1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single Iwasa Misaki 3rd [Tomonoura bojou] (2014/01/08)

Discussion in 'Subunit/Solo News & Discussion' started by haruna_hamasaki, Nov 13, 2013.

1. haruna_hamasaki

haruna_hamasaki Senbatsu Staff Member Studio48 Admin

Iwasa Misaki 3rd Single: 鞆の浦慕情 (Tomonoura bojou)
    Release Date: 2014.01.08

Limited Edition (CD+DVD)
    TKCA-74050 ¥1,524 (incl. tax)
    [​IMG]
    Tracklist [CD]:
    01. Tomonoura bojou
    02. Koi suru Fortune Cookie (Enka ver.)
    03. Ihoujin
    04~06. instrumental tracks

Tracklist [DVD]:
    01. Tomonoura bojou MUSIC VIDEO
    02. Koi suru Fortune Cookie (Enka ver.) Bonus video
    03. Tomonoura bojou MAKING VIDEO

Regular Edition (CD only)
    TKCA-74055 ¥952 (incl. tax)
    [​IMG]

Tracklist [CD]:
    01. Tomonoura bojou
    02. Koi suru Fortune Cookie (Enka ver.)
    03. Akai Sweet Pea
    04~06. instrumental tracks

2. oltrebla

oltrebla Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takajoaki
    Re: [SINGLE] Iwasa Misaki 3rd [Title TBA] (2014/01/08)

Other than Koisuru Fortune Cookie, Wasamin is also going to cover Kuboda Saki's "Ihoujin" (異邦人), as well as "Akai Sweet Pea", which ranks #1 for her first album "Request Covers".

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mkBeoN44Og[/yt]

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z5zIFoGcg0[/yt]

3. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari

Wow, that's a pretty quick turnaround from the album release! On one hand, not giving the Wasafans much time for "Wallet-Recovery". But it is good to strike while the iron is hot, so to speak.

Fortune Cookie...makes sense considering the buzz it continues to have. Also follows the "Senbatsu Single" pattern.

4. Under The Ribbon

Under The Ribbon Member

Guess this means there will never be an Enka version of Gingham Check. But that's fine, it makes a lot more sense to do KFC.

I hope this single gets more promotion though, because the album release was mostly invisible to the public. Not even getting an advertisement on AKB-centric shows like AKBINGO and Ariyoshi AKB (unless you count her appearance on the recent episode on AKB Konto)

5. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

Don't know if I'm right or not...maybe just a personal preference...but even in the Akai Sweet Pea above the high note with an Eee vowl sound isn't the best choice/sound...unless it begins with a strong sounding consonant.

When they write the lyrics for songs, especially for a particular singer...they should think of how some of the words in the high register would sound...and possibly amend them to give a better feel to the listener... just my beef. All singers have their 'money notes' ... those notes they can drill in the sweet spot to give good effect to a song... usually you would build your song to make best use of the singers strengths.

Hope they write the next single for Wasamin in this way...also try a few different lyrics for 'sound'....

From my humble and uneducated assessment of Wasamin's strengths so far from her first two singles....her strength is she can sing beautifully and quite skillfully in the soft voice...and she has a few mid tones that she can really hammer.

So a two tempo song...that has reflective section that allows Wasamin to use that beautiful soft intonation in an emotional way...and an up tempo louder brighter part centered around (but not restricted to) the strong rich sounding mid tones that she can produce....and maybe a few high notes ....that are not in the Eeee vowl.

Just my musings.

Just want them to produce something Ace for this third single....to make the best use of the push of this album.

6. Arubaro

Arubaro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwasamisaki

Kubota's "Ihoujin" ranked 13th in the Album Request, beaten by "Ettou Tsubame" and didn't make it, so I guess this is like a "consolation prize" for those ones who voted hard for that song to being tracklisting into the Cover Album but couldn't. They could also have included the following, Sakamoto's Mata kimini Koishiteru instead of Matsuda's Pea but whatever.

I was a little surprised it's this early but yeah can be at this date trying to catch up the momentum left by the album. Hope from Tokuma, if she's ever still around in AKB in the middle of the next year(you know, during senkyo times) they bring her something awesome to do in April or May and that she doesn't fall out in the shadow, again.

Original Mini-Album would be quite the achievement.

This single will be released in midwinter; almost exactly than Mujin-Eki, so might be likely a melancholic kind of tune once again, yet we'll see. However, I would like at least the lyrics theme has something regarding to "entering adulthood" as this is her last before turning 20 Not anymore Wasa-loli but Wasa-lolicon. haha 19 *lol* ←↑ignore this thought↑.

Anyway, I'm not complaining in any sort, more Wasastuff are always indeed very very good news.

7. Under The Ribbon

Under The Ribbon Member

Funny the first thought that came to me was "How will they design the cover art?" After all, she can't just stand in a field of snow wearing kimono again, or it'll just look like an alt. cover art for Mujin Eki. [hehe]

8. Takamina

Takamina Kenkyuusei

Another single for my wishlist.
    I'm really interested by Wasamin now and the result of these covers.

9. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

Have ordered my CD/DVD limited edition for this just now. [party]
    Now the long wait...

Having had a good listen to the Album Covers which was truly good work .. am pretty sure she is going to sound brilliant in a for Wasamin designed song.

And I am guessing she will get some invitations to sing some of the covers at various events, on TV and one hopes AKB can let her sing something somewhere as well... so that will be a heap more experience at a variety of songs...live.

By the time her single come around Wasamin will be a junior veteran... lol

Also wonder if they have Wasamin tasked with trying to write her own songs?

