[IMPORTANT] Upcoming Changes to Stage48

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Sep 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Li Li

Li Li Kenkyuusei

Been looking forward to these changes for some time, should help shape the forum into something better I hope. The new rules and whole status and member ranks overhaul is a great idea too, hopefully there'll be less spamming from certain members (fine if you have something to say but sometimes it has been a case of just posting for the sake of posting).

Member reputation will be interesting, although I would have liked that it were open to all users, I can sure understand that it could be abused to hell to +/- members.

2. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    Should we put along with our "location", the date we joined and the number of our post the name of our oshimen?

So that way it replace efficiently "paruru's fan n1" without giving Expert status to everyone.

it has been done on other 48 forum and it would help what are the orientation of the members who's posting.

3. Stankovic

Stankovic Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    TeamJuri
    Congratulations for the promotion, Smilodon [clap]
    and thank you for the whole staffs that bring us this update [clap]

I have always agreed that reward should be based on efforts. The contribution people made is much more important than their junk posts. And with that being said, uhm, how about we disable the post-count in Stage48 Lobby? It isn't like we want to eliminate the whole non 48 talks, after all, we are a community. There need to be a space where people can have a "community talk" with one another. Though as far as I concern, in some places, it has been getting abused and people only run for a quick post count. Perhaps this matter can fix the issue.

One stupid question, will there be any subforum the staffs refresh? Considering there are some posts that I would like to keep for personal reason.

4. otoppoi

otoppoi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Sounds like a solid new direction for the forum! We definitely have a decent number of members who always seem willing to educate and assist others (Silenka comes to mind!) and I think it's a great idea for them to receive some level of recognition. Between that and the reputation system, I appreciate that admins are attempting to accentuate the positive. [rock]

And since I'm one of those quiet types who only creates 1 post for every 100-200 posts read, naturally I'm going to endorse any change that eliminates post count as some sort of threshold for s48 loyalty. :lol:

I do hope the layout here doesn't change too much...most forums I find to be completely painful to look at, I've always appreciated the simplistic and clean layout of S48, it's so much kinder to my poor eyes!

Oh and congrats (and よろしく!) to Smilodon!

5. Andi Rahmat

Andi Rahmat Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    zebimagnoliafawwaz
    Will the new rules change the state of sister group subforum?

6. Taker

Taker Kenkyuusei

Interesting, a little sad that little blue highlight is disappearing and everything starts anew, but it is a needed changed, the important thing is that mods are working together for this... :)

7. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    They'll be expanded so that they'll be on closer standing with the AKB48 section, if that's what you're asking. They've grown big enough that they deserve the same room as AKB. The new rules will also apply to the sister group subforums, of course. Everyone will only be able to see the one forum containing the rules until they agree to the rules, at which point you will gain access to the full forum once again.

8. IXA

IXA Member

Oshimen:
    matsuokanatsumi
    Twitter:
    Ixatsu
    firstly i'd like to say congratulations for Smilodon and wish him a good luck for his new job .

I have a pair of question and opinion so let's straight to the point :
    Q : Do you guys (the staffs) will evaluate our posts after this change or prior this change as well ?

O : For member reputation i will gladly accept for the new change , it's fair enough , but for the badges system i worry that someone who gets a badge/huge reputations will boast about it and disrespect toward the other members ( such like ignoring them ) , so i think it's a wise idea to give those badges/huge reputations to the members who really deserve it , not for the members that only have a good posts but do nothing in real life but for the members that often attended handshake events or concerts , not mean to have a negative thinking to other members nor to give any sarcasm but we will have the better results if we can predict the worst thing that may occur .

And from my experiences in nearly one year joined this forum i found that some inactive members (members who have 0 post) are joined this forum only to get some pictures or media in this forum , so i think it's a good idea to lock the galleries thread and tv shows thread for visitors and inactive members and make it only accessible for the members who have posts more than 100 or more .

For the post count , the post dump thread , and some hobbies thread like football or karaoke won't make any problem , so i suggest you guys should close the game thread or anything like 'how tall are you?' etc .

Thanks for your attention .

9. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    a) We're not going to review any older posts since it's close to impossible to do this and be treat everyone equally at the same time. We'd have to go back and check everything on this forum. That's just not going to happen. :^^;:

b) That's the idea behind it. There's no particular connection between people's posts and the badges I mentioned. They're only going to be given for feasible achievements and expertise, not for quoting an encyclopedia.
    It's not a competition or "race to the top", so don't message us saying "I want an award because I'm so good at something". If you really are, we'll notice it in time.

I usually remove 0-post accounts from the forum if they've been inactive for six months.

10. netmand

netmand Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Thank you stage48.net forum staff. I like the upcoming updates and appreciate that there is a refresh of the stage48.net forum.

I am one of those occasional visitors. One that comes here to read up on the latest or get the more detail when I see a brief mention about something AKB-related elsewhere. I try to contribute, but usually find that news posts are made before I can write them. But that means there's a really great community here.

Reviewing every post seems to be quite difficult given the number of staff members. But then again I was never a moderator, so maybe there's a technique to sift through them in a quick and timely manner. So, first of all I need to express my appreciation for all moderator's diligent work there. For the update, influencing people to add meaningful posts to threads via staff review and reward is a great idea.

As a member of countless forums myself, I see other forums plagued with useless posts all of the time. I agree even counter-points/challenges to the original post have value if made properly. I hope the rules stress that AKB48 groups are based in Japan and to take this in consideration while writing their posts. Cultural differences often make an appearance here in close-ended posts just saying that it's wrong rather than discussing it and making interesting comparisons. Wouldn't it be great to learn about other cultures in this way?

