[PC GAME] MajisukaFightSim

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by JeijeiFin, Jun 9, 2011.

1. JeijeiFin

JeijeiFin Kenkyuusei

Here's more information about the new single player game mode I'm implementing.

In the Leagues Game you start in the lowest league with limited number of fighters in your team. Your ultimate goal is first to get to the highest league and then challenge and beat the highest league champions.

Before each round you can select up to five characters to fight. When you use a character in a fight, she has to rest one or more rounds before she can be selected again.

If you win a fight, you will get points. If you lose, you will lose the same amount of points you would have gained by winning. Against strong opponents you will get/lose more points than against weak opponents. If you lose all your points, the game is over.

You can use points to hire new fighters in your team or you can use them to purchase items. If you want to challenge the league champions (in order to rise to the higher league), it will also cost you points.

Every 5 rounds the following things will happen:
    - You have a chance to challenge the champions of your current league (if you have enough points).
    - You can save your progress.
    - New character(s) will become available for hiring. As long as they are not hired, they will randomly fight against you.
    - The fights may become a bit more challenging.

2. myzteriouz

myzteriouz Kenkyuusei

So when could we expect this new version Jeijei? :D

3. JeijeiFin

JeijeiFin Kenkyuusei

I'm releasing a new version of the game this week, maybe already on Tuesday or Wednesday. There will be Copper League and Bronze League of the new game mode "Leagues Game" in the new version. If people like it, I might add higher leagues in the future updates.

Prefight strategies - especially in the Bronze League - make the Leagues Game more tactical than any other game mode. Also in the Leagues Game losing a battle is ok, as long as you don't lose too often. For example I lost 4-5 rounds in Bronze League when I was testing it and I never loaded a previous savegame because of a loss.

4. JeijeiFin

JeijeiFin Kenkyuusei

MajisukaFightSim version 0.6.9 is released and can be downloaded at the MajisukaFightSim website.

Copper League and Bronze League of the Leagues Game are now playable. Also Team Hormone and Team Fondue members have now a new team bonus "Regen" as long as all five team members are in a party and no one is KO. When Regen is up, each party member regenerates 5 HP in the beginning of each turn.

Changes at version 0.6.9:
    - Added Copper league and Bronze league of the Leagues Game.
    - In the Party Selection window you can now add characters to party by doubleclicking their names in the list.
    - In the Party Selection window you can now remove characters from party by doubleclicking their pictures.
    - New team bonus "Regen" for Team Hormone and Team Fondue, when all 5 team members are in a party and no one is KO.
    - Added new skill "Power Punch" to Janken.
    - Added new skill "Lemon Spray" to Lemon.
    - Added new skill "Golf Attack" to Tsuri.
    - Added new skill "Power Punch" to Toshima.
    - Added new skill "Kick" to Manamana.

General Tips for Leagues Game:
    - In copper league the characters need to rest 1 round after being used in a fight, but in Bronze league they need to rest 2 rounds.
    - Don't use full party in a fight, if 2 characters will do; the next fight might be harder.
    - Losing a single fight here and there is part of the League Game - don't worry about it.
    - Characters who are available for hiring in lower league will stay in the list when you advance to the higher league.
    - When you hire a character, she will no longer fight against you.
    - Before advancing to the higher league make sure you are ready for it, or you end up losing more fights than winning there.
    - Characters with dodge lowering skills (blind/hold/irritate) and characters who have high accuracy (or can raise their accuracy) are most effective against rats and wildcats.
    - If you want to fold a round quickly, just don't select any characters and click "Start!".

5. myzteriouz

myzteriouz Kenkyuusei

Tried it already. With the way it's going, I think you should put up a LOT of team bonuses. Moreover, if you can wager your points before a duel or a janken battle, why not have it as the norm. And I think it's really REALLY tough to fight the Copper League if you really can't gain access to the best fighters ASAP. It feels like I have to fight at least 60 rounds before I get Torigoya, which would really be nice. So yeah, it's really tough to fight with team Hormone for the duration of the league.

EDIT:
    Oh, I finally finished the League Match. It was kinda short lived though it took me 86 rounds in the Bronze League. Again, I would've wanted more people to hire but yeah, the combinations I used in the end was kinda nice (Nezumi, Shaku, Yabakune Ex-Leader, Miso, and Lovetan) though it would've been nicer if there were more. Maybe 1 new hiree for every 10 rounds? As per the duel, maybe if we could defeat the person we went up against, maybe we could get that loser to join our party. If we lose, then maybe we lose that fighter.

6. JeijeiFin

JeijeiFin Kenkyuusei

I don't think I'm doing that, because getting or losing character would be a bit too powerful reward/punishment for a random event.

However, there could be more different types of random events, since there are only two at the moment (duel and janken). Originally (when I balanced the game) there were no random events at all, but I added them before releasing.

