JKT48 Official Guidebook Translation Project

Discussion in 'General JKT48 Discussion' started by Angga, Sep 18, 2012.

1. sergio_mario

sergio_mario Kenkyuusei

"]Girls Talk [Future]

Try To Be The Best From Now On
    The JKT48 in three years ahead
    Idol Group ‘JKT48’ indeed has just been formed. Nonetheless, their Appearance on the theatre stages is already started. Not just in Japan, their activities in Jakarta has also been shown with full spirit as well. Wonder of how they are picturing “The JKT48’s future”? Lets go straight into the conversation with the members, and talk about each of their expectations of the JKT48’s future.
    All the members hope to be able to play a role in a film?

MC : In the future ahead, say a couple months from now, according to you guys, what will you guys be like? What do you guys want to do?
    A : I want to be a better idol for all my fans. I want to be more professional at my career, make the fans proud, and become an idol correspond to what they expect from me.
    H : As for me, I hope that JKT48 can be the first Idol Group in Indonesia.
    G : The main thing is to keep the close relationship to the god, and then also get closer with the fans, because without the fans, we are not going anywhere.
    MC : Okay, until now we were only talking about 3 months ahead, what about next year, what do you guys want to do?
    All : Produce an album!
    G : Want to make a massive concert!
    B : Want to have overseas tours, and also tours around the country, but we are not only talking Jakarta and Bandung here, we also like to be known in many other cities around Indonesia.
    All : Amin!
    G : Perhaps, its not just performing and singing, we’d also love to be able to appear in a movie in the future.
    B : And off course all the actresses in it are JKT48’s members!
    All : Hahaha.
    C : Apart from that, we also want people to know if we are an idol group, not a Girlband.
    I : So if someone were asking, “JKT48 is a Girlband yeah?” we could answer “not at all!”
    MC : For now, how well you guys are known outside Jakarta?
    All : Still kind of new we guess, not really that much known.
    B : From Yesterdays, we were only focusing on theatre and Japan, for TV appearances its still really limited, that’s why maybe people seem don’t really know much about JKT48, even our songs seem more famous, I guess.
    G : As for me, I hope that every each of JKT48’s members can all be famous.
    All : Amin!
    B : Moreover, we’d also love to be even more famous. Currently, majority of our fans are from the fans of AKB48 where they already know well about J-Pop and the sister groups of AKB48. We are also hoping that people could be able to differentiate us as an idol group with the other girlbands those are very mainstream in Indonesia nowadays.
    MC : It seems like you guys had been known as “Group I want you I want you” yeah?
    All : Yes, We had!
    A : Most of my fans whom I’ve been receiving letters from, they felt familiar with me after they saw my appearance in a cm, and tried to search on Google.
    G : As for me, from a cm also
    A : Sometimes, since we have lots of member, even wanting to try remembering the members’ faces, seems really difficult.
    G : Suppose that we need to wear an all reddish colour uniform, somehow I feel like all the members’ faces look alike. Perhaps, we could only differentiating each of us like this “Ah, she is the tallest, she must be…” like that. If you see the position, there is this ‘line’ for tall members and also short members. Hehehe.
    MC : As for what you guys think yourself, how are you supposed to differentiate all the members? For example, “Cleo is the tallest”.
    D : Yeah, kind of like that, me myself actually have my own characteristics. If other members of AKB48 have each own characteristics, mine is having long straight hair, split in the middle. That’s all
    A : As for me; gingsul(?), ‘r’ lisper, having less tooth. Hahahaha.
    All : Hahahah.

The desire to sing in Japan wearing Batik (Indonesian Trad. dress)

