The 2013 Stage48 Member Ranking Results

Discussion in 'Forum Events' started by ithebigc, Mar 17, 2014.

1. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    Re: The 2013 Stage48 Member Ranking Results (Ranks 11-25!)

Absolutely, we agreed to disagree here. While you enjoy your life as a Paruru fan in the paruru thread, i enjoy talking about Haruppi, Mio, and Mayu, and listen to why people think Mayu can win this sousenkyo without being tagged as hater. Because i don't think she can.

Give me the questions you think i haven't answered because i strongly believe i have answered to it all. About your last question, it is obvious i will hang out with Haruppi fans. I'm going to HKT SSA concert with people who share the same joy to watch HKT48 performance.

But the great difference between you and me is that i can't stand people freely badmouthing and insult for little/no reason, just for fun. (that is greatly different to the verb "criticize"). To me, little joke are not free of charge, at least in Stage48. While you choose to ignore the haters because you are insensitive of their attitude, i'm not.

In japan, it is called "Ijime". Someone who's being bullied by a group. No reason. No explanation. When asked why they do that, they don't answer or they say "it is just a joke", minimizing their responsabilities and not realizing the consequence. This is childish.

You can either ignore people who mock behind people's back, or you do stand, without of course falling in the same game as theirs, which is empty/arbitrary exchange of invective. What it is sad about it, is that even though you ask them to stop being childish, they don't because they don't respect you. But when someone is highly respected thanks to his influence on the fandom, they do stop.

what's important is not the judgement of others. It must come from your inner-self. You have to question yourself if what you said is relevant or not. To put some weight on what you're saying, and to risk of repeating myself, to be responsible of your speech. Don't be surprised that people don't take you seriously if everything you say consist of "Kyaah my oshimen is so cute you're wrong to dislike her" "My oshimen is victim of betrayal by management you guys can't understand".

You are absolutely in the right to say so, but you will be assimilated as a mere fanboy. And if i have to choose between an annoying fanboy and an experimented fan who lived HS reports, theater performance and Dome concert, i rather listen to the second one.

2. Sakura

Sakura Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    Twitter:
    SakuraMurashige

Yes because you know how back in the day there was never any member vs member like Maeda vs Oshima or anything, oh wait...
    You don't think there was member vs member back then? You don't think there were people talking bad about Acchan on internet boards like 2ch back then?
    Nothing has changed. There are more fans now, which naturally results in more vocal opinionated people. It's the same with anything that gets popular. It has nothing to do with young people, give me a break.

3. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama

You have a point here. I think People who voted for Yuko to take down Acchan instead of supporting their Oshi is unbelievably stupid. And if they feel good about it, then i'm sorry for their oshimen. I dare those people to say to Yuko in handshake that they voted for her because they want to take down Acchan.

Yes, that's what i'm saying. It's an insult for those who take time to write why they don't like or criticize a member with relevant argument to be compared to those who claim not liking a member because f*ck you that's why.

Or we can just stop this downvote system since it doesn't bring anything reliable and valuable to people who actually care for their oshimen. After all, the sousenkyo doesn't have this downvote system. If the downvote doesn't mean anything, because it is not explained, then i question his existence.

4. Sakura

Sakura Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    Twitter:
    SakuraMurashige

I don't really have an opinion either way on whether the downvote system should exist. If it does, then I'll use it, if it doesn't, then I won't cry. And you are right. The sousenkyo doesn't have a downvote system. But this isn't the sousenkyo so how is that related (;☉_☉)
    We have another poll in the future where the mods or whoever conduct a ranking of how many votes people gave to girls in the election (they did last year at least). So if you want a Stage48 ranking without downvotes, then there is that.
    It's fine if you want to make a post saying something like "Hey, any body who downvoted Haruppi care to explain why? I'm curious." all I'm saying is don't be upset if nobody replies (heck there is no guarantee those people are even reading the thread anyway).

5. drazaar

drazaar Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nagaomariya

The downvotes just add another aspect that doesn't have to be hateful. Maybe some Sakura fans really want her to be the #1 HKT so they give haruppi and sasshi downvotes even though they are HKT fans in general. Or they don't really know who to put for their 15-20 ranks so they just dump points in a bunch of girls from their favorite team or whatever. There can be simple and complex reasons for both kinds of voting and since this ranking doesn't actually affect the girls in real life I don't see the negatives as that big a deal.

