huge. Unless it's something coming from the SNH management and not because Aki-P or whatever thinks it would be a good idea.

But I'm still hoping for a foreign sister group that can appeal to me.:( The Chinese girls look too "K-popy" for me, too much stiffness and photoshop, too little real personality. The Indonesian girls on the other hand, while likeable, somehow look too normal. I don't see any girl that really strikes me as an idol whom I could fangirl over. I don't know if Taiwanese girls would truly have a different demeanour from the Chinese ones, but I've seen some Taiwanese cover and dance groups on Youtube like Candy Star for example, and I really enjoyed watching them, because they actually looked like Japanese idols that could fit right in with AKB.

4. Deyan

Deyan Member

Twitter:
    MrWeilai
    SNH management registered the bej48.com and gnz48.com domains. It indeed comes from the SNH management. I think they'd need AkiP's approval though. This is the fact but doesn't really confirms anything. The Pokémon Company/GameFreak registered pokemongray.com and Pokémon Gray version never came out. Companies usually do it to own the domain just in case. The two new groups may be coming tomorrow or in a year or never. It just means management thought about it.
    :shocku:
    I don't mean this as an attack or as a passive aggressive comment or whatever, but did you actually try to get to know SNH (watching stages, SNHello...) or is that statement only based on their official portraits and a couple of videos you've seen here and there? I genuinely want to know where you're coming from with this because as someone who absolutely despises Kpop and the Kpop aesthetic I am really gobsmacked that someone views the SNH girls I love so much as similar to all the swaggy Kcrap. :yikes:
    I am in no way telling you you are wrong or that you feelings towards SNH are invalid, I'm just shocked. :^^;:

5. Chimai

Chimai Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    JunLin are indeed some of the best MM members in history but they were always in the back, almost never got lines, and it was just such a waste of talent. Then again, the same thing happened with the Korean H!P member, only worse... she just faded into nothing... maybe H!P is just bad at promoting foreign members, lol.

I hope that doesn't happen here. What's the point of going through all the trouble of having Taiwanese members if they push them to the back?

And yeah, they would have to have good Japanese. We know that's a must. Hillary's Japanese isn't the best when she's under pressure (like on variety shows) and I think that has negatively affected her popularity. Wouldn't want the same to happen to the Taiwanese members.

6. Mimi

Mimi Kenkyuusei

@Deyan I guess it's just precaution then, with different fan groups and such using xxx48 as their name. It could even be that they just don't want others to use that domain and confuse people into thinking they're somehow affiliated with SNH48.

Since we're already off topic, I'll answer your other question in the SNH thread.:p

7. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    This rumor sounds closest to the truth. When you look at JKT and SNH versus the other rumored idol groups, it's clear they were searching for places with really strong investors

8. MeruShige

MeruShige Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    No no no no no :^O^:

Kpopy? Neverrrrr! :corr:

Japanese music can never compare to kpop ever. SNH 9S DEFINITELY THE FURTHEST FROM KPOP :D:p.

That is a title only Koreans can beautifully create.

I am not a fan of SNH but they are gorgeous. They are more adult than the JPN groups. :^O^:

I too want a truly foreign group. :cute:

9. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    GZN and BEJ, aside from the mysterious domain, also comes from an option in 5th gen. 'Choose city of residence and from where do you want to perform', with Beijing Guangzhou Shanghai and Any City as the option.

SNH/China48, from what i see, are adopting K pop more than 48's 'idol look' (For example, look at UZA PV). In my opinion, this is the easiest way for SNH to be accepted by general public because Kpop it self is really famous in China.

10. Center

Center Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanimarika
    So Chinese can't handle Japanese culture...

11. mochichan

mochichan Kenkyuusei

Umm...Lbr the kawaii culture japan have is kinda acquired taste for alot of people [​IMG] If 48G make groups outside of Japan it's natural for them to adapt and change to fit local taste anyway.

12. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

The Chinese girls look too "K-popy" for me

Well if they always wear hot pants, do mindless rapid dancing/camera changes, continuous soft focus...then that would be K-pop, to me.
    I get the feeling Kpop is mostly about doing some sort of complicated dancing...and not so much about melody/music, which are very hard to find in Kpop, from what I have seen/heard.

I have watched a lot of K-pop, and I know lots and lots of people really love it (aka my nephew in Japan).... but actually I can't stand it at all.

The SNH girls are doing AKB songs, which usually have decent melody, and the dancing moves already decided by AKB.... so they cant be anymore Kpop than AKB really. But they sing live, sing good live and have it all over AKB in singing department. And from a matter of personal taste I find the Chinese girls much more attractive, rather than cute, which is a Japanese thing. And some of their recent MVs have been superb.

Taiwan youth though really follow strongly the Japanese trends and (Korea as well). So I guess they will be naturals when it comes to making a 48G.

And being really thin is really the in thing in Taiwan...this from my personal experiences.

13. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

SNH girls can't combine their voices in group songs although each member has a good voice. They've been trained in many styles of dance but they're pretty bad at dancing together. Those things always make me feel uncomfortable when I see them perform on stage. You see what I mean, right? :)
    So I want to say that SNH48 has many good singers and good dancers but SNH48 now isn't the best group in 48 family. :^^;:
    SNH48 debuted in 2012, but they're so bad at performing as a group. Although I love SNH48 girls, I think Team 8 girls do better on stage than them. Team 8 always perform in sync. They have great energy and fantastic chemistry. These help create a wonderful girlgroup that SNH48 hasn't had yet. :^^;:

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
  14. Mimi

Mimi Kenkyuusei

I should've known that dropping the controversial K word would cause a lot of fuss.[hehe] And I realised that what I meant is that they're too C-pop for me (no surprise since they're actually Chinese), but C-pop is obviously more similar to K-pop (which is all about being pretty) than J-pop (which is often about being cute and having a childlike purity about you). I obviously wasn't referring to things like their music or costumes, just the aspects that make them slightly different from the Japanese groups. But I've already explained this in the SNH thread.

15. brunoiaz

brunoiaz Kenkyuusei

I already posted a lot about SNH48 and international groups so I'm just adding fuel to the fire this time around haha

SNH48 looks a lot like kpop. A LOT. I mean, look at this:

16. mochichan

mochichan Kenkyuusei

That video was actually directed by a kpop producer that directed like SNSD, 4minute MV so yeah... lol

They're basically like a mix of kpop visual and jpop cute style . They still do jpop 48G cute style for their releases.

17. Kappa

Kappa Kenkyuusei

Just for clarification, what is the audition in Taiwan for right now? Taiwanese members to join AKB or girls for the new TPE??

18. Center

Center Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanimarika
    Nope... Anyone who will pass the audition will be absorbed to teams in mainland

19. Deyan

Deyan Member

Twitter:
    MrWeilai
    You might not want to use "mainland". Makes it sound like the girls who pass are gonna be part of SNH. :^^;:
    @Kappa They are indeed gonna be part of AKB.:blush:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.