MC : As for 3 years from now, what do you guys want to be?
    B : I want the fans to be proud of their idol not just because of our attractive appearance, but also how we are all not a stubborn person.
    C : Same goes with me, my expectation in the future is that hopefully the works and school could be more well-balanced.
    D : As for my own expectation, I’m hoping that JKT48 would be more successful, and also hoping to graduate from college. At first, I was taking the regular class, but I tried to take an extension class and finally moved to another field. I was in the Engineering Industry, but now I’m taking Laws. Because there is too much practicum in the Engineering Industry, it seems like it really is giving me a hard time.
    E : Basically I’m the same with everyone, hoping JKT48 can be more successful, can be able to go international and becoming more unified!
    F : As for me, I want to learn to become a real and proper idol. Apart from that, I also want be able to learn how to divide equally between studies and careers.
    G : I want to make my whole family happy. Want to graduate from college on time, and also becoming even more successful together with JKT48. Basically I already love singing, I am hoping that one day I will be able to be a successful singer, and also become a respectable idol, like how I’m idolizing Agnes Monica. In order to do all that, I still have a lot to learn.
    H : Well, as for me, I need to finish my Junior HS, and get into a Senior HS. For the next 3 years, I want that JKT48 can be in the same level as AKB48!
    All : Amin!!
    G : I’m hoping that the Indonesian President would watch one of our concert also.
    (The atmosphere becomes intense, and the members start clapping their hands.)
    Because we want people to know that an idol group like we are, are exist in Indonesia.
    All : Yes, The sister group of AKB48!
    D : We know that for now, we are the bridge between the two countries, Japan and Indonesia. That is why when the first time we went to Japan and went to the Indonesian Embassy there, we are told to be the Indonesians tourism ambassador. Acknowledging that, we have to be able to introduce the Indonesian cultures to many other countries, and especially in Japan, for know. One of the examples is Batik.
    G : I would love to wear Batik costume while singing and performing in Japan, so all people would know that it is one of Indonesian trademarks.
    All : Yeah!!
    G : We must be proud of our own nation, you know.
    D : We are now feeling really proud, because we feel that we have 2 citizenships currently. We are officially Indonesian citizens, but also we feel that we are already became a part of Japan

Privacy Matters

MC : Say you guys are getting more popular, There would be some privacy matters going on right? Because this day, not many people really know about you guys.
    G : But really, it seems like there are some people notice us sometimes.
    All : Hahaha.
    MC : Right, What about if you guys would be as famous as AKB48, your privacy must not be the same as it is now right, what about that?
    E : Well, that is one of the consequence to be in the biz. But what I think is more important is that we have act real, like what we are actually like. For example if you are basically a quiet person, don’t force yourself to act like you are an talkative person. To be an artist, doesn’t mean you have to isolate yourself from the public, We have to keep ourselves ‘low profile’ (I think, she got the wrong phrase here, what she meant to say is ‘commoners’), because we are the public figure, have to be seen by many people, and so they can put their hopes on us.
    F : Same like what Ve just said, we have to keep ourselves ‘low-profile(?)’ (Again, what really meant is actually ‘commoners’) and watch our own behaviour in the public.
    A : As for me, I don’t want to be an arrogance. Say, we meet someone n a shopping centre, and they want to take a photo taken with me, why not?
    D : This day, we are all actually still quiet free. If we went to public places or travel by public transportation, people don’t really notice us, yet. Perhaps, its because in the last few days I wore a masker, because I just feel more different now. If I went to shopping center, I would still be able to play in a Game Center, still can do anything I like. If somehow I lost my privacy, I might not be able to do all that again.Thats why, while I can, I will make the most of it.
    G : As for me, I still want to be what I am always like. Sendy's now and Sendy's future would always be the same. I remember there is a time when I went to buy an Icecream, then this group of people came and sing “I want you, I need you.” I was immediately thinking, “Do these guys even know me?”. Not like Cleo who was trying to hide, I will always be me, go anywhere being me.
    All : Hehehe.
    E : What's important is, keep being yourself.

We are all one label, JKT48!
    MC : In the future, say the members of JKT48 grow in number like AKB48 having more than 48 people, what would you guys think it’d be like?
    B : Maybe, with the increasing number of our members, there would be what you call potential rivalry, however we must realize that we don’t sell our own trademark here, but the whole JKT48. Sure there is something like other member having more screen time compare to the others, but still everyone knows us as the member of JKT48, so all the members here could be as famous automatically. The other thing also is all the member should not be bringing down each other member but the other way around, we should be pushing each other, because we are all one label, JKT48/
    G : We also do not want to say we like to keep the member of JKT48 being the same like this.
    B : I think it’s rather a good idea if the number of JKT48 members growing, so we would all be able to split all the group’s task easier.
    D : In my opinion, even when the member of JKT48 becoming more in number, dedicated fans would never turn around from us easily. That’s why we always have to be ourselves, improves what we are lacking, and becoming even better. As for me, I know that I’m not a good dancer, but every time we were having a dance lesson, I would always be concentrating. Even though we are all competing each other, we cannot try to bring down the others but keep supporting each other. And if we start having a new member joining, that means we are having sisters, we have to be supportive.
    A : As for me, I want to be adapted with all the new members, even I’m a senior compare to them, that doesn’t mean they have obey me, we are all here being as one. And we all need to be polite. Say we the new member is actually older than me, It’s me that have to respect her more although I’m a senior in JKT48.
    All : That’s right (all nodding)

All the members had a serious conversations talking about their expectation of the futures. Look forward for the development of JKT48 hereafter.

