[NEW GROUP] TPE48 (Taipei, Taiwan)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by caramujo, Oct 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blownawayy

blownawayy Kenkyuusei

saw this coming, in fact, was really surprised JKT48 was formed even before TPE48 (or i originally expected TWN48).

it will be interesting to see how things will evolve but to be honest, AKB48 was popular in many asian cities in the first place is because of its national identity and background. the 'made-in-japan' is a huge draw factor. it will be hard for original AKB48 fans of the various other asian cities to invest attention on their own localised group, particularly so when it is localised. i mean, most of the idol songs sound acceptable coz they are in japanese, a foreign language. i personally find it unacceptable if they ever sing translated chinese versions of Heavy Rotation *shudders*.

as much as i think the cafe girls in Singapore has potential, i hope the formation of SGP48 never come (just a personal opinion).

2. czy

czy Kenkyuusei

Lol, I can visualize them singing the chinese version of heavy rotation already. :fp:

Still, it would be interesting to hear them sing it in chinese.

3. yuanqian

yuanqian Kenkyuusei

秋元康 wants to control the world~ :^O^:

4. Makito

Makito Kenkyuusei

^this

On top of that. You guys are kind of forgetting the purpose of 48 groups. They're suppose to be idols YOU CAN MEET.

The 48 name as DEFINITELY reached international status. People in Taiwan, or Jakarta, or what ever place is next obviously has a demand for 48-related stuff. So instead of relying on people to come over from ALL over, including other regions of Japan, WHICH IS HIGHLY EXPENSIVE AND TIME CONSUMING (excluding the the Travel in Japan part mostly) what better way than to create a "LOCAL" group that CAN grow to a status as AKB. THAT WAY, people can experience and entity like AKB easier, and create an honest costumer, not only for that particular group, but because no matter what, AKB being the center 48-group will always be tied in, creating a new costumer (if not already) for AKB.

It's really genius if you ask me. I think you guys are just losing faith in Aki-p. You guys are REALLY too quick to jump ship, before it has even left the dock.

Also, as for USA...mmm...I'm not sure the U.S. is really well set on idol groups. But hey...you never know, Japan is starting to become a big influence on the U.S....well in a lot of social trends :D

----------------------
    I'm just gonna reply to the post below me here.

I agree, the size of AKB is starting to get a little outta hand (the number of members), I wish I could talk more about this, but I can't..because there's nothing more to say. Maybe...slow down and stick to the usual numbers of girls? But this does lead me to one thing. ALOT of the girls in AKB, are getting to that age where graduation is very prominent. SO maybe the large KK num. are to quickly refill? But then again, AKB grad. patterns aren't the same as MM-grad patterns so who knows.

As for how many 48 groups there are in Japan...let's see Three near the Capital, One in the Mid west, and now One towards the So. Western. Of the three near the Capt. serves a WHOLE different type of service. While Japan is small...it's FILLED with people, and different KINDS of people, much like any other country. Providing a similar service in different sectors/regions where difference from region to region makes you stick out like soar thumb and isolates you, can solve that problem of being scared to travel to different regions to gain a similar experience.

HOWEVER, i do think, it's happening a little TOO fast, IN JAPAN. The international expansion I believe is happening JUST RIGHT, while the national expansion may be occurring a little too quickly, but then again, now a days, we live in a society, where people want supply to there demand right then...AND THERE.

5. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    I don't have a problem with the international groups, because they're drawing from a different fan-base than the Japanese groups for the most part. Probably, most Japanese fans will ignore these groups while they will gain new fans in their respective countries.

BUT I hate how many XXX48 (or 46) groups are springing up in Japan. They're going to reach a saturation point and start diluting their own fanbase, spreading them too thin. There are already signs that this is starting to happen with many recent sub units failing to take the #1 spot on the oricon chart. Not to mention how many girls are being added to the main AKB group. Team 4, and was it, 32 new kenkyuusei??

AKB seems to have taken the attitude that MORE and BIGGER= BETTER. I have this sinking feeling (lol) that I'm watching the Titanic and there aren't going to be enough lifeboats for half of these girls.

6. ijkm

ijkm Kenkyuusei

I always want WTF48 , LOL48 , IMO48 , IDK48 , IKR48 [hehe]

7. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Finally the taste of AKB48 goes to Taiwan, but I'm really wondering if AKB48 ever goes to America as "NYC48" Broadway-based show... (>_<)

8. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    ^That would be amazing actually. Not Broadway though but I always thought they could sell the xxx48 concept here as sort of a 'young' Broadway that also acts as a pop group. I just hope *if* there's a USA48 that they won't be based in like California, I need them to be on the East Coast! No way it'd be North Carolina but Florida or New York would be just as good. :XD:

I agree with this actually. Because thinking about it, there's only one active overseas xxx48 group right now yet people are freaking and saying 'enough!' Why? Because there's already 4 active JPN48, 5 once HKT gets going. Then there's NGZ46 which isn't a 48 group but it's whole concept is meaningless without the existence of the xxx48 family so they might as well be one. I honestly think that if this whole thing blows up, it'll more than likely be the JPN48 groups that end up suffering and disappearing faster than their international counterparts if only because the international48 will have the advantage of being the only xxx48 group in their country and having an audience that isn't worn by a flood of sister and rival groups. I can't make myself care about any more xxx4x Japan groups (Nogizaka is it for me lol) I am however looking forward to more international 48 groups just because they're sure to have a different sound and flavor than their sister groups.

