[DRAMA] - Majisuka Gakuen

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Jasey, Dec 3, 2009.

1. dragonflychaser12

dragonflychaser12 Kenkyuusei

I can already see the tailors jumping in happiness for the skyrocket of their sales cause of the Queens' promotion. I wouldn't mind getting a Gekikara one myself (plus shiny, silk, dragon jackets = very yankii and cool) [rock] , but for 105$ (probably not including tax), I'll just stick to buying the box set :(

2. polyrhythm

polyrhythm Kenkyuusei

Mann. They're so shiny. Actually in the show Shibuya's one didn't look that pink to me...I dunno. I thought hers looked the best, but now that I see that jackets by themselves, they're all kinda scary with those yakuza-like prints. xD It looks like those jackets that don't look good on everybody.
    The Torigoya one looks best imo...but all of them are hard to carry off. Would probably put it on display at home (read:leave to rot) if I were to buy any.

3. rilakkuma

rilakkuma Kenkyuusei

I actually really like the pink one, but I know it would never suit me lol. They're nice to look at though..

4. immo

immo Kenkyuusei

Wish I had the money to get one of these jackets and rock it. :p

5. boytoy

boytoy Kenkyuusei

i perfer boy sae over girl sae, and i'm a girl.

6. dragonflychaser12

dragonflychaser12 Kenkyuusei

@boytoy, well can't blame you, Sae's charms appeals to that of men and women alike (specially as Gakuran :inlove: )
    @polyrhythm, the only people who can pull off the jackets are the Queens themselves ;)

7. ChrisjinXIII

ChrisjinXIII Kenkyuusei

I find Sae acting and looking like a boy very attractive and i'm a guy :D (just hope i'm not the only one or i'm gonna be in a most awkward position... [sweat] )

8. Shibuya

Shibuya Kenkyuusei

lol don't worry I'm sure lots of people feel the same way. :inlove:

I actually thought she was a boy at first back then :D

9. akbglorious

akbglorious Kenkyuusei

Is there going to be a second season, or something like that, now that Maeda's at the top of the school and Jurina and Mayu are trying to take over her? I mean, we've only seen about 1 minute of Jurina in the whole series..

10. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
  11. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    Finished watching the drama tonight. So sad. I shed manly tears. :cry2: A friend of mine coincidentally finished watching it while on a plane flight today, and people looked at him funny. :lol:

Your guess is as good as anyone else's. Though it's pretty rare for dramas to get sequels unless they're super popular (eg Gokusen getting 3 seasons).

I think people might be reading a bit much into Jurina's appearance at the end, though. It's as much to say "and life goes on..." as anything else. Basically the same thing happens at the end of the movie 'Mean Girls', it just shows what happened to these people happens every year, even though you change, school doesn't. It certainly leaves the show open for a season 2, but that might just be to drive fans nuts... [hehe]

:rofl: that's great.

12. frblckstr1

frblckstr1 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    From the making of (disc 5 contains 2 hours+ of that!).

Looks like she was going to have more lines but actually could not speak them without bursting into tears?

[​IMG]

Edit:
    Taping the fight scene with Mariko must have been very tiering, it was done on two days (with several days in between by the looks of it) and at the end on both days Acchan was carried away on a matras:

[​IMG]

(Oh and Sayaka and Mariko both banged up a camera lens [hehe] )

13. Lawche

Lawche Kenkyuusei

anyone bought the box set?~ :)

14. makistar

makistar Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

15. flagator21

flagator21 Member

The extra disc is a MUST watch. Especially the NG(bloopers) scenes. Tomochin's FAIL going to kick the chair, totally missing it, and falling is just... [rofl]

Not to mention she slipped and fell again practicing her fight moves and dropped her milk in another scene [hehe]

A few gifs. That's Sae wiping out in the last one, haha.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. toddvanzetti

toddvanzetti Kenkyuusei

This past year I really found myself getting into Japanese dramas. Then over Spring break I watched Majisuka Gauken on a whim (I saw a picture that looked postapocalyptic with very lovely women in it and gave it a shot). This quickly became one of my favorite television programs from any country. As a white boy from Ohio, now living in Missouri, I'd never heard of AKB48, and the initial credit for the show AKB48 really puzzled me. A trip to wikipedia later and I could not stop reading about this incredible world.

From my perspective, AKB48 is as completely beautiful as it is completely absurd. I think I love AKB48 because of its absurdity. (Please, please, do not take this as any slight against that which we all love. I find existence to be both beautiful and absurd, and I also love it dearly.) Majisuka Gakuen was a fascinating show about honor, violence, and power. I loved Watanabe May as Nezumi and I want my life to end at the hands of Matui Rena's Gekikara. It is my dearest hope that a second series is done with more of Nezumi's plotting.

The very idea of a fifty member idol group putting on about nine shows a week in their own theater is beautifully absurd. That this group put on Majisuka Gakuen is just wonderful. And now I learn they are poised to take over the world.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else discovered AKB48 through Majisuka Gakuen? And if anyone else would think it deeply colored my perspective on the group?

I know one way it does, I find it a little peculiar every time I see Miyazawa Sae as a more stereotypical 'pretty girl'. She always looks wonderful, but for me she seems to be in an AKB48 costume, and that she is a bit more tough and independent than that costume allows.

17. eyeless

eyeless Kenkyuusei

^
    Welcome to the world of absurdity we've all been trapped [hehe]

18. SakuraTheShadow

SakuraTheShadow Kenkyuusei

I finished this series a few days ago.
    I absolutely loved everything about this series and found myself getting very emotional during the graduation ceremony.
    So Yuko died when Accchan was pushing her in the wheelchair?

19. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

^ No, she's taking a nap. :p

Seriously, considering how sick she was the entire series...I think it's safe to say that Yuko's character died at the end. :-/

20. Tyzer

Tyzer Member

Oshimen:
    kondorina
    It was really sad when Yuko died. Also when they were singing Sakura no Shiori :cry:
    I want to watch again.