Members wounded at handshake event

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, May 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puni

Puni Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    Glad to hear that all victims are safe. I hope that none of them will suffer from big emotional scars.

It's a pitty that this kind of stuff happens, but you can do hardly anything against this unless you stop doing anything related to public activities. You will always have a nutjob that may harm you, anytime and anywhere in the world.
    If we are honest, your chances of dying due to mistreatment at a hospital or being caught in a car accident is far bigger than being harmed by a terrorist/nutjob, but most of us are more afraid of the later item.

So at the moment we have 3 options on how to proceed.
    - Discontinue handshake events etc. This yould mean to get rid of the whole "Idols you can meet" stuff. That would mean a huge blow to the fandom.
    - Keep everything as it is now.
    - Increase security. The problem with this is finding the right balance. Airport like security checks would render the whole event unpractical and expensive.

Imo, the best approach that managment should take is to continue the events (one of the big appeal points of the whole 48group) but place some bodyguards next to the girls and ushers.

2. Betazu

Betazu Kenkyuusei

It's impossible not to be traumatized after that incident. Besides they're just young girls. *sigh*....thinking what they're feeling through right now, i feel helpless

3. Chrissel

Chrissel Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Sugiyama Aika
    Twitter:
    kurisuuu48
    I wish there was a way I could comfort them... I really can't imagine how the must feel now

4. AKBree

AKBree Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    [​IMG]
    This was on WrapUp, no link, but it says both the girls' heads and hands and the staff member's right hand were injured.

Last edited: May 25, 2014
  5. Yagami Kumi

Yagami Kumi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinomiki
    I can't believe someone would go to all that trouble just to attack someone :( poor innocent girls doing their jobs at that, just what exactly was this psycho's motive?

6. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    Regarding comments about security at events, there is already staff there. There is always a (male) staff member standing behind you at all times to move you on, and especially with the senbatsu there may also be an OJS48 member, who are retired law enforcement officers.

I've always wondered why it's so easy to enter these events, you don't even get a ticket check until you actually join the lines. You can easily access the venue without ever talking to a staff member, let alone getting any checks done. I guess that's gonna change.

7. True_Beginner

True_Beginner Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
    This is depressing, especially with the election around the corner. It would almost be proper to postpone it, but so many people have already voted that it's probably too late. The atmosphere is different now and if they both attend it's going to be something that will overshadow the whole thing for me.

At this point I don't even know what to expect from management in terms of how they will handle this, or how the girls will perceive meeting the fans...I guess everyone was given a test today. In the end it's about the girls, hopefully we all learn something from this and can move on.

8. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I really don't see how that would be expensive. I mean, the whole metal detector thing is way too much.
    But I don't know, make the fans leave their bags somewhere before coming in to see the girls? Making a search to see if they have objects of any sort? They can put their wallets/phones/keys in the bags or whatever. They are there to HANDSHAKE their idols, so they don't need anything else.
    It might make the events slower, but I'd rather have that than another incident.

Since I read the news this morning I've been feeling sick.
    Annin and Ricchan are two of the very first members I noticed and they have a special place in my oshi-heart.
    Many questions are popping into my head regarding them. Will they go on? Will they say something tomorrow/when they're out of the hospital? Will they keep their schedules are usual? Will they perform at Ajinomoto and stay during the election?
    I wouldn't blame them if they decided to stay out of business for a couple of months or even retiring from it.
    The experience must have been a nightmare.

9. goh1925

goh1925 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayui01
    Seeing the news has been reported by Taiwanese and my local media.
    I'm a little worried the media will use this event to ridicule AKB48 again.

10. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

I shall treat this incident as a domestic terrorist attack than a random act of crime.

11. Mimi

Mimi Kenkyuusei

People are people wherever you go and you'll find people that are messed up in any country or culture. I'm glad it wasn't in the US, imagine this lunatic having a gun.

12. otoppoi

otoppoi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

This is just devastating news. I can't even imagine how this might change AKB events moving forward in the future...you know members, especially the younger ones, will have this incident in the back of their mind for a long time. I hope everyone injured recovers quickly and I hope they get some crisis counselors in there for all members and staff alike.

I've always been kind of amazed by the level of contact AKB members have with their fans, because it's just not something that could happen in my country without incidents like this. I'm sad that it's come to this now.

13. Andi Ilham

Andi Ilham Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayui02
    Twitter:
    darkshinescales
    FNN News

if the video does not show watch the video here

14. natsunishi

natsunishi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iriyama Anna
    anyway, i do agree with people who says that the forum should make a message sending project to the girls/whole group...

15. renzon

renzon Kenkyuusei

They publish the face of the villain now..

16. Mimi

Mimi Kenkyuusei

People are already talking about the "typical creeps" that AKB attracts, nothing new. We know what AKB is about and what they mean to us so who cares about those ignorant comments.

17. dereko92

dereko92 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takanoyui
    Twitter:
    squeeker92
    All that would do is help "glorify" the guy, giving him that attention that he seeks

18. Puni

Puni Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    Ok, then i'm going to explain it a bit more detailed.
    With Airport-like security i mean the complete packages. Metal detectors, Pad-downs, baggage checks, dedicated security stuff (that knows how to operate the machinery). That stuff doesn't come cheap and you can choose between two options.
    Few security lanes, prepare for some serious wait time.
    Quite some security lanes means a lot of detectors, staff etc...

Don't misunderstand me, i'm with you on a "leave your jacket and bags at the counter" "keep your hands out of your pockets, unless you want to face the floor" policy, but i would mind anything airport like.

On a further note, i don't trust this metal detectors. Recently went through security checks at Munich, Tokyo and Nuernberg Airport, only the later detector minded my belt.
    And don't mentions these handheld detectors. One of these once went crazy about my sneakers (metal free). Free pad-down included.

19. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
  20. drazaar

drazaar Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nagaomariya
    Ugh, i had seen a rumor before going to sleep...it only takes one guy to ruin it for everyone. Thankfully everyone will be alright. I just saw annin and ricchan a week ago at 2shots too:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.