[POLL] Team K captain

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by karles48, Apr 7, 2011.

?

Choose your captain (Team K)

1. Akimoto Sayaka

124 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. Fujie Reina

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
  3. Itano Tomomi

7 vote(s)
    3.2%
  4. Kikuchi Ayaka

2 vote(s)
    0.9%
  5. Matsui Sakiko

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  6. Minegishi Minami

9 vote(s)
    4.1%
  7. Miyazawa Sae

6 vote(s)
    2.8%
  8. Nakatsuka Tomomi

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  9. Nito Moeno

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  10. Nonaka Misato

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Oshima Yuko

42 vote(s)
    19.4%
  12. Tanabe Miku

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  13. Uchida Mayumi

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  14. Umeda Ayaka

13 vote(s)
    6.0%
  15. Yokoyama Yui

5 vote(s)
    2.3%
  16. Yonezawa Rumi

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. yic17

yic17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    you know what, the thing is .. I can say the same about you. I feel the same about what you said about Miichan. if I exaggerate her greatness - then you exaggerate her weakness. I mean really, when I read what you wrote - you seem to be picking out all her negativity without giving credits to her positive traits.

and I don't think I exaggerate btw. I say what I feel about the members. they are truth to me. and there are people who agree with me and people who disagree. so maybe it's possible that I see a different side of the girls than you. it doesn't mean what I feel about the girls are plain wrong. otherwise I wouldn't be having those feelings.

like I said, maybe they are half true to you. but you have to know, while you may think what you know about the girls are "factual". but in reality, you are also interpreting those "facts" through your own mind. so we can see the same thing and feel differently about it.

now, you say I should learn more about these members before I throw out my opinions. but what is enough? when am I able to start throwing out my opinions? should I wait for a year before I can start forming opinions?

while it's true that I do not know every member perfectly and that I am quite new to AKB48 (started in the end of 2010). but I have gone through at least a few hundred videos (TV shows, concerts, interviews, and everything else) of them starting from their January 2010 to today's. most likely I know less about them than you - but I believe I know enough to form opinions about majority of the girls.

so I don't think I know so little that I cannot form my opinions. I think we just don't agree on the same things.

Yes, I also see Team K as the cool, talented, and "serious" team. Which is why it is the team I least prefer. If Miichan becomes the new captain, I hope she CHANGES Team K. Not keep it as it is.

And seeing the other options, Sae and Yuko, I think they will keep the team as it is. Well, Yuko might actually do something fun with it. But I still prefer Miichan due to her personality.

2. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    I don't get it, i only stated facts not make up some lines.

Ah, nevermind i'm tired of argueing i only throw myself in these things whenever i feel someone has a naive opinion, but i've find it too irritating when you call it an opinion.
    As for more fact as to why i don't think Minegishi would suit as captain, hmmmm i don't think the members would rely on her, that's the most important part. The captain hardly has any real power as to changing how the team functions or deciding the spirit, it's a resposibility to get the members pumped up or to get them moving and become united, though this discussion was mainly made when the 3 teams were made captain no one really understood the point, Urano Kazumi was the only captain before and it was for team B, when i heard members saying how she gets the team going i realized that i have to understand other qualities rather then the idol ones they have. Team A has Takahashi who throws the spirit all around and tries to make the members get serious, Sayaka makes sure the members don't slack off and worries and does it her best in nature( even if she goes too far sometimes) Team KII Takayanagi Akane never really seemed like she was a good choice for captain, but now that she has the title she tries to be reliable, serious and puts the team first in times of need.
    When i see what it means to be captain i realize very few girls have the qualities to be one and you're right her (back to Minegishi) physical fears or negativity might not have anything to her deciding qualities as captain, but if i had to look back and wonder which members ever say Minegishi is the one to hold qualities like reliance or leadership or even spirit, i only seem to remember seeing footage or reading facts that that show she doesn't have it.

3. flagator21

flagator21 Member

^
    You don't give her enough credit, imo. I could point out multiple instances where she does exhibit the qualities you say she lacks. :hmm:

4. yic17

yic17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    ^
    ^

I think the main reason we have a problem agreeing with each other is because we have different definition to what's a "good captain". if we use your criteria (reliance, leadership, and spirit), then I will agree that Miichan is probably not going to be a good captain. (though I don't think she lacks spirit)

now, maybe I don't know exactly what a "captain" means in AKB48 - I do know about Takamina always making sure everyone gets along, making sure new members feel at home, keep everyone motivated, and so on. but I don't know what "officially" AKB48's team captains do. so I just based on my own definition of what's a "good captain". and seeing how each team's captain matches a team's style/feel - I just assumed that a team captain has the ability to influence the style of the team.

and if that is the case, then I think a captain's "personality" is even more important to "reliance and leadership". because I would rather prefer a team that is based on Miichan's personality (while she may lack reliance and leadership) than on Sayaka's personality (even if Sayaka has better leadership skills and is more reliable). I don't care how reliable Sayaka is if her personality can influence the team's style because I simply don't like this style. does it make sense now?

basically, I think the problem here is that the definition of "captain" was not clearly defined so I naturally used my own definition of what a "captain" means.

