Members wounded at handshake event

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, May 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Konbawasamin48

Konbawasamin48 Kenkyuusei

Imagine you have a daughter in AKB48 and that happened, would you let her go to another handshake event?

The trust has been broken, innocence has been slashed away. The girls rights to be safe and secure from attack outweighs our rights to shake their hands, and far outweighs any monetary gain. Nothing is worth getting slashed over...nothing.

I'm just thankful it wasn't worse, because it could have been far far worse.

The ball is in your court now management, do the right thing.

2. ajeossi76

ajeossi76 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuirena
    What a fuck! Where do these creeps always pop out? Hope girls are alright and get over this. Also 'cause this kind of shit, there is always possibility that these events stop. How about virtual handshake events... :confused:

3. phenomenalprince

phenomenalprince Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
  4. xmikachan

xmikachan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Twitter:
    xmikachuu
    I just read about this and I seriously can't believe this happened. It's made me realize how they make themselves so vulnerable at these events and I really think this will effect future ones. Unfortunately they might need more security checks or something with all the crazy people out there like this guy.

5. LNK_Tomu

LNK_Tomu Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

One thing that has not been mentioned is that it was a 5 person lane with Oshima Ryoka, Kuramochi Asuka & Takajo Aki also in Lane 6. This must have been horrendous for them, to be that close. And until (unless) the police release details of a motive, there is always the possibility that Kawaei and/or Iriyama were not targeted, they were just unlucky to #1 and #2 in the lane today.

More information required on how random this was.

6. yurei999

yurei999 Kenkyuusei

It's from SKE48, someone throw black powder at Yamada Mizuho in the face during handshake, last year December...

7. kopkrazy

kopkrazy Member

what a shocker , i hope that handshake events will be back to normal asap

8. phenomenalprince

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    that's what i thought. i KNEW there was more than just Ricchan and Annin in that lane.

9. xmikachan

xmikachan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Twitter:
    xmikachuu
    Ugh T__T it seems like he could have easily hidden that too...

10. kobwad

kobwad Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    They can't. Sure, they can tighten the security but let's be honest, if someone comes to a HS event with an intention of seriously harming a girl, it's going to be very hard to prevent it if they still keep the direct interaction between fans and members.
    They can try to apply more rules and tighten the security but at best, they can only reduce the seriousness of incidents. If there are still people with crazy behaviour like this guy in the fandom, it's impossible to provide members with 100% safety and protection.

11. teleportation

teleportation Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    The safety and emotional well-being of both girls and the staff member are obviously the most important things here but I can't help but wonder how much this is or isn't going to affect 48Group in the long-term, especially since now we've learned most of what happened and know that nobody's in any serious danger.

This was brought up at least once before but in the cases of the younger girls, do you think their parents might pull some of them out? Force them to graduate or something? If I was a parent, I'm not sure how okay I would feel about my young child doing handshake events or really any promotional work now that the possibility of them getting hurt has been proven to be real. I doubt it'll happen but I wouldn't be entirely surprised if we see a chunk of the 13th-15th gen graduate because of this, which would be a problem for AKB48 because if the new generations become disjointed while the older generations are graduating one-by-one and the mid-gens never really took off, what then? What, if anything, is this going to mean for something as obscure as audition rates? How many parents are going to be okay with their daughters joining an idol group that had two of its members assaulted with a deadly weapon right in the middle of an official event?

In his blog post, Wen mentioned Miichan specifically as someone who made sure other members got backstage safely. I'm always surprised at how responsible she's become over the past year or so.

I'm inclined to believe that things will get back to normal (maybe with some stronger security) fairly soon but I guess we can't really say from experience how incidents like these are usually handled, right? Hopefully the sad little man that did this will be in prison for a long time and maybe will get some professional help too. Either way, it's obviously not safe for him to be out there in the world. More than that though, I hope everyone involved, including us as fans (especially the ones who were there and had to see it happen) can move on from this eventually and keep supporting AKB48. I hate to think that one guy who's apparently incapable of controlling himself might ruin it all for someone.