Although I don't take the rankings/tags (e.g. Super Idol) seriously, Tying these names to post count was a bad idea. I thought I read a long time ago that it wasn't done this way on this forum but I guess it was. But like I said, it didn't weigh so much that I needed to speak up about it, but nice to see that it's being implemented as it was supposed to be.

I don't intend to ruffle anyone's feather's, but worrying about favoritism seems to be a bit weird to me since forum tags/ranks won't score points with your oshi, help them in any way, or get you closer to AKB48 groups. I've seen plenty of useless and close-ended posts from members that have been here much longer than me. So I take the forum tag/rank "with a grain of salt".

I am looking forward to the site update for next year.

11. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    While a few people seem to be treating this as a reward system I think it would be much more useful if they are applied by necessity, in response to a demand for people to go to on certain specific topics. So, for example, if people ask a lot of questions about where to find merchandise online and someone answers those questions well, often and accurately, and if they are wiling, then they should be given the "merch expert" badge or whatever it will be called. I wouldn't like everybody who has attended a certain amount of performances to be given the "theatre expert" badge, but rather they be only given to those who have actually been helpful.

12. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

Twitter:
    hrp919
    That's pretty much exactly the way I'm planning to handle it, so no worries about that. ;)

13. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    May I implore more details on this one, does this equate to deletion of the whole depot?

I'm rather concern with its contents, though I agree that its purpose has been deemed obsolete by to the robust rise of networking technology and the ubiquity of media made available by online stores, I just don't find it beneficial that the depot be deleted, if that's the current consensus among the moderators, rather it might as well just be tucked away or turned into a subforum away from the main page and only available to registered members but everyone would be rendered incapable of making new topics and making new post.

Its just a lot of waste to turned to dust something a lot of members pour time and effort to construct. And a lot of those ancient thread are media or shows new members might never have heard of.

The deletion of the depot is something I considered erasing a certain portion of Stage48's history, it was made for a reason, thought now obsolete, but I don't believe it should be forgotten that such a forum existed because in the olden days these things weren't made available to the members of those times.

I certainly wish that the forum would move forward without letting go of the legacy of its past.

14. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

Twitter:
    hrp919
    It'll be put entirely out of sight and is probably going to get removed once it's been checked for topics to keep. A few threads of less "illegal" nature are gonna be moved to another part of the forum, but that's about it.

Members not being able to post in it isn't changing the fact that it's available and visible as part of the forum and as such promoting piracy. It's a statement we want to make since the majority of the depot's content is clearly violating copyright.

15. Andi Rahmat

Andi Rahmat Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    zebimagnoliafawwaz
    Yeah, that's what i meant :) sorry for the horrible english.
    I agree with the expansion of sister group subforums. It feels very.. um.. 'cramped'? Merging news and discussion for the sister group didn't feel that good.

16. IXA

IXA Member

Oshimen:
    matsuokanatsumi
    Twitter:
    Ixatsu
    HRP Thanks for your explanation , i got a new opinion about the badges , it's not a bad idea if you guys give each member one badge like "AKB fan" or "SKE fan" or even some badge like "news reporter" or "sportcaster" for a member who mainly active the lobby forum , it's depending on their most active forum stat , so we can easily recognized some fellow fans of our favorite sister group and also it'll be useful for some case , example : if NMB fans want to know some specific info about SNH but too shy to post in the forum they can ask directly to someone who mainly active in SNH forum by direct message , maybe there's so many other benefit we can get by this identity badges , it's like an id card and i think anyone won't have a problem with that .

17. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    Hmm... just another clarification, if you're moving contents from the depot into 'another part of the forum' will you be making another 'less illegal' media forum or it will be lumped on one of the existing forum?
    I should have expound on this part of my earlier post. What I mean with keeping it up but incapacitating the members from adding anymore is more directed to the threads in the depot that new members could use as a learning tool as it might only be available in that forum and not in the newer blogs or other forum, especially those antediluvian threads. We could save a lot of explanation to the new members if we have something to show. A special mention would be those video depot, the forum got quite a collection of those.

Another clarification, is the moderating team really now open to the idea of deleting threads? As I remember I once suggested the deletion of some repeat threads but I was told that its still there because in the past members complain about losing post. Instead of just locking repeat and unnecessary thread, will you now be deleting it instead?

18. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

Twitter:
    hrp919
    No, there isn't going to be any special, separate media section. At least not at this point. Some of the threads' content (as long as it's still alive) can go into parts of the News & Releases forum. It's not going to be all that much anyway. If there's anything important, it's probably going to be kept.

We've always deleted threads. The only reason I keep threads locked and don't remove them immediately is for the poster to be made aware that it's been locked (and not get confused as to why the threads keep disappearing). They're all going to get removed sooner or latter.
    If people are bothered by losing posts / getting their post count reduced, then it's - quite honestly - their problem. :lol: It shouldn't be that important to them in the first place.

19. DreamingPebbles

DreamingPebbles Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uimashiro
    Twitter:
    dreamingpebbles
    Could you please clarify this part of your post? I agree that getting your post count lowered isn't a big deal. But on the other hand I can understand if people are worried about having some of their posts deleted.

20. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

Twitter:
    hrp919
    In other words: if your main incentive in posting on this forum is to get a high post count, then you need to sort out your priorities. None of your posts are going to get deleted at random. For now, the depot is the only forum that's concerned. That's why I'm making an announcement two weeks in advance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.