7. myzteriouz

myzteriouz Kenkyuusei

well, if you lose a character, buyback could be like 3/4 the original hiring price of that character. If a character is gained from a duel, maybe you could like get that character's skills by paying half of a designated hiring price. Would that cover up the imbalance of things? :D

8. JeijeiFin

JeijeiFin Kenkyuusei

MajisukaFightSim v0.6.10 is now released and can be downloaded at MajisukaFightSim website.

Changes at version 0.6.10:
    - Added Silver league to the Leagues Game.
    - Added new random event (=minigame) to the Leagues Game.
    - "Wooden Chair" item now provides not only +25% attack power, but also +50% accuracy.
    - Added +50% accuracy bonus for Gekikara's "Chair Attack" skill.

REMEMBER TO COPY YOUR OLD SAVEGAME FILES TO THE NEW GAME DIRECTORY!

General Tips for Leagues Game:
    - In the Silver league characters need to rest 3 rounds before they can be used again. So basically you need four balanced parties, if you want to win every round.
    - When you load saved game, there will be no random events / minigames in the next 5 rounds.

9. JeijeiFin

JeijeiFin Kenkyuusei

I'm working on chapter 4 of the Campaign at the moment. Releasing maybe next week or so... :)

10. theidolcyborg

theidolcyborg Kenkyuusei

This game looks fun so I will have to download it and test it out

11. JeijeiFin

JeijeiFin Kenkyuusei

MajisukaFightSim v0.7.11 with Chapter 4 and Golden league is now released!

PLEASE REMEMBER TO COPY YOUR OLD SAVEGAME FILES TO THE NEW GAME DIRECTORY!

Changes at version 0.7.11:
    - Added Chapter 4 to the Campaign.
    - Added Golden league to the Leagues Game.
    - Added new team bonus for the "new four queens".

General Tips:
    - If you have completed chapter 3 earlier when it was released, there are now new skills available to be purchased (at least for Team Fondue).
    - You can use headbutt and kicks even if you are handcuffed.
    - In the Silver and Golden league characters need to rest 3 rounds before they can be used again. So basically you need four balanced parties, if you want to win every round.
    - Try to find good combinations when balancing your parties. For example in Golden league you have a lot of characters with "Hold" or "Blind" skill. Generally it is a good idea to have at least one blinder and holder in all parties.
    - In Golden league Kabuki bonus (+15% defense and +15% dodge) can actually make a difference between winning or losing a fight, so it is a good idea to keep the Kabuki Sisters in the same party.
    - Even if Miso has pretty low HP and accuracy for Golden League, makes Little Kabuki & Miso a nice combination. First Little Kabuki uses "Battle Cry" and Miso then stabs one of the stunned characters (no disguise needed, because it is 100% hit anyway against a stunned character).

12. JeijeiFin

JeijeiFin Kenkyuusei

MajisukaFightSim v0.7.12 adds two background music tracks to fights. Probably not really worth downloading if you already have v0.7.11.

13. myzteriouz

myzteriouz Kenkyuusei

wow, I didn't know you've updated last February! [shock] I'm happy you actually did! I'd try to finish things up so I'd know if there's something I should expect more. Nevertheless, thanks for everything [clap]

oh, and other points you may look into:

*Yakuza stilettos are kinda imba if you'd ask me. I hope there's a chance to dispossess them of Stilettos (maybe a specific offensive skill [e.g. kicks, headbutts, etc.] would do).
    *Since I'm still working on Chapter 4, I don't know if you're putting up bonuses for the Old 4 Queens. Hopefully they're all available and that bonus kicks in. And since we're at that topic, why not have simple bonuses for having the Sanshou Sisters and Hadashi no Kai? Probably the same as to how the Kabuki Sisters get their bonus
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    finished the Golden League as of this week (March 23 - sorry, I'm bored) with Nezumi, Torigoya, and three leaders. Mieta Acchan, Charm Otabe, Otabe charms Sado = Game Over. So yeah, I hope you make a Champions League for the League Mode so that I could get my hands on Nakamata and possibly the Golden League Champions + Yuko and Black

14. JeijeiFin

JeijeiFin Kenkyuusei

Yakuza have to equip their stilettos in the beginning of the fight, so there is time to use Stun/Hold/Distract/Fear/Blind on them and/or beat them up fast.

We'll see.

If I add chapter 5 to the campaign at some point, I'll probably add one or two leagues as well. Releasing new version before MG3 starts would be nice, but not necessary happening...

15. myzteriouz

myzteriouz Kenkyuusei

Miso's Stab is buffed by Disguise, which becomes a one time thing because you have to wait for Stab to get back. I was thinking you should pattern Stiletto with that of Miso's :D

well, you could concentrate on the League first. It's becoming more fun than that of the Campaign. Prolly because I hate the cops having to Handcuff me every single time and I'm left with one character to fend off like six characters. Plus, the save points are too few and far in between.

