Matsui Rena (Rena) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'SKE48 Graduated Members' started by Naomi, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Geter92

Geter92 Kenkyuusei

Re: Matsui Rena / Team S

The Great Rena shows that you can still get to the top without being pushed hard she worked from the bottom on up I am proud to be a fan of Queen Rena :nb: :nb: :nb: :nb: :nb: :nb: :music:

2. chiuchimu

chiuchimu Member Stage48 Donor

There is a reason why Rena is 10th while Jurina is 14th. It doesn't matter how many people bark their surprise. I always felt Rena was carrying Jurina and I posted so, I also got a bunch of haters on me. That's why Senbatsu is important to AKB members and fans; it's reality time that puts everything in its place.

3. PiNK_LEMONeD

PiNK_LEMONeD Kenkyuusei

Well, I continue my picspam of Majisuka Gakuen season 2:

[​IMG] episode 3

[​IMG] episode 4

[​IMG] episode 5
    ---

Wahou, I am definitively late (but I already posted in the election thread)
    Congratulation to Rena-chan !!! [party] I am so happy !!! [party]

Some pics from a senbatsu talk. Not really great quality, but the joy of Rena makes me happy! :)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I did not know Jurina's fans were mean to Rena! :( It looks like the same than between Aachan and Maeda fans. That's too bad, it will not change anything. I do not like Maeda but I respect their fans. :( Hope it will go away by itself.
    But in a certain way, I can understand them (BIG SPOILER about Majisuka Gakuen season 2)
    if you watched all the episodes before the election, Rena had (and has) a really good role, and with a lot of changing. From the death of Yuko to the last episode, she had a complicated role, with a lot of changing feeling. But, if you watch Jurina, she had a role of "kick-asser". Previous the election, she was here only to kick some asses. And just after the election, in the episode 9, we finally discovered she is not as simple as we though.
    I do not say the vote are only based on Majisuka Gakuen, but it might change your opinion of someone. In some way, Rena was pushed thanks to MG.

I agree, but we cannot take too much thought of it because a same person can vote more than once. ;)

4. shattering

shattering Kenkyuusei

The people who vote for Rena mainly came from SKE fans, so it's not based on Majisuka Gakuen only, but I agree that she was pushed by that.

And there's always hater for famous member. Haters make the world go round, but I wouldn't think too much about it.

5. ET920

ET920 Member

Members who are pushed (Acchan, Jurina, Yui, etc) usually get a lot of haters. Rena, however, didn't get a push other than the one she gave herself by being Gekikara. That is why the amount of haters she has is really low compared to the amount of haters the other girls have.

There is a good number of AKB48 people who have Rena as SKE oshi because she doesn't "interfere" with other girls as Jurina (for example, in the Beginner version Jurina messed with Mayuyu's version, even though other girls like Kojipa or Yukirin ranked higher than her).

If she enters #9 or #8 in next year's senbatsu, though, she may start to be looked as an intruder, just like Jurina got.

6. oddball

oddball Member

^

Well I think it was Jurina who took alot of the flack for Rena when they were both getting promoted with AKB as she was the one who's push was more focussed on rather than Rena, The whole Gekikara thing eneded being well timed as Rena really got pushed after that and people said, hey well she was cool as Gekikara so she deserves the push (which she did)

Besides it's Rena, who could ever hate on Rena? :inlove:

7. koakumanao

koakumanao Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sakamoto Erena
    Twitter:
    koakumanao

u guys should know that most of the speculators of akb had predicted rena's increase in ranking and jurina's drop. it's easy to guess that these ppl mostly look at media data rather than fan surveys. and they were right. in their eyes, rena got more attention from the media than jurina after last year's elections.

Of course, gekikara played a big role in snatching many fans of akb, but do u guys really think non-fans of akb actually watch majisuka? nope, only fans of akb would watch majisuka, and its safe to guess that many fans changed their oshi to rena because they liked her act.

another big push from the management and aki-p is one of the big turning point. Kareha no station. the first solo in ske, which was more popular than their single released at that time, and no 22 at ax2011, the highest ranking among ske songs. with this, rena captured the hearts of both sakae theater fans and akb fans in the capital.

but that's not all. rena has been given many hard challenges, especially at the sakae theater with many difficult shuffles. of course she's only supported because she did well, but on the other hand jurina's position as the ace in sakae's theater begins to dim with less attention from the management for her.

most of the speculators knew this already, and it was pretty easy to guess.

8. shattering

shattering Kenkyuusei

Well, I know about Rena's increasing popularity not from media. I actually saw that her fans are much much more than Jurina as I said in this thread before. During national handshake event, Rena's line is always much much longer than Jurina.

