Single AKB48 58th (Ne mo Ha mo Rumor) [2021/09/29)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Kuura, May 23, 2021.

1. sillybob

sillybob Kenkyuusei

Who has the dance solo at 1:50?

2. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Anwser

3. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    The question was asked and answered on the previous page.

Her name is in the description
    #AKB48 X #野呂佳代

4. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I'm gonna save you having to decipher nickname and/or Kanji - it's Noro Kayo. She was a member of AKB48's second generation, before she was moved to SDN48. When SDN48 disbanded in 2012, she graduated. She's been part of a handful projects with AKB48 over the years. I can't remember what the event was, but I think last year she was part of the MCs for a livestream with AKB48 members.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    You don’t have to decipher Kanji names; just copy and paste into Google. Example: try 大島 優子. What does Google say?

Google will also give you additional information, like that given by bonjourmarlene.

And the answer is still there on the previous page “She is Noro kayo”

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    If you manually add 'Stage48' to the pasted Kanji in Google you should find that member's Wiki page is the top link in the results list. :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I think most of us know how to use Google Translate. I don't see why it's necessary to answer like that though. Surely it would have been easier for yourself as well to just answer "Noro Kayo" rather than copy and paste the video title, or change keyboard input to write it in Japanese.

I felt like the answers given were a bit passive aggressive. I want people to feel welcome in this forum and that questions are welcome. With so many members, and now also 58 pages for this single only, it's hard to keep track. Nothing wrong with asking again if you missed the answer on a different page ^^

Why make it complicated when it can be so simple :)

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    To be clear, I didn't say to use Google translate, I said to use Google. Maybe your Google doesn't work like mine, but when I search for 大島 優子, I get

Screen Shot 2021-12-17 at 3.46.25 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-12-17 at 3.46.46 PM.jpg

Maybe that is not simple for some, but it seems pretty easy to me.

• Like Like x 1
  9. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    It can be a little irksome when someone follows up a discussion about the surprise member, including multiple mentions of her name and talk of her history with "who's this person at X:XX". Granted, maybe he didn't realise "The Graduate" and that solo dancer were the same person, but that would still warrant a bit of snark.

No need to do either of those things when he can just copy and paste his post from the previous page saying the exact same thing.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
  10. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    Why would it warrant snark? For all you know they might not have known who the graduate was or that there would even be a graduate present, or that she wasn't a current member, since she's wearing a similar outfit as the members and didn't exactly get a stand out entrance. They might only know senbatsu members but recognized the member doing the dance break wasn't one they recognized. With a group as big as AKB, there's so many people you miss, and so much information you can miss. Casual fans and fans who check up on them from time to time have the right to ask without getting snarky responses back from regular forum users.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    K.

Now actually look at the post we're talking about.

This isn't about someone who came out of nowhere to ask about a youtube video. This is someone who quoted a post out of this thread that mentions the presence of a graduate in the video, that was immediately followed in context by someone naming the graduate and then more people discussing her. At the very least they saw and could have read the post quoted, and it would not have taken much more effort to read the next couple posts. I can understand he might not have realised that's who they were talking about, but frankly, even coming from a position of "only knowing senbatsu members", not at least suspecting that with just the local textual clues provided (or not reading them at all) does warrant some snark.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2021
    • Dislike Dislike x 5
  12. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    If the person did not know the graduate and person in the center dancing at that timestamp was the same person, then it's not warranted snark, it's just unnecessary, and unfriendly if responded to in such a way.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    You know what's more unfriendly than a little snarkiness? Condescension.

If I goof up I'd much rather be treated like an adult who is at least capable of knowing better than a child who isn't.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2021
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
  14. mochibuni

mochibuni Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Chair-chan
    Answering questions in a genuinely helpful way isn't condensation and I don't understand how you're conflating the two. I also don't understand how you think being rude, that snarking is somehow deserved in this situation, is mature. It's childish and petty.

It's not a mistake to not know the graduate in question is also the person solo dancing. Noro graduated so long ago and obviously looks different I don't blame anyone for not knowing or recognizing her. Part of being a capable adult is asking when you don't know something. This board is a resource and I fail to see why anyone should be so against this. It's honestly ridiculous to act so agrieved by people being interested in 48g, especially with the lack of activity here and interest in the group as a whole. It's counter productive.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    AKB is sort of difficult to comprehend as a whole as a foreign fan, especially if you're new to Jpop in general. After Produce 48, a lot of K-Pop fans were initially interested in AKB but lost interest pretty quickly as well because of how inaccessible it is. We can't change anything about English subtitles being much less available, nor that copyright seems much stricter.

What we can change, however, is how we welcome new fans or those who have questions about the group. :)

Let's not forget that the point of this single was to be a new starting point for AKB and for them to earn new fans. I don't want new fans to be pushed away because the international fan community seems unwelcoming <3

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    @mochibuni and @bonjourmarlene
    summed it pretty well.

i meant.. the group (as well as this very forum aka stage48) needs love from casual fans too. especially now when they're dying (compared to the goldsrn eras).

so the last thing we want to do is being bitter and scarying people away when they want to know more about akb48 group.....

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Even though it's now nearly 7 years ago I can still remember the struggle I had with learning about Jpop and AKB48. I was so used to YouTube being a kind of free 'video on demand' service for Kpop that I found it surprising that so little Jpop material could be found there and if it hadn't been for my chance discovery of Jpopsuki I might never have got into AKB48. I was happy also to find this forum and for example I can remember the patient help I received while I was trying to get my head around how the Theater stages worked and why they were still performing older ones from 2008-2010. I also remember not getting flamed when I posted a photo of SNH48 members thinking they were from AKB! There's a huge amount of stuff to learn from the history of 48G (and indeed I'm still learning, the MVs for Team Surprise 3rd Stage recently posted on the Official YT channel were all new to me), there's so many songs and members from the past. I hope we can be kind to everyone and be helpful to new members of Stage48 just as people were to me back in 2015.

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  18. Ugokanaide

Ugokanaide Member Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Moriyasu Madoka
    But did you all see that Noro Kayo performed this song with them?

Jk jk

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. MyaoOshi1

MyaoOshi1 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    katorena
    I actually think I was really lucky to discover AKB before the whole YouTube Red thing happened, which was when a lot of 48g things were taken down from YouTube, and there were a lot of clips from the SSK’s, AKBINGO and the documentary’s. Personally, I found out a lot through the Wiki, basically my 48G bible to know everything I know, as well as watching the classic AKBingo episodes from Golden Era, as well as a lot of concert videos and documentaries. I’ll always love AKB, so I’m really excited for the future, even though both of my Kamis are graduating soon:(

• Agree Agree x 2