For this past one I had:
    Akimoto Sayaka (+10), Kitahara Rie (+9), Matsui Jurina (+6). [party]
    I think I have...3 left!

6. SakuWan

SakuWan Kenkyuusei

@gocchisama

If you forced people to state why they downvote certain member, you may get an untruthful answer from them instead.
    Like in experiment, if an interviewer is a man and ask women "do you support abortion?" more than half will answer "NO" becuz they are being pressure the presence of the man. Therefore, they aren't able to answer truthfully.
    Same here, most of us doesn't want to appear as an asshole by given a "reason" that may not that justify in "others" people eyes. Therefore, I think most of them rather give up the "negative point" to appear not as an asshole if they were forced to state their reasons infront of other members. Actually, an anonymous votes are more "correct" than you expect becuz they didn't feel the oblige to explain, so they are comfortable to vote truthfully without any judgment or feeling pressure from outside force :)

7. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui

People take the "Negative Voting" the wrong way I think - it's more like the Golden Razzberries (The Anti-Academy Awards). Like voting for the "Worst Movie or Song of the Year" - Sometimes it's comforting to know others 'feel your pain'.

Lengthy diatribe about how one could be a HATER & not even know it

Another case for the Negative voter could be that you don't like "what they represent as an Idol" and it annoys you that it somehow "popular" and that it might lead to imitators - so you try to crush the "Patient Zero" before it spreads. THIS was largely the case for 'Some Haters' a year ago with Paruru. ALL the sudden the girl they never really thought had anything "Going on" suddenly became a Princess and people were making comparisons to Acchan (who just left). They were furious that a girl who was a "ponketsu" suddenly got a 'free pass' and many Otaku types (like on 2chan) glorified her ascent simply for being "Cute" or "Tsundere". These Haters weren't going to let "Their AKB" be centered by a Salty snow-queen who didnt bleed for AKB the way Acchan did - They did what they could to persuade fans (especially NEW ones) that she was Undeserving, a Fad, Out of her League, AKI-P's pet?, Just a pretty face, Move Along- nothing of Value here- ect... These people were VERY Frustrated - they needed to express themselves YET, they were bound by their own P.C. Rules of "thou shall not criticize!" - lol.

I know what it's like to BE Hated & Disliked for my Tastes & Favorites and I know what it's like to Intensely Dislike Others for theirs - I can have empathy & respect if know why someone hates something. I also think it's a very good challenge to learn how to criticize or vent one's dislikes in a way that is not Vengeful or Down-Right Nasty. Trust me, I'm so much worse on other forums about other topics because often "Others " are.

I REALLY want to reveal my other 4 Negatives - but I don't think their fans would understand and it would "cheapen" my positive comments to other Idols & my Oshi's because Ironically people REALLY are that judgemental over 'stupid stuff'. I love hearing the faults (from others) about my Oshi's - it's how I learn how others see her - Now, I know how best to "sell her" to others, Did you know that if you even remotely criticize Obama in some circles in America- you are "Instantly Racist" (or some form of Hater)- No, really the Media, Blogesphere, Twitter - anywhere. Political Correctness & Feelings have taken away people's GOD Given right to be "Critical" about almost anything. Unless it's what the "Group" already Hates & Hollywood says it's OK to hate that - Isn't that SAD?

We all know most people DO NOT like Anchovies on Pizza, We all know MANY people don't like Liver & Lima Beans. Some people absolutely LOATH the mere sound of RAP or Country music. My Family can not stand my love of J-Pop simply because it's NOT in English. We all know that in America "Strawberry" is probably NOT in the top 5 of most popular Ice-Creams. I suspect it's more popular in Japan (is it?) because they make Strawberry EVERYTHING! - Japan has blackbean Soda for Haruhi's Sake! No one did a National Poll - we just learned from people who said I really don't like that crap.

Negative Votes are Important - it helps shape perception and its often more truthful than "nice votes" and why? Because sometimes "The Truth Hurts" - but relax, as they Truth is often Subjective in dealing with Idols.
    By process of Elimination you have 5 Idols that would be your Negative votes - There's NO Shame in that.

I think it would be VERY interesting if the person who organized this RANKING - allowed a "top 10" Negative list and it could be TOTALLY anonymous. You vote! secret ballot - You don't even have to comment - and you don't even have to admit you participated - WHY?? in there interest of "social media" or science or whatever you can do it as research to see how the Inverse stacks up against the Positive votes!