All Finished
    Otsukaresamadesu!! :) :)

2. Angga

Angga Kenkyuusei

Thanks for submitting the translation Serg [clap] .

I also updated the milestone, here we are currently :

3. Angga

Angga Kenkyuusei

Guys, it's almost done : http://www.jkt48stuff.com/lovejkt48-translation/

So, semangaaat, ganbatte! just a little bit more and we can start popping the champagne!. Dom has to do the QC again tho' :D //running for my own life before dom starts to reload his RPG//

4. KageTora

KageTora Kenkyuusei

ummm, sorry to interfere... allow me to point something to consider, just a matter of words :

4.0.1 BDG48, Possible ?
    ... a deep love towards their homeland can be seen because they are “Born and raised in Bandung”

I think hometown is closer to the sense/meaning than homeland

just my two cents worth

5. Angga

Angga Kenkyuusei

@kagetora

Ah yes, that's correct. Homeland = "Tanah Air" :D . Thank you for the correction [clap]

6. dominique

dominique Kenkyuusei

@kagetora, hometown is a great word to use :D

@angga: great job on the site and wonderful translations by everybody.

i took a short break cos of midterms. it just ended so i hope i can pick up the pace soon with QC. i'm admittedly slow with it tho ;p

7. Angga

Angga Kenkyuusei

Thanks a lot Dom! And now, we can pop the champagne since it's all done!!! [clap]

Thanks a lot for the hard work guys!! [clap]

8. xenozaga

xenozaga Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinomiki
    is that mean i dont have to submitt my translation anymore?? i was sick in the last 2 weeks, so i cant working on the translation -.-

9. Angga

Angga Kenkyuusei

That's okay Xeno :D , you getting well now ? .

10. xenozaga

xenozaga Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinomiki
    im fine now :D i was about to post another translation when i see your post, so i guess i will ask you 1at, should i post it or not [think]

11. Angga

Angga Kenkyuusei

It's okay to post it [clap] , perhaps I could do some cross-check with my translation [clap]

12. sultan

sultan Kenkyuusei

wow, awesome...

for any future translation projects, i am most pleased to support if needed. :D

cheers!

13. skuelele

skuelele Kenkyuusei

i love both Melody and Takaminaaa :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

14. Angga

Angga Kenkyuusei

Guys! The second guidebook is in now.

Anyone interested in becoming translators? Requirement :

1. Confident with your English
    2. Have the guidebook yourself (certain exception applies especially for overseas fans who could do some QC)

For anyone interested, please send me a PM! Let's make this happen guys!

15. daydreamerzz

daydreamerzz Kenkyuusei

In my room, writing prenlets to Nobi-chan~
    I'd love to help, but i'm gonna have my ukk next week :^^;:
    By the time i finished my exams and you still need some help, i can help translate !

16. redranger48

redranger48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    I'm interested, and already started translating some parts as per usual. Trainee's this time.

Count me in :)

17. HaddadP

HaddadP Kenkyuusei

haven't got the book yet, but count me in.

EDIT: here's my part of the translation

FRIESKA
    Hello~ I'm calm and easy going~ I'm Frieska~

Proud because of being popular
    "I couldn't smile in front of many people before [joining JKT48]," said Frieska who had used in doing it now. "But I'm still feel shy sometimes," added this youngest daughter of three sisters. She admit that she still didn't feel confident when performing on stage. The most cherished things for her in this one year are she could get closer to the other members. Frieska who are in the third year of senior highschool right now feel proud because JKT48 are becoming more popular. She's currently studying hard to be able to enter the International Relationship Major at college.

Questions
    The moment that makes you really happy while in JKT48: Out of city tour
    The moment felt the hardest [to accept] while in JKT48: when one of the members graduate
    Goals: Successful businesswoman
    Closest member and what you do when you're together: Kak Melody, Stella. Go eat some never before try foods
    Nickname you want from boyfriend: Her nickname when she's a child
    Things you want to do with boyfriend for anniversary: Dinner in a high place with beatiful scenery
    Current interesting preoccupation: [collecting] sneakers and boots
    Skills you most proud of compared to the other members: My Gratitude and Thankfulness
    Your dream wedding dress: Middle-Age European Dress

Date of Birth: 4 March 1996
    Blood Type: 0
    Horoscope: Pisces
    Height: 158 cm
    Nickname: Frieska

RISKHA
    The cat-lover with squinty eyes when smiling, I'm Riskha

Want to become successful for the people she loved
    "I want to work hard for the people that I loved," said Riskha while smiling. Riskha lost her father at 2009."My school tuition fee isn't cheap, that's why I want to help my family financial condition. In JKT48 I could grows and always try to be better," said this firm girl. Riskha are the youngest from her three older brothers, Her mother whom is a cook always make a lunch for her every morning. "We have to always smiling to every people, whether we know them or not." The motto that are taught by her mother made Riskha always in high-spirit in doing her activity in JKT48 and in school. She had the most tweets in twitter compared to the other Second Generation members, that's because she always wanted to spread positive things to other people. Riskha really loves cat and have 5 cats in her house.