I'm not sure how many people who like AKB actually voted for Rena, but in my opinion it's not going to be so much. I'm sure her vote mainly came from her fans in Nagoya/SKE48 (the same as what happen during last year Kareha no Station being no.1 in SKE48 top 30 songs and no.22 in shibuya ax this year)

9. frblckstr1

frblckstr1 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka

At least one :)

10. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung

Lols gosh who cares where she got her votes from?? :p

Rena's so lovable and I can't find a reason not to love her...lols yeahh especially after Gekikara!!
    Besides, she is soo adorable!! her blog posts are the cutest things ever!!

And about only AKB fans watching Majisuka fans...
    Err not really I have a lot of friends who became fans of AKB through watching Majisuka lolol.

Well I was just a really casual fan when i began watching too I think...
    And it made me love the girls even more...
    Particularly Yuko and Rena!! One of my friends would tell you the same thingg.
    She was just neutral about AKB at first but after majisuka, she became more and more interested in them and eventually became a fan soo [party]

11. chiuchimu

I got hated on for saying this last time but I don't care. I'm saying it again. Rena needs to be in AKB48 not SKE.
    SKE is never going to be anywhere as big as AKB. Rena is a big fish swimming in a small pond when she should be rubbing shoulders with Achan, Yuko and Mariko!

She made 1oth which is astonishing for a non-AKB48 member. but then Rena is an astonishing Idol.
    But, she will not get more than 8th being a part-time AKB member.

If enough fans ask for it I'm certain Akimotosan would change her to AKB.

12. shattering

shattering Kenkyuusei

^
    Rena is ours. Come join the Dark...umm...I mean the SKE48 fan club.

^^
    Well, I also don't really care actually. Just saying that if I'm an AKB fan and so of course I have my oshi in AKB, then I won't be wasting my vote for an SKE member.

I found this when searching for Nishishi's video.
    Her character is totally different from Gekihara in Majisuka :D
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lftrOaZodkk[/yt]

I'm sure she is working really hard to built that character in Majisuka.

13. reddertar

reddertar Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuirena

SKE is now the strongest sub-unit+sister-unit of 48family and Rena is co-leading it, this is the best position she can get now. If she moved to AKB completely, her Nagoya fans will feel betray and many AKB fans will antagonize her since she is not original AKB. And Aki-p won't give her anywhere near front-row of AKB senbatsu anyway.(It's occupied by his favorites(Acchan, Takamina, Tomochin) and strong fan favorities(Yuko, Mariko, Mayuyu, Yukirin))

It's lose-lose situation

What Rena really needs is a mainstream agency who can give her a good drama role in national TV. Only Pythagoras can give her now is local drama roles and pajingko ad which we here all agree that she deserves better.

14. oddball

oddball Member

^

And that's what gets me really, is that Rena has not been picked up by a major agency, surely she is hot property and acencies must of put feelers out to see if she wanted to move.... I wonder why she hasn't?

I can see why staying in SKE works for her though, she gets double exposure that way both leading SKE singles and playing a big part in AKB ones, plus of course in SKE she always has the atttention on her, which is a good thing!

15. ET920

ET920 Member

From what I know, Pythagoras represents all the SKE48 girls, and will probably want to keep that way for some time more.

16. toddvanzetti

toddvanzetti Kenkyuusei

Does anyone know where I can read about, in English, the controversy surrounding Rena's alleged treatment of Takai Tsukina?

Thanks.

17. koakumanao

koakumanao Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sakamoto Erena
    Twitter:
    koakumanao

^
    hmm that's the first time i've heard about that, and through some research of old 2ch boards, it seems like it was a post rena made on her 'hanamaru-ism' blog on the ske official site. u need to be a ske48 mobile member to read the backnumbers.

it's pretty hard to explain in english, coz its something like a word puzzle, or at least that's wat fans think it is. they think she purposely hid a message in her post which meant something like "it's useless(futile), Takai Tsukina" after she was told about tsukina's graduation.

but actually the post was something like a guessing game, and she prob made the puzzle to have the answer 'takai tsukina'. she made a few posts during that time, mostly guessing games. so it could be just a misunderstanding. some time after that, rena posted on ske48's official ameblo that the first member she got to know well was takai tsukina.

rena does seem a little black-hearted coz she prefers to listen rather than join the conversation most of the time. but i think most ppl just misunderstand her. [worried]

and about rena's position, i really dont care where she is, either akb or ske i still love her, and to hell with the agencies! but it would be a shame to see less of W matsui :(

18. chiuchimu

I love that Rena has another side to her.

this is my favorite:It shows two things, Rena has a knotty side to her but also trust worthy; when Rena said,"I won't get mad so tell me", Jurina believed her and did tell her.
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_15P0m4oMI[/yt]

19. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka

Once again your post is a waste of time. And while Ske may not be as big as AKB the fact that it is bigger than any other female idol group (other than AKB of course) and that it is getting bigger and bigger is showing that it is no small pond.

20. koakumanao

koakumanao Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sakamoto Erena
    Twitter:
    koakumanao

New post on Rena's blog! Rain girl! :D
    I wanna go shake hands with Rena toooooooooooo!!!!