9. Gingerninja

Gingerninja Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kondorina
    I'm assuming the plan is, have a team local to people to support and support the main group (AKB48) so me for example, I lived in Osaka and so I'm much more a supporter of all things NMB than I am of SDN/SKE. I prob won't pay any attention to these new ones, but for the people who live closer to them, going to see a stage show will be easier than trapsing all the way to Tokyo, from wherever that may be, the far ends of Japan.. or as is Taiwan. Must admit I thought they'd announce Taiwan before Indonesia but hey..

Wonder if they're brave enough to try a SOL48 based out of Korea :D

10. unkowwn

unkowwn Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

New group sounds interesting. I was open to see how far it will expand but I think now it's getting out of hand here.

If they produce good and entertaining music then I guess it's not all so bad after all. Haven't really explored Taiwanese music (nor Malay) so it could be something that opens the gates to a music integration for Asia as a whole.

Korea I felt would have been a more relevant 48 group to approach first. Then maybe China or India (bollywood woot!). But thats my opinion and can't really say which nation really deserves to have a 48 nor the Japanese 48 = AKB48. My point being, Japan doesn't have a nation representative 48 as TPE48 and JKT48 will be. Although much of the feeling towards AKB48 is essentially the Japanese48 already.

Lol. I said 48 too much. 48 48 48 48 48! *phew.

And SDN48 new single please.

11. vikacong

vikacong Kenkyuusei

Let's see......

JKT48 is managed exclusively by Dentsu. Is it the same case for Taiwan? Compared with the announcement of JKT48, which happened much before the official announcement, I would say TPE48 will start off very well.

Hmmm....
    First of all, I was wondering what was the aim of the creation of Sub-Units in the first place? I would say, the management doesn't really care so long as the Family48 secures the top spot.

Let's see how NMB48 second single sells. I would say it would be a good indicator how much saturated it is....

Anyway, congratulation for fellow Taiwan fans (or not?).

12. sikanwan

sikanwan Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    sikanwan
  13. jinbaoyin48

jinbaoyin48 Kenkyuusei

so how's the TPE48 thingy progressing?...audition already? [wonder] ...

14. shinzanmono48

shinzanmono48 Kenkyuusei

just throwing my opinion here

yesterday i watch JKT48's stage performance at kohaku, and what? hey, they not bad at all, its true that they still have lots of flaws but they will get better over time. (i love their aitakatta more than hebirote in their version)

now TPE48 is official, and hey, why not? maybe Aki-P is just want to make another bigger stage for his idols to compete, an international stage for this ***48 locals groups can participate, is like 'miss universe' but with anime actions figures in it, not a barbie dolls.

we don't know what happen inside his head, but i got this feeling that Aki-P some how can bring reality show to the next level. (innovation in a entertainment business anyone?)

and the good things is we still can support who we want to support, and is not a bad deal at all isn't it? at least for his long-term plan

and last but not least, i can't wait till TPE48 become a family members and see how taiwan use their jyankenpon~

Aki-P's aim is want to get supporter more than soccer fans #HOAX :awesome:

sorry for my bad engrish

regards,
    Rizal
    Jakarta, Indonesia [rain] 24 - 33 °C

15. sikanwan

sikanwan Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    sikanwan
    https://twitter.com/#!/TPE48_Official/status/188227140767055872
    The audition of TPE48 is going to start soon in April!

16. kingtheking81

kingtheking81 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ishizukaakari
    according to some other news, TPE48 will debut in september this year. cant wait to sing chinese akb songs in karaoke bars~ ;)

17. saika.city

saika.city Kenkyuusei

Wowwww, I really can't wait till they come out!! Looking forward to TPE48 a lot already, lol. ;A;

18. Arubaro

Arubaro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwasamisaki
    Later the auditions, members will be decided around Juny~July. TPE48 will have a first public appearance with AKB48 the 27th and 28th of July...

Sources:

19. Criss

Criss Member

The... "event" is out of the Taipei Hall schedule now.

Maybe and spoiler error. In that case they will update the schedule again once the Audition rules are out.

Attached Files:

20. Jun

Jun Kenkyuusei

In my opinion it is almost impossible for an idol group to be sucessfull in a non-asian country. People will sure start to compare them with other western girls bands, and all the concept of an idol group will hardly be conveyed.

But since it's an idol group by Aki-P, maybe it's possible lol. If he do this, he will sure conquer the world :^^;:

Wow, so fast [shock]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.