You gotta admit it's interesting that the more Popular an Idol - the more Negatives in some cases right?? You can vote for an Idol cause she needs improvement, hater her clothes, don't like a PUSH, hate her fans, whatever - It reminds me of this thing on Tumblr called "AKB48 Confessions" - it was totally anonymous and it was both beautiful & blunt. I.E. Paruru got glowing ribbons of praise & intense Dislikes but it was GENUINE feelings. It was awesome, I learned a lot about the Fandom & about what people were really unhappy with - AND it was anonymous. Maybe STAGE48 needs a Tumblr?? Call it Stage48 confessions??

8. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919

Next year we'll introduce some changes to the way the member ranking is done. This thread is about the final results for this year's ranking, so please stop getting all into each others' hairs about the technicalities. You'll have to leave it up to us staff to improve the format. There's more issues than just the negative votes and we got about a year to come up with something that works more consistently (that doesn't include giving "legit reasons" or similar), so... look forward to whatever that might be. I already something in mind.

9. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    Re: The 2013 Stage48 Member Ranking Results (Ranks 26-50!)

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/figure+of+speech
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hyperbole

That is a dangerous attitude to take. No matter how perfect we think some of the members are, they are human and so by definition can't be perfect. People learn and grow through constructive criticism, idols and their fans alike. Some people have perfectly legitimate reasons for disliking a girl that we as her supporters can learn from. You can safely ignore all the people that hate Meru just because of her push, but I don't think it's wise to completely shut out all reasons that people dislike her. Conversely, if that person is logical, they may learn something from you explaining why you like Meru, so it's a two way street.

I think what gocchisama said here is quite true.
    I've said it many times already so I'm sorry for repeating myself, but these forum-wide events are meant to draw together everyone for a nice round of discussion, even those people that usually only lurk in their oshimen's thread and I think we've been successful in doing that. If people are ignoring the rest of the forum, that's really their loss and they're taking too limited a view.

Milky's always been a controversial figure. Some people see her as fishing too much, trying too hard to win fans over. I get that, because I used to think that too a long, long time ago (2, 3 years?). But you look a little closer, you hear her stories of how she grew up, her experiences, and you learn that she's just always true to herself, that's how she's learned to live. Hell, she's the same with staff, not just fans so I actually have quite the respect for her. I think more so the fact that 72 people gave her positive votes is a testament to how much people are starting to come to understand her better beneath what one might think is a shallow exterior.

I think you're way overestimating Aanya if rank 18 isn't high enough for you :D

IF (that's an if) we do, I'll just let people know right now it won't involve me judging people's reasons for negatives in any way. Besides the obvious fact there's not really any impartial way to do that, this year already took me a stupidly long time to count even if part of the reason is because I'm in Japan this year (won't be next year). Imagine if I had to take time to go PM people, "Nope, your reason is not legitimate, sorry, please give me a better reason." Assuming the number of people participating increases and so do the votes, I don't want to get these results out any later than they already are. That would also be impractical because based simply on the virtue that people will have to do more work to give negatives, they just won't do it even if they really do have a reason for disliking the girl. So no, that idea's definitely out.

Anyways, top 10 incoming now.

10. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    Re: The 2013 Stage48 Member Ranking Results (Ranks 26-50!)

Of course were' not, so no worries. Next year we'll do it much, much more simple. [cool]

11. Dante

Dante Member

Twitter:
    CurlyUdon

Thanks for showing those figures rka! :)

Wow. Ikuchan is just second to Sae in having most points per vote (at least 20 votes). That gives an impression that she has fewer but more solid fans compared to others. I'm happily content with that. :awesome:

12. Rana

Rana Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka

03. Shiraishi Mai (+9) (35)
    04.Kato Rena (+8) (37)
    05.Watanabe Miyuki (+7)
    06. Murashige Anna (+6)
    07. Furuhata Nao (+5) (47)
    08. Kitagawa Ryoha (+5) (77)
    09. Matsumura Sayuri (+4) (59)
    10. Hashimoto Nanami(+4) (128)
    12. Iriyama Anna (+3) (80)
    13.Kizaki Yuria (+3) (44)
    14.Tashima Meru (+3) (38)
    15. Yagami Kumi (+2) (55)
    16.Suda Akari (+2) (50)
    17. Hata Sawako (+2) (180)
    18. Ogiso Shiori (+1) (290)
    19. Takada Shiori (+1) (260)
    20. Isohara Kyoka (+1) (247)