10. oltrebla

oltrebla Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takajoaki

I seriously think that Nagara Pro and Tokuma Communication should do a better job in scheduling the release of information. You need to keep people entertained with information about what you're selling, especially when it is drawing near the end of the year and so many things are going on at the same time, or else people will just forget about it.

They can simply learn from King Records and the AKB group. They usually announce the details at different times:
    1. the news of "releasing a single"
    2. the title, theme and related personnel (+members of the senbatsu)
    3. segments from the main track
    4. the full tracklist of the single (+members of undergirls etc.)
    5. excerpts from MV and its related details
    6. full song on radio
    7. jacket of the single
    8. TV performances

I understand that there are differences between promoting a single of a group versus that of a singer, but my main point is that they always leave a large gap between each announcement and the momentum fades. Instead of doing it in one go, I'd rather have them released bit by bit, but more intensely. Not sure if I have overlooked any technical difficulties, but it has been 11 days since #1 and #4 were announced and nothing else is heard. Now nearly everything about "Suzukake Nanchara..." has been disclosed, and #1 about the new album has been announced. It's time to hear more about Wasamin's 3rd, I suppose? Maybe during the live radio show on the coming Thursday?

11. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari

The only info I have heard/seen has been hints about the PV filming. But I think that was more Wasamin dropping those hints on her G+. Talking about a 2-hour shinkansen ride, a hotel, cold weather, and a ban on information...

12. oltrebla

oltrebla Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takajoaki

@Cristafari:Well we can only wait...or maybe you can ask your friends in Japan to write a letter of advice to Nagara Pro? [hehe]
    By the way according to the AKB official site, Wasamin is appearing in a monthly magazine called Music Star, presumably on the cover. Unfortunately the official site of the magazine requires you to login, and it looks like it has been abandoned for a while. Would you mind to ask your Japanese buddies to keep an eye on it to see if there's anything interesting? Thanks!!

13. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari

If anything comes of it, I'm sure it will appear in her mixi thread.

Oh, and they were all a bit annoyed at the album being released on the heels of this single...

14. oltrebla

oltrebla Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takajoaki

It doesn't matter that much to me since I'm not getting the 2-shots anyway, but I certainly feel for them.

Here's the 48G-related releases starting from December:
    Dec 11 AKB48 34th Single
    Dec 18 AKB48 Dome Tour DVD/BD
    Dec 25 Watarirouka Hashiritai 7 2nd Album
    Jan 1 NMB48 Stage Recording Albums X5
    Jan 8 Iwasa Misaki 3rd Single
    Jan 15 Kasai Tomomi 3rd Single
    Jan 22 AKB48 5th Album
    Jan 29
    Feb 5 Itano Tomomi 5th Single
    Feb 12 Maeda Atsuko 4th Single
    (TBA: Takahashi Minami 2nd Single)

So you see. It's either 22nd or 29th January, and the management happen to choose 22nd. Can't do anything about it.

15. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

Jan 1 NMB48 Stage Recording Albums X5
    Jan 8 Iwasa Misaki 3rd Single
    Jan 15 Kasai Tomomi 3rd Single
    Jan 22 AKB48 5th Album

Think the only competition is the album... Kasai and fans and possibly NMB48 fans probably not a part of of Wasamin's market. The album will be the money sucker...so hope they give this a big push in the few weeks before and after where she will have some clear air.

Paula Tsui
    Amazing when you mention a name that person suddenly appears everywhere...made my wife laugh. Have seen her in a movie the other week and on TV and recently again being talked to on TV.

Also watched the TVB 50 year anniversary last week ...which was pretty good.
    Then yesterday the Taiwan movie actor awards.

16. oltrebla

oltrebla Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takajoaki

@Aisansan: I was just going to show the only 2 available dates if they are releasing something else (and how fat Akimoto-P's wallet is going to be :XD: )

Yeah she's having a concert in February...
    If your wife has followed the news, she should know about the "anti-TVB campaign" in HK. A lot of people turned off their TVs during the anniversary show on that very night. The audience measurement for that show turns out to be the lowest in 10 years. It's just intriguing for me to learn that foreigners like TVB while we are sick of it. :lol:

17. Faint

Faint Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gabrielamargarethwarouw

NMB48 is releasing stage recordings in January? I didn't see that posted in the NMB sub-forum or on the wiki page...is this true?

18. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

I don't get a choice.... got her TVB satellite subscription for a birthday present many years ago...makes for a harmonious household..like giving a baby a pacifier lol [hehe] .But it also includes now mainland China TV and also Korean series with Chinese subtitles and dubbing. But she prefer TVB. I watch some of the stuff if it is interesting....and it isn't as though western TV here is very good either...most of it I find boring. A lot of the HK TV series are much better...

My wife just got her job extended to full time today...instead of half days. And I looks like I will be able to sign a contract soon..which will allow my to swap out of my current salaried employment into something that I suggested.

Means...is starting to look good for a Japan visit next year sometime....so long as 90 year old mother in law has no issues in the mean time......

19. Jayden

Jayden Kenkyuusei

I looked around and this thread came up. viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6814

Probably doesn't include N3 though. :(

20. oltrebla

oltrebla Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takajoaki

@Faint @Jayden: NMB48 is releasing the stage recording albums for N1, N2, M1, BII1 and BII2. Jayden is right there: no N3.
    Don't really know why they miss that out in the NMB subforum and wiki...maybe it's a sign of lack of promotion?
    Source:http://www.oricon.co.jp/music/release/A/5/jp/

@Aisansan: Looks like you're having a pleasant life. :XD:

Just in case you guys did't read it in the other post. Here's an excerpt from Nani mo Soko Made...
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jENe2OM3QAg[/yt]