Questions
    Hobbies: Reading Novels, doing some never before tried things
    Abilities: Girl scout, Dancing
    Dishes you are most proud of: Instant noodle, scrambled eggs, Nasi goreng.
    Favorite words: Live is a collection of choices. If we try, surely we could do it!
    Thing that you request if had one wish to be granted: To meet her deceased father
    The moment that made you really happy: When I see the smile of my mother that always protecting me
    The most remembered moment after joining JKT48: the nervousness when I wait for my [audition] number to be called the last
    Mistakes that done on stages and makes you panicked: When I accidentally hit Sisil's hand when performing "Futari Nori no Jitensha"
    Things that you want to do in JKT48: Want to try to perform other unit songs
    Changes that you feel after joining JKT48: Better at singing and understanding other member characters.

Date of Birth: 22 March 1996
    Blood Type: B
    Horoscope: Aries
    Height: 157 cm
    Nickname: Ikha

YONA
    The dreamer who refuse to give up, I'm Yona

Likes anime, music, and Japanese culture
    "I like Japanese culture," said Yona when she explain the reason why ahe joins JKT48. Since in grade school, anime and japanese music are always close to her. Yona also likes to do cosplay in cosplay event and japanese culture festival. Not only that, this 19 years old girl also good at drawing. "Since joining JKT48, I'm able to learn many things about singing, dancing, and photoshoot," said Yona when she tries to remember her experiences in JKT48. "I want to find my own character in JKT48," she continues. Among JKT48 members, Yona is a calm older sister figure. But the oldest girl of second generation members is always giggling when she sees the funny behavior of her little sisters. Yona has just entering the English Literature Major at college.

Questions
    Strengths: Singing
    Weaknesses: Shy
    Dishes you are most proud of: Soup, Nasi Goreng
    Favorite words: Dreams
    Goals: Traveler
    Ideal boyfriend type: Handsome and kind
    Things you want to do if reborn as a boy: Karate
    The most remembered moments after joining JKT48 and the reason: Pajama Drive shonichi. Because I could perform well after months of training.
    Your reason in joining [JKT48] audition: Want to try new challenges
    Celebrities you want to meet: Utada Hikaru
    The most respected member of family beside parents: My Grandmother

Date of Birth: 13 April 1994
    Height: 154 cm
    Nickname: Yona

GABY
    Always smiling and easy to laugh~ I'm Gaby

Learning together in this one year with unified JKT48 members
    In this one year, this girl had become closer with the fans. "I felt like the fan are already knows me. They also saw my growth too, didn't they?" said Gaby asking. Before, she could only memorized the song that are performed on TV, now she already memorized theater songs. Even Pajama Drive Theater Shonichi are her most memorable day. "We are all taught how to dance, be it to those who're already can dance and those who aren't," said Gaby who feels that the bonds between JKT48 members are getting stronger after this one year. "We started from zero. But right now, maybe our grades are about 6 to 7 points from 10. I still have to practice a lot," she stated. The fans and the staffs actually are recognizing the growth in her nature and expressions. "This year, I also want to meet the fans," She said. Gaby who're in the third year at Junior High will enter Senior High this year. She also will strive as hard as she could to learn lessons from school.

Questions
    The most significant changes you felt after joining JKT48
    : learning how to dance and sing and met various kind of people
    Goal: Psychologist
    Thing you usually do before performing on stage: Drink water, check twitter, and pray that everything went well
    Thing that you still feel hard to do while in JKT48: managing time between school and JKT48 activity
    Closest member and what you usually do when together: Cindy, Delima, Beby. Take a picture!
    Body parts you are most proud of: Eyes
    Current interesting preoccupation: Playing guitar
    Dishes you are most proud of: Fried rice, fried banana

Date of Birth: 11 April 1998
    Blood Type: O
    Height: 161 cm
    Nickname: Gaby

GHAIDA
    Out from the cocoon to a beautiful butterfly! I'm Ghaida!