(also: im sorry this is my first post! i've been putting off introducing myself for months but I just needed to comment on this since it came out of nowhere and has been pretty...sobering, to say the least)

12. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

This was the lane configuration when it happened:

(1)渡辺麻友 (Mayuyu)
     (2)柏木由紀
     (3)小嶋陽菜
     (4)高橋みなみ (Takamina)
     (5)小笠原茉由、島崎遥香、高橋朱里、横山由依
     (6)入山杏奈 (Annin)、大島涼花、川栄李奈 (Ricchan)、倉持明日香、高城亜樹

(7)岡田奈々、小嶋真子、加藤玲奈、西野未姫、峯岸みなみ (Miichan)
     (8)岩立沙穂、内山奈月、梅田綾乃、大和田南那、川本紗矢、橋本耀、前田美月、茂木忍
     (9)市川愛美、岩田華怜 (Karen)、小嶋菜月、込山榛香、田北香世子、土保瑞希、西山玲那、福岡聖菜、藤田奈那、前田亜美、武藤十夢
     (10)岡田彩花、北澤早紀、小林茉里奈、佐々木優佳里、篠崎彩奈、高島祐利奈、名取稚菜、平田梨奈、向井地美音、村山彩希、横島亜衿

13. Furukawa_Akane

Furukawa_Akane Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    I was there if i quote myself

I really wanted to help though

14. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

I was shocked and disgusted at Japan Times' reportage referring to the members as "dancers"; I take it as an insult to both girls and to the fandom.

15. Bushido

Bushido Kenkyuusei

If AKB48 were to take out handshakes as a promotion tool, how much do you guys think it would affect album sales? 50%? More?

16. black_snow

black_snow Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Damn, Mayu is alone. :shock: glad that guy wasn't in her lane. :cold:

Give the girls and staff stun guns and pepper sprays!!!:asdfgh:

17. phenomenalprince

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    going into researching on what the weapon might actually be...
    it is definitely this one:

http://images-cdn.ecwid.com/images/877073/157321467.jpg

info on the length of the above saw:

http://www.baileysonline.com/Arbori...4-24-Woodboy-240MM-Dozuki-Woodworking-Saw.axd

or the original:

apart:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7e/Jap_saw_Dozuki_P2100027.JPG

assembled:

http://www.utensiliprofessionali.com/z313720.jpg

i'm sorry for posting this, but i just wanted to let everybody get a picture of how it was possible to bring in something like a saw that's small enough in.
    you can literally conceal this in a bag or even under your shirt, pushed in between your waist line of your pant.

18. Stankovic

Stankovic Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    TeamJuri
    [​IMG]

It's gonna be hard to say who is his actual target when his motive until this moment is still unknown. But best things we know are his weapon and victims. According to the image above, lane 5 and 6 are in one tent. Now to release names of those lanes.

Lane 5: Ogasawara Mayu, Shimazaki Haruka, Takahashi Juri, & Yokoyama Yui
    Lane 6: Iriyama Anna, Oshima Ryoka, Kawaei Rina, Kuramochi Asuka, & Takajo Aki

I don't think the guy had any direct contact with girls in lane 5, but they would have definitely heard the scream from lane 6 louder. Talking about the other girls in lane 6, this might not be confirmed but some words on the street said Ryochan, Mocchi, and Akicha who got shocked were also walked into the ambulance. Definitely not a physical wound, but their trauma must have been deeper than anyone else outside the lane. Especially Ryochan who's the youngest of those three. Aside from reporting the girls have made it to the station, I think almost all media focus their topic on wounded victims. Hence, you can barely heard any news about the others

19. DaimonMichiko

DaimonMichiko Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    @phenomenalprince
    Ah no wonder. wow :eek:

For single, excluding theatre edition, sales of CD were around 300K-400K (Based on the soundscan)
    But dont forget that also include limited edition which contains tix for National HE
    So maybe AKB will be selling on 100K , SKE, NMB, HKT each less than 100K
    which in no way can accomodate 249+
    either way, mass of graduations will still occur

20. oscarwilde

oscarwilde Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    oscarwilde48
    The handshake lanes were as follows:

(4) Takahashi Minami
    (5) Ogasawara Mayu, Shimazaki Haruka, Takahashi Juri, Yokoyama Yui
    (6) Iriyama Anna, Oshima Ryouka, Kawaei Rina, Kuramochi Asuka, Takajou Aki
    (7) Okada Nana, Kojima Mako, Kato Rena, Nishino Miki, Minegishi Minami
    (8) Iwatate Saho, Uchiyama Natsuki, Umeta Ayano, Owada Nana, Kawamoto Saya, Hashimoto Hikari, Maeda Mitsuki, Motegi Shinobu

④高橋みなみ
    ⑤小笠原茉由、島崎遥香、高橋朱里、横山由依
    ⑥入山杏奈、大島涼花、川栄李奈、倉持明日香、高城亜樹
    ⑦岡田奈々、小嶋真子、加藤玲奈、西野未姫、峯岸みなみ
    ⑧岩立沙穂、内山奈月、梅田綾乃、大和田南那、川本紗矢、橋本耀、前田美月、茂木忍

http://ameblo.jp/akihabara48/entry-11858108098.html

[​IMG]

s. ‏@KojimakoFanID

https://twitter.com/KojimakoFanID/status/470564803631538176/photo/1

Last edited: May 26, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.