5. mieniem

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    If you got specific clips or posts i'll watch and if they are good enough proof i'll take back everything i said.( but they have to be realllllly good)

6. flagator21

flagator21 Member

^
    Well, two instances off the top of my head, both from AKBINGO.

Filling in for a sick/exhausted Takamina for her rakugo challenge shows she's reliable.

Also, going through with her backflip even though she hurt her foot/ankle practicing. Her motivation, not wanting to disappoint the fans. She was quite upset at the thought of having to back out, so she went through with it.

There was also the time where she was comforting Yui just after she was promoted to Team K.. I've seen Miichan all too often doing things for the sake of other members. She is one of the most caring members in that respect. Whether that translates to being a good leader, that can be debatable.. but I'll say it does.

7. BlitzTs

BlitzTs Kenkyuusei

^
    Nice Flaggy. [clap] [hehe]
    For the rakugo, she only had 2-3 day of pratice before the actually event.
    Miichan is reliable and cares about other member alot(sasshi did admit to this in the recent SDK episode)
    I can't say if Miichan will make a good leader or not all i know is that team k's captain will always be Sayaka.

I never get haters(not pointing fingers)
    Why hate someone who doesn't even know your existance? [wonder] [wonder]

8. yic17

yic17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    lol .. that's funny

.. and mean .. lol

9. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Ooops, I hope this thread doesn't become the 'why do/don't you like Miichan' one, because that was not my intention when I posted that. It's just that it's utterly difficult to be objective and fair when talking about someone / something we love / hate (and I'm the first one to be guilty of this, of course). So, even though I think that Miichan would be a wonderful leader, I respect those thinking the opposite...

10. mieniem

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    The same thing could be said about loving someone who doesn't know about your existance.

^ :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

11. reddertar

reddertar Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuirena

And for Acchan haters, she knows their existance :D

12. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    Don't know what's going on here...
    But I personally feel it would be best if an Original K member took leadership of Team K the day sayaka leaves...
    So I don't think it'll be a good choice to have Miichan as captain. She has some qualities but in terms of reliability, charisma, maturity and stage presence...Miichan to me still lacks in that.

Akimoto Sayaka for me is the best captain Team K will ever have...but the day she leaves...
    I think the best person without doubt to replace her is Oshima Yuko. Yuko is one of the original K members and even now...she's almost like Sayaka's assistant when it comes to leading the team and pulling them together. I personally don't think Miichan has that much respect and influence in Team K yet since she's still relatively new to K compared to the rest.

Yuko too is a very well-balanced person...the sort who knows how to be serious when necessary but she also knows how to enjoy herself. She's a lot more mature than she may portray herself to be...you can tell from all her interviews...And she has a very positive energy that can help propel the team forward.

That being said, Team K...both old and new...they are my favourite AKB team...and the day Sayaka leaves, I'll be really really sad. She's such a big part of it...you can tell from their songs and their style of performance...Team K has always been the crazy team...the versatile team...without sayaka, there will be a void for sure...and it'll take time to close the void...but I'm trusting Yuko to pull the team together when that happens. Especially when Sayaka leaves, it'll be vital to have someone strong enough to pull the whole team together. Yuko to me is the best person to do it.

13. sikanwan

sikanwan Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    sikanwan
    This is the reason I didn't come in to defend Miichan during the above discussions.
    Miichan loves her time in Team A too much. I am pretty sure that she still wants to go back to Team A if she has a choice. This is the biggest reason why I don't think she is not a right person to be Team K captain.

14. yic17

yic17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    ^
    ^

just wanna express my opinion again that Miichan might lack reliability and maturity - but I think her charisma and stage presence is really strong. those are the reasons why she caught my attention and liked her. I don't even think she's very attractive. but I really like her energy whenever she's on screen. she always can make me and everyone around laugh.

so charisma-wise, I think she's on the top of Team K only below Yuko (maybe).

I mean I've seen both Sayaka and Miichan trying to get a group of strangers high on TV shows. and Miichan did an amazing job. she made an entire room of people high and go along with her. Sayaka on the other hand, made the place cold with a cold joke. not only that, you could see Sayaka was somewhat nervous but Miichan was just ALL-OUT fearless. so I think Miichan is very strong on both charisma and stage presence. and that's not the only example I've seen. I've seen plenty of Miichan showing her fearlessness and going all-out. I didn't start to like her until she impressed me for like 5-10 times.

15. Zobii

Zobii Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Yes! [bow]

I'm rather glad you said this before I found out what was going on in here...