Just trying to become perfect
    "In this one year, everything has started to feel better," said Ghaida, the girl who likes to pretend to be a country bumpkin. Now Ghaida has been fully acknowledged as an Idol by fans and staffs alike. "I think my tomboyish side would never change. Even if I already in JKT48, but I'm already like this since I'm born. From now on too, I will work hard with this character," She said. The most memorable moment in this one year was when they go to Tokyo Dome. "I'm really happy I could perform with the members of other sister groups and getting to know each other. My resolution to become more serious and focused in training are getting stronger. From now on I'm aiming to perform perfectly. I will work hard to train, train, and train!

Question[
    The most significant changes you felt after joining JKT48
    : I'm becoming more feminime. When performing in theater, my humpback habit are disappeared. My singing and dancing are getting better
    Goals: I want to get transfered to SKE48 or AKB 48. Then getting a doctorate in Japan.
    Things you usually did before performing: Praying, drink some water.
    Things that you still felt hard to do even after joining JKT48: couldn't speak while seeing the eye of the audience directly in front of many people
    Are you that kind of people who could confess your feelings to the people you like: Of course I want my partner who take the intitative to confess!
    Things you want to do with your boy(girl)friend at anniversary: Dinner at sea, after that diving into the blue water seeing the fish and the corals
    Skills you are most proud of compared to the other members: Cheerfulness
    Things you would bring when you are stranded on lonely island: Must bring Holy Koran, because God will be sure to protect me

Date of Birth: 29 May 1995
    Horoscope: Gemini
    Height: 164
    Nickname: Ghaida

DHIFA
    Like a jewelry that always shining, I'm Nadhifa.

I want to be able to influence other people
    "No matter how many I ate, I would not get fat. Weird, isn't it?" said Dhifa, the girls who likes to eat but could stay slim. Dhifa could eat anything except fish. People see her as a matured and calm girl, even when talking with the staffs, She only replied "Yes, yes." She had a really cool image. After watching and adoring JKT48 quite few times, she eventually joined the audition. "There's so many cute girls with great dance move. I interested in trying to join." said Dhifa when telling her secret. Her ambition are to be able to give an influence to other people.

Question
    Hobbies: Listening to music, watching movies, staring blankly.
    Favorite foods: Pizza, pasta, Nasi Timbul
    Hated Foods: Fish, shrimp
    Favorite words: any motivational words
    Things that you request if had one wish to be granted: I hope that my family always well and healthy
    Things you want to do if you are born as a boy: Car racing
    Dating place of your dreams: chilling at home like usual and cook some foods
    The closest JKT48 member: Natalia, Viviyona, Dellia, Sisil, Octi.

Date of Birth: 24 November 1995
    Horoscope: Sagittarius
    Height: 160 cm
    Nickname: Dhifa

NADILA
    Paw paw~ Paw paw~ Paw paw paw paw~ My voice will rock your heart, I'm Nadila.

I want you to come and see me working hard!
    "because the fans had struggling to come (to theater), whatever it is I'm also want to look beatiful and made them happy. Not only that, I would feel happy if the fans actually wanted to come again," said Nadila while smiling. Nadila who doesn't had enough stamina to dance 16 songs still working hard in training. For four years she learn traditional Jaipong dance. Become a singer are her dreams since a kid, and even at school she actively joining singing and dancing competition. Nadila joins JKT48 to keep furnishing her talent. "Looks like I seldom dancing faster than the tempo of the songs," said Nadila.

Question
    Strength: Dancing, singing, acting
    Weakness: Crybaby
    Things you want to do if you are born as a boy: Become a football/soccer athlete
    Favorite dating place: Beautiful beach
    The most significant changes you felt after joining JKT48: Moving back and forth between home and theater
    Things you want to do after joining JKT48: to get promoted into main team
    The closest JKT48 member: I'm close with everyone
    The most respected people after your parents: Teacher at school, Staffs, Seniors at Team J, Older members off 2nd generation.

Date of Birth: 23 September 1998
    Horoscope: Libra
    Height: 152 cm
    Nickname: Nadila

18. dominique

dominique Kenkyuusei

I can help with some translations/QC if I could get some scans

Won't get my book till some time :O

19. Torque

Torque Kenkyuusei

Count me in! I haven't bought the book yet and I'm not even sure if I'm gonna buy it until next couple days/weeks (depending on when my paycheck comes) though; so if there's a QC position available I'd like to be one! :D

20. Kiriha

Kiriha Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    bebychaesaraanadila
    I don't have the book, but ready to translate with scans and QC as well. In fact, I can even QC everything for consistency.