16. JeijeiFin

JeijeiFin Kenkyuusei

If it's getting too hard or you just want to run through chapter 4 quickly you can always open Settings dialog (View->Settings) and change difficulty to easy. Then maybe before fixed bossfights change it back to normal.

Btw, I have balanced chapter 4 (as well as other chapters) on normal difficulty so that I can play them through myself without losing a single random fight. Today I did some more testing: first I completed chapter 4 normally. After that I played 2nd and 3rd alley through with a special version of the game, in which all the random fights were against cops. So I fought about 20 fights against cops. Most of them were easy, some of them challenging and one fight I actually lost and had to load savegame. It was still only 1 loss vs. 19 wins. IMO 4 dogs & 2 cops is harder combo than for example 4 cops & 2 dogs.

I can give you my strategy agains the cops. Don't know if it's the most efficient, but that's what I have used. :)

Party: Gekikara, Torigoya, Kabuki Sisters, Gakuran
    Skills: All, except Torigoya had no "Vanish", Little Kabuki had no "The Boston Crab" and Gekikara had no "Gekikara Mode" (forgot to purchase it).

First thing in cop fights is to realize that the police dogs are the ones that do the most of the damage against player party. Especially their "Bite" skill (+25% attack power) is very nasty. The dogs have slightly better dodge than cops, but they are low on defense and hp, so they can usually be 3- or 4-hitted.

The cops don't hit very hard, but they have nice hp, defense and dodge, so you generally need to hit them over 10 times before they go down (unless they are stunned). However, some cops have lower defense and dodge than others. When a cop tries to handcuff someone, there is cop's accuracy vs. target's dodge check to determine if the handcuffing succeeds. A cop can only handcuff a person ONCE per fight so pay attencion which cops have already used "Handcuff" skills and who still have it.

Anyway, here is what I usually do at a fight against cops:
    - Torigoya uses "Mieta" against the cop with 70+ accuracy and high defense and dodge. When the fear effect ends Torigoys puts "Mieta" back on him as soon as possible.
    - Gakuran uses "Concentrate Mode". It wastes one turn, but +15% dodge helps to avoid handcuffing attempts and +15% accuracy is also nice because both cops and dogs have high dodge.
    - Little Kabuki uses "Battlecry". If any cop is stunned concentrate all attacks on that cop and try to KO him before he handcuffs anyone. If several cops are stunned attack the one that has lowest defense. If no cops are stunned focus on dogs (first stunned dog or the dog with the lowest dodge or best attack).
    - Gekikara should use "Chair Attack" first. Do NOT use "Gekikara Mode" yet, you don't have time for that.
    - If someone takes 50+ points damage in the beginning, Torigoya should use bandages on her.
    - After beating the first (stunned) opponent beat all the dogs.
    - When the first opponent is beaten Gekikara can use "Gekikara Laugh" or just "Attack" if she have a chance to finish someone with a single hit.
    - When Gekikara has already used "Chair Attack" and "Gakikara Laugh", no one is stunned and she cannot finish anyone with a single hit, it is possible (but not necessary) to use "Gekikara Mode".
    - When you have beaten all the dogs, concentrate attacks on a cop, who has not used his "Handcuff" skill yet. If there are more than one that kind of cop you can pick the one with the lowest defense and dodge or the one you have put "Mieta" on.
    - If someone (other than Gekikara) is taking heavy damage and there are still several opponents left, use bandages on her. Especially Torigoya should have almost full hp all the time in the beginning. Ideally Torigoya does the healing, but if she can't then someone else have to.

17. myzteriouz

myzteriouz Kenkyuusei

I thought you went with a full new four queens setup. Maybe that's why I've been having problems. :XD: Yeah, I always kill the dogs first because they have low HP but once I finish them off, I couldn't put a hit on the cops. So yeah, I relied too much on a new bonus you've placed. Maybe I should go with who's stronger :awesome:

But yeah, I still think there should be an option to release the handcuffs one way or another. It's a good thing to gamble on for a player IMO: save your teammate or just commando your way through it

18. JeijeiFin

JeijeiFin Kenkyuusei

Hmmm, I could add a new "Lockpick" item to the game with for example 50% chance (or accuracy based chance) of getting rid of teammate's handcuffs.

19. JeijeiFin

JeijeiFin Kenkyuusei

^ Ok, I released new version MajisukaFightSim v0.7.13 with lockpicks.

Lockpicks have 50% chance to unlock teammate's handcuffs. I don't think it made the fights any easier, but personally I like that there is now more options for a player to think about. Now it is up to player to decide, whether to waste one or more turns with lockpicking or just keep pushing with a good tempo. :) On Chapter 4 you can now find one or two lockpicks, but more can be purchased (for only 100 points each).

20. myzteriouz

myzteriouz Kenkyuusei

yay! I'm downloading it now! :D And the fact that it's relatively cheap makes it good