Anyways, I think than Miichan has more than enough of all the qualities necessary to be a captain of an idol team. I think she'd make a superb leader in whichever area it is.

However, I do not wish the captaincy to befall on her for a few reasons not related to her capacity to perform such role. I do not want her to have the responsibility, strain and the backlash that captains catch because I want her to be able to focus more on herself. Personally, I think she's not getting what she really deserves. However, for any reason that it does happen, I won't complain.

Yes. And if you follow her more closely you will find that she is actually great at taking care of others. Have you seen the one where there Miichan takes care of this young boy for a chunk of the day and the parents of the kid said that she is "mother-like." Or the clip from Aki Matsuri where she comforts a crying Yui and tries to pep her up (as mentioned by flaggy earlier). Or how about when she asked on her blog for people to tell her their problems because she wants to (try to) help?

Actually she is very reliable and is mature beyond her years. Maimai (way back then) said that she's too mature for her age and should act more like her age. Or this talk the old Ogi girls were having before no3b where she displayed such great understanding of idol semiotics to Kojiharu and Cindy's shock (because they knew less). Have you had a look at what her blog entries are like? Her entries can get quite deep with philosophical meaning, especially the titles. This nature of her blog entries has been commented on a few shows and such, like the ones during the moshidora promotion. Or the maturity of how she handled this year's senbatsu speech. Good reliability example from flaggy again above. ;)

Just keep watching ;)

16. Yuki88

Yuki88 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    KuroiYuki88
    The day the showa (born before feb 89: Sayaka/Yuko/Umechan) girls are graduated, I wonder who is capable to lead team K. I'll pick Sae. :awesome:

17. mieniem

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    Problem is, i've seen her bad side far too often to notice her good one, shame since Minegishi was actually the original reason i took an interest of AKB48, but then as i learned more about her through shows, blogs and comments in other members, the original image (funny, caring, mature, thoughtful, lovable) that i had of her eventually began to shatter and now i see her in a different light. Making that even those examples you gave (except the Yui one) remember the other things i noticed about her that eventaully saw her in this light that i dislike about her now. So while you're image of her is still good, mine only takes a deeper look to see what you probably don't notice. So i refused to ever want her as Team K and ruin the whole team for me. BTW while my other posts were all just based on opinion, this one is complete bias.

18. yic17

yic17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    @Zobii

I haven't seen those videos you mentioned yet. I've watched almost all the AKBingo, Shukan, Ariyoshi from November 2010 to February 2011, and then after Feb 2011, I've been catching up on their TV shows starting from Jan 2010 to know more about AKB's 2010 history. I kind of skip around though so I'm not sure if I'll end up seeing those videos you mentioned.

I haven't started reading Miichan's blog posts also. Have only been reading my top 3's Acchan, Akicha, and Harugon - and some Sasshii's - she's really funny [hehe]. But sure, I'll start reading some of Miichan's when I have the time.

And yeah, I'm looking forward to see more of Miichan for sure [party]

19. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    Yeahh I would pick Sae too...But I think Yuko could potentially stay longer than most of them...LOL.
    If Masuda Yuka was still in Team K, I would actually pick her over Sae...but she's not in K anymore so :3

*btw didn't mean to be double post...accident =X I'm trying to combine this one with the one below...but I can't seem to figure out how to delete posts anymore. HELP?! xD*

20. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    I'm gonna be completely honest with you and say I do not agree about her charisma and stage presence. I mean half the time I don't even realise she's in Team K when she's performing together with Team K O.O
    Of the Team A members who shifted to Team K, I personally think Itano Tomomi has a stronger stage presence compared to her. Is this a biased statement from me? Well I don't think so. I don't have anything against Miichan...I used to but not anymore...I just don't really feel her in K. Like @sikanwan said earlier, Miichan loves her time in Team A way too much. I also prefer seeing her with No3B to be honest.

OH poor sayaka you're hitting out on her just cause of ONE occasion. Anyway either way, I don't think you should be comparing sayaka and miichan. it's just weird...Sayaka has her own set of good qualities, she's really the best captain Team K could ever have...look at how close old K was...and even new K...she's pulling them together pretty darn well...Team K especially old Team K always stood out to me because of how close they were...the friendship they had. I don't know but it's clear to me you're not big on Team K as a whole...cause I believe anyone who loves Team K especially the original one would definitely want to keep Sayaka as captain. She has done so much for K: her blood, her sweat, her tears. In my personal opinion, like how it was said that Takahashi Minami is AKB48. Akimoto Sayaka is Team K. There'll be a huge void for sure when she eventually leaves. that is for sureee.

Of course sayaka is my oshi...I may be biased for her...that's true...

But think about it...if we had Miichan replacing Sayaka as Team K captain when she eventually leaves, how would the original K members feel about it? It's just not practical.