Anya has many fan here [hehe] I like that Russian monkey so much [hehe] let's rank ssk this year

I like Milky, even she has scandal or not, I still like her , she's top 3 of 48group ( I let Renacchi more point because she less fan than Milky) I like Milky's personal, her character and think she not doing wrong

so Sakura tan still not appear? [hehe]

13. natlove

natlove Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyazawasae

01. Miyazawa Sae (+15)
    02. Shinoda Mariko(+10)
    03. Akimoto Sayaka (+9)
    04. Shimada Haruka (+8)
    05. *** (+7)
    06. *** (+6)
    07. Sato Amina (+5)
    08. Umeda Ayaka (+5)
    09. Suzuki Mariya (+4)
    10. Sato Sumire (+4)
    11. Ayaka Kikuchi (+4)
    12. Abe Maria (+3)
    13. Kuramochi Asuka(+3)
    14. Kitagawa Ryoha (+3)
    15. *** (+2)
    16. *** (+2)
    17. Kasai Tomomi (+2)
    18. *** (+1)
    19. Kato Rena (+1)
    20. Komori Mika (+1)
    TBH I would have given the votes differently now.

Negative Votes
    01. *** (-5)
    02. Sashihara Rino (-4)
    03. Tashima Meru (-3)
    04. Matsui Jurina (-2)
    05. *** (-1)
    I've decided to put out my negative votes with a little guts.

14. Jester48

Jester48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamauchisuzuran
    Twitter:
    UnknownJester_
    Re: The 2013 Stage48 Member Ranking Results (Top 10 Revealed

top 3 was expected and boring as hell. least 20 - 327 was interesting to see.

Nice to see prr get to 6th though.

15. ithebigc

Twitter:
    ithebigc

Welp, that concludes our 2013 Stage48 Member Ranking. The final top 10 has been revealed with 4 new members entering our top 10 this year and what a splendid 4 they are. And LOOK at those point values! :D They completely dwarf everyone revealed during the previous tiers, showing just exactly how popular these top 10 are. Hell, 1st place has more than twice the points of 10th place :rofl: Well, I'm going to avoid commenting on the actual results in this post in case anyone is using this post as a notification to know that I've updated the OP to avoid spoilers, but I'll have my full impression of this year's ranking and how it matched up to my own personal ranking later. I'll also be finishing up the teams post and then adding to the Interesting Notes post in the 3rd post of this thread now that all the results have been finally revealed.

Thanks to everyone once again for participating this year. [clap] I hope you had fun because I sure did, will continue having fun with the discussion (please do comment on some of the members in your ranking if you haven't already) and then join us once again for 2014's ranking! Since Yuko will be graduating, 2014 will be the biggest change to AKB48 since Acchan graduated in 2012 and I look forward to how our rankings will look then :) For now though, make these results a reality and vote for your oshimen in this year's sousenkyo!

16. Pixie

Pixie Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami

So happy Takamina came first for the 4th time in a row! :D

My full ranking:

01. Takahashi Minami (+15) (1) [party] [clap] [party]
    02. Oshima Yuko (+10) (2)
    03. Minegishi Minami (+9) (17)
    04. Kojima Mako (+8) (26)
    05. Mukaichi Mion (+7) (71)
    06. Nishino Miki (+6) (33)
    07. Yamamoto Sayaka (+5) (5)
    08. Matsui Jurina (+5) (20)
    09. Shimazaki Haruka (+4) (6)
    10. Watanabe Mayu (+4) (3)
    11. Komiyama Haruka (+4) (68)
    12. Hirata Rina (+3) (28)
    13. Okada Nana (+3) (23)
    14. Aigasa Moe (+3) (39)
    15. Watanabe Miyuki (+2) (12)
    16. Takahashi Juri (+2) (40)
    17. Yokoyama Yui (+2) (4)
    18. Miyawaki Sakura (+1) (9)
    19. Iwatate Saho (+1) (67)
    20. Owada Nana (+1) (30)

