Attending AKB48 handshakes: how-to (work in progress)

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Mr Waffle, Nov 26, 2013.

1. Crescentian

Crescentian Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gotomoe
    Hello!
    I need help. I am going to Tokyo 19.10 and staying until 5.11. I really really really want to go to a handshake event and looking at the schedule
    the ones I would be able to attend are the zenkoku akushukai in Nagoya dome 28.10 and the dai akushukai in pacifico 5.11. I already have an account in chara-ani.
    What is the situation with the applications for those events? Am I too late?

2. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    The 28.10. event you can attend with limited first press editions.

Those who actually know Japanese can help you out better but google translating this https://48g.jp/news_handshake/14818 will have pointers.

3. Nieru

Nieru Kenkyuusei

Unless they're doing resale, you're too late for the individual handshake event.

4. ichigo-wota

ichigo-wota Kenkyuusei

I'm a noob and would like some advice about attending handshake events.

I have planned to go to Japan this November, and have seen there are a few handshake events happening in November. Is it possible to apply for the following? Or am I too late?

18th November
    AKB48/HKT48 large handshake event
    Pacifico Yokohama

19th November
    HKT48 nationwide handshake event
    Osaka ATC Hall

23rd November
    HKT48 individual special lane handshake event

Any advice appreciated, thank you ♡

5. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    November 18th event is an AKB48-Group event for the 49th single. They aren't currently doing resales for this event, but they may do a round of resales soon, so keep watching Chara-ani or the Ameblo blog for updates

The November 19th event for HKT is a National event, so you will just need to get the tickets that come in the regular, store bought singles in order to attend. That shouldn't be difficult, and these days they do sell these CDs at the venue too.

As for the event for HKT's latest single on the 23rd, they are in the middle of their 20th and 21st round of resales in the AKB48 Group Shop. The 20th round ends later today, and the 21st round will end a couple of days later. Not sure how many more resale rounds they will do, so you may want to get on that.

FYI, for this event Sasshi, Sakura, and Toyonaga Aki are all completely sold out. Everyone else has at least some available tickets left.

FYI Part 2. You are aware that SKE is also having an individual handshake event on the 23rd next door to HKT, right? You can get tickets from mu-mo.net.

6. Nieru

Nieru Kenkyuusei

I see it on this thread way too often. Plan ahead! Applications for individual hs events happen months before the actual date! Even if they do resale you're at the mercy of whoever's not sold out.

7. ichigo-wota

ichigo-wota Kenkyuusei

Th
    Thanks so much for that detailed reply :)

I understand if it's too late thats all good, it's just my dad just booked tickets to Japan for this November suddenly, so I figured I'd attend any event I possibly can if there is a chance!

How would I go about the 23rd event then? Whats the process there? Thanks again for the help, never done anything like this before

8. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    You would need to order tickets via the AKB48 Group Shop. Do you have a ticket center account? If so, you can access the Group Shop with the same ID. If not, you would need to create an ID.

Here is the link to the group shop
    https://cd.shopping.akb48-group.com/hkt48/10thcd/

Here is a link to the AKB Chara-Ani site in case they do resale for AKB's 49th single
    http://akb48.chara-ani.com/

Here is SKE's mu-mo site for the most recent single.
    http://shop.mu-mo.net/st/special/ske48_21stsg/
    a lot of members are sold out, so it depends on who you like.

9. ichigo-wota

ichigo-wota Kenkyuusei

Thank you so much!

10. Hansel DP

Hansel DP Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sakaguchinagisa
    I am currently living in Osaka and might want go to handshake event maybe later in the future. It says that we need to get the LE of CD to get the handshake ticket. Does it mean that we cannot buy CD from stores or places like that to get the ticket? Or we need to order it from their website to get the handshake ticket.
    Sorry i am a beginner, thanks.

11. Nieru

Nieru Kenkyuusei

You should apply through chara-ani. Check first post in thread for tutorial.

12. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    You can buy the Limited Editions of CDs in Japanese record stores (I've seen them on sale in Tsutaya, Tower and HMV amongst others) and each one includes a ticket for a National (or 'Zenkoku') HS event. For example there'll be one on October 28th at the Nagoya Dome: https://48g.jp/news_handshake/14818

If you're not sure which CDs are Regular and Limited editions you can check out the different covers for each single in the Stage48 Wiki. However for other HS events you'll need to buy them from Chara-ani as @Nieru says.

13. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    @Hansel DP

It would be helpful if we knew what specific events you wanted to attend. Explaining how to attend handshake events can be complicated given a) there are more than one type of event. National, Individual, Shamekai. Not to mention 2) each individual group has a unique process on how to obtain tickets.

So if you could tell us which group you are interested in. What type of experience you are looking for, and perhaps check the upcoming schedules to see if there is an event you are interested in, we could give you better assistance. You can also look at previous responses,even on this same page in the thread, for some clues.

14. Hansel DP

Hansel DP Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sakaguchinagisa
    Hmm I am looking to do a normal handshake with team 8 member. Considering that, which handshake that should I attend(national or individual)? I am not sure which specific event that I am going to attend because I have checked the schedule and it seems like there won't be handshake events in Kansai Area in the next few months.

15. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    AKB just announced the details of the 50th single, and they are holding one individual handshake event at Intex, but it isn't until June. Team 8 will definitely be there, so there is one possibility. You would need to apply for tickets via chara-ani, and the application period just started today.

As for National events, not uer how far you are willing to travel, but there is a big National Handshake meeting for AKB, HKT, and SKE in Nagoya at the end of this month, and there is an AKB 49th Single National Handshake meeting in Okayama in late November. You would need to obtain National handshake tickets from the AKB 49th Single limited editions for those (or SKE and HKT's latest single for Nagoya. Not sure how they are doing that particular event though) Also keep in mind, not sure who in Team 8, if anyone, will be at these events.

16. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
  17. ant

ant Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    ant38g
    Messed up my round 1 applications, i accidentally made 2 orders totaling 7 tickets.
    so the order which had all my tickets was invalid, and im left with winning only a jurina stage performance. :)

just praying that i'll win jurina tickets in round 2

18. Hansel DP

Hansel DP Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sakaguchinagisa
    Hmm, I will move to Fukuoka already in June so that is very unfortunate. Well, I guess I will do it when I have the chance in the future. I have made chara ani acc so from chara ani, basically we can get limited edition CD which include handshake ticket right?

19. Puni

Puni Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    Nope.
    From chara ani you can order theatre edition CDs, that come with individual (member bound) handshake tickets.
    You can buy limited edition CDs (which come with event tickets) at most record stores, amazon...

To go a bit more into detail:
    There are 2 type of HS events

- National HS events
    You use Event tickets for this. You can use the tickets for any member that is attending the event.
    Also note that event tickets can be bought seperatly at auction sites, ticket resellers, scalpers.

- Individual HS events
    You use handshake tickets for this. These are only sold bundled with theatre edition CDs at chara ani. One ticket is assigned to a specific member for a specific timeslot. You apply for it via a lottery system. If you lose out on a ticket you won't have to pay for it.
    Note that these tickets have your name and address printed on it. You have to bring some sort of official ID to the event (passport, residence card ...; ID must have a picture of you) so that the staff there can verify that you are the person who ordered the ticket.
    Basically its the same process as with 2Shot events

20. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    i just won 4 handshake tickets, including one for my kami oshi :^O^: As this will be my first handshake event, there are still a lot of things I don't know, but one thing I was wondering is if you're allowed to bring gifts to the members (and if so, are there any special limitations as to what you can bring)? I'll be seeing Jurina just a few days before her birthday and I thought I'd bring her a little something :^^;: