Members wounded at handshake event

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, May 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    Too disturbing for words really. I'm surprised at the level of shock and dismay I felt after reading the reports. Initially like all of us I hope it was a rumor but it my worst reality it became the truth. I dealt with this few hours on my own but then I shared a news report from mainichi on my fb with other AKB48 fans and I felt better. So I'm posting here for the same reason, to cope. Thanks to stage48 to gather a group of like-minded individuals. We argue constantly but we all hope the best for annin, richan, and staff to a speedy recovery. Though they will recover physically I pray for emotional recovery too. Their family, friends, and fans will be there for them.

2. LNK_Tomu

LNK_Tomu Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Sadly, with all these things, you need the reactions, training and time to use them. and imagine the outcry if you accidentally pepper-sprayed an innocent.

with all these things, security has to be right 100% of the time and that's impossible.

3. xmikachan

xmikachan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Twitter:
    xmikachuu
    I thought that might've been a translation mistake but nope they don't do their research :/

4. Mimi

Mimi Kenkyuusei

You'll see a lot of false information like saying AKB consist of 48 members etc. As a fan it's frustrating to read, but on the other hand, it's understandable that someone who has no interest in AKB won't know exactly how everything works within the group. It takes a lot of time to learn about all the details for new fans as well

5. firestarter912

firestarter912 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuirena
    when reading the article, i initially thought that some was stabbed and the weapon went inside someone. But after reading all the news that came out, it was really a slashing. Still regardless of what happened, this is pretty shocking.
    I really hope these girls recover and we get an update on them and maybe get an interview with them or a statement from aki-p on tv

6. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

Asides from some amounts of sensationalism bordering on yellow journalism, JT is known to have a biased slant against some idol groups and their music.

7. marnchor

marnchor Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyazawasae
    the girls are all off social media because in cases like these any commentary just adds froth. Eye witnesses can't comment because it would have implications for the criminal ( and maybe civil) cases. Non witnesses are speculating or just expressing personal feelings (much appreciated but only likely to stoke )

8. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

I guess the management could provide them with 99.9%, but it would involve things like frisks, metal detectors, one guard for every lane... However, something far more likely is that the management decides to reduce drastically the number of fans that can attend the event, so it's easier to have an eye on them all the time...or even stop making handshakes outside the theater...

9. goh1925

goh1925 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayui01
    Japan Times has a track record of being unfriendly to AKB48, just read their old articles.

Speaking of which, I don't think metal detectors works anyway,
    non-metal sharp object like ceramic knife is just as easily obtainable like their metal equivalent.

10. Discothèque

Discothèque Member

Oshimen:
    anaichihiro
    Twitter:
    _ohmyArin
    They could of course just check everyone before they enter the venue. they do that at a lot of sport events anyway.

11. cheza28

cheza28 Kenkyuusei

12. Mimi

Mimi Kenkyuusei

That's still pretty long. I thought they would just need some stitches.:(

13. Deyan

Deyan Member

Twitter:
    MrWeilai
    Watch out what you say, it sounds like you're saying "better AnRi than Mayuyu"... I know you don't, but your sentence annoyed me.

I hope more official statements will come soon, we get an official statement statement saying that "only" their hands have been damaged but then we hear about Annin's head ? I don't really like not knowing but this can't be helped for the moment.

I hope our girls will get better soon, and I will support any decision they make about their future in the group. The psychological trauma is gonna be huge and they will need to do whatever they need to do to process it and get better.

14. natsunishi

natsunishi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iriyama Anna
    About Annin's head, they said that her skin was injured "only" but it still needed a surgery, not just her finger.

15. phenomenalprince

phenomenalprince Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    yes, that is pretty long to be " stitched " up. i think it should have taken at least 30-40 minutes. maybe even less than 20.
    but, 3 hrs... ( TT . TT )

it looks like the info i posted about the weapon is most likely spot on. all i can say is... fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

16. DaimonMichiko

DaimonMichiko Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Agree. The whole thing is full ambiguity. Besides the attack, we hardly get detailed explaination on what had happens to the girls. Other girls must have had suffered trauma as well.
    I think the security is already at a good level, just that they really need to step it up.
    (i.e airport style check before entering the venue. not just before the lane.
    another check at the venue).

17. LNK_Tomu

LNK_Tomu Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Not a medic, but saws are 'messy', you don't get a clean cut like you do with a knife. It could take them a while to clean it up, check for no major damage to nerves etc, set the fingers for proper healing (maybe put a plate or screw in there to help lock it into position for a few weeks), sow it back together to minimize scarring etc.

It's possibly a 'do the best cosmetic job' rather than 'make sure the patient doesn't die'

18. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    It's always my favorite members who get hurt :cold:

I only wish for the three of them to make a speedy recovery and not feel like they're burdening anyone with the time they spend to recover. Their health comes first so mgmt should focus on that, and think about how to improve security (which i'm sure they already are considering) so I have no worries about the future of handshake events. I hope the girls aren't too shaken up by this (Ricchan, Annin and other 48 members).
    In terms of the elections, I feel like this will bump their votes up a little as an act of support :^^;:

19. rka

rka Senbatsu Stage48 Donor

Funny, i was going to the PC with exactly that in mind. Like, "even if something unexpectedly bad happens, please continue with the idol character". Professional, yes, but produced a little *shrug* in my mind.

20. GTR

GTR Kenkyuusei

I hope Annin, Ricchan, and the staff will recover quickly both physically and mentally. Emotional pain is the hardest to heal, I hope they all get through this, and also the fans who had to witness what happened.

I am waiting to see what that guy has to say for his actions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.