17. Dante

Dante Member

Twitter:
    CurlyUdon

Now that everything is revealed, it's time to reveal my top 20:
    01. Ikuta Erika (+15) (22)
    02. Suga Nanako (+10) (109)
    03. Iriyama Anna (+9) (80)
    04. Yamamoto Sayaka (+8) (5)
    05. Matsumura Sayuri (+7) (59)
    06. Furuhata Nao (+6) (47)
    07. Yabushita Shu (+5) (90)
    08. Akimoto Manatsu (+5) (169)
    09. Nishino Nanase (+4) (69)
    10. Kimoto Kanon (+4) (91)
    11. Kizaki Yuria (+4) (44)
    12. Yamada Nana (+3) (42)
    13. Wakatabe Haruka (+3) (87)
    14. Kodama Haruka (+3) (13)
    15. Kojima Mako (+2) (26)
    16. Jonishi Kei (+2) (104)
    17. Nakamoto Himeka (+2) (236)
    18. Miyawaki Sakura (+1) (9)
    19. Anai Chihiro (+1) (25)
    20. Maeda Ami (+1) (40)

I didn't use any of my negative votes. Didn't have a reason to use them tbh. :^^;:

And damn, it's kinda impossible to move the top 3. :XD: But I'm really happy with Sayanee! She moved up from top 15 to top 5! :awesome:

EDIT: LOL I've just noticed how diverse my top 20 is. Maybe the result of trying hard in following every group. :XD:

18. pinkfluffballs

pinkfluffballs Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    watanabe mayu
    Twitter:
    belletagy

glad for takamina!! well the top 3 are the same as last year so no surprises, hahaha. And yay sakura!! [party]

and well my rankings would be totally different now, at least for #4 and below.

01. Watanabe Mayu (+15) - #3
    02. Okada Nana(+10) - #23
    03. Kato Rena (+9) - #37
    04. Tashima Meru (+8) - #38
    05. Kashiwagi Yuki (+7) - #7
    06. Owada Nana (+6) - #30
    07. Oshima Yuko (+5) - #2
    08. Miyawaki Sakura (+5) - #9
    09. Iwatate Saho (+4) - #67
    10. Takahashi Minami (+4) - #1
    11. Kawaei Rina (+4) - #11
    12. Umeda Ayaka (+3) - #44
    13. Omori Miyu (+3) - #61
    14. Mukaichi Mion (+3) - #71
    15. Yabuki Nako (+2) - #91
    16. Nishino Miki (+2) - #33
    17. Aigasa Moe (+2) - #39
    18. Shimono Yuki (+1) - #137
    19. Murayama Yuiri (+1) - #97
    20. Shinozaki Ayana (+1) - #120

19. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

1. Mayu Watanabe (AKB48 Team A) (+15)
    2. Minami Minegishi (AKB48 Team 4) (+10)
    3. Erika Ikuta (Nogizaka46) (+9)
    4. Yuko Oshima (AKB48 Team K) (+8)
    5. Minami Takahashi (AKB48 Team A) (+7)
    6. Miyuki Watanabe (AKB48 Team B/NMB48 Team N) (+6)
    7. Rena Matsui (SKE48 Team E) (+5)
    8. Haruka Shimazaki (AKB48 Team B) (+5)
    9. Yuki Kashiwagi (AKB48 Team B) (+4)
    10. Kojima Mako (AKB48 Team 4) (+4)
    11. Nana Okada (AKB48 Team 4) (+4)
    12. Haruna Kojima (AKB48 Team B) (+3)
    13. Jurina Matsui (AKB48 Team K/SKE48 Team S) (+3)
    14. Ayaka Umeda (AKB48 Team B) (+3)
    15. Yui Yokoyama (AKB48 Team A) (+2)
    16. Sayaka Yamamoto (NMB48 Team N) (+2)
    17. Aika Ota (HKT48 Team KIV) (+2)
    18. Melody Nurramdhani Laksani (JKT48 Team J) (+1)
    19. Rina Hirata (AKB48 Team K) (+1)
    20. Nana Owada (AKB48 Kenkyuusei) (+1)

My Final Rankings.

Congrats to Takamina [party] [party] [party]. 4 years in a row. Let's see if she can make it 5 next year.

I was planning to do negative votes. But just decided not too, didn't feel right to do that.

Just still in amazement of how close 10-4 were, then the top 3 came and they weren't even close to 10-4 (or each other for that matter lol)

20. ithebigc

Twitter:
    ithebigc

Haha, seriously! 1 more oshimen vote from somebody could've put Sayanee over Yui for 4th place, but for 1st place, Takamina's all like, "Nope, I'm the soukantoku, screw you all," and just steamrolls everyone. I'm surprised people weren't more strategic with their votes for Takamina actually. Each year, for 4 years in a row now, she wins by such a large margin that a lot of people could've given more points to other members to help them where they needed it and lowered Takamina in their own ranking and she would've still won comfortably.