TV / Radio Tofu Pro Wrestling (2017/01/21 - 2017/07/01)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Bonner

Bonner Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
  2. Berii

Berii Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Omori Maho
    To be honest, I don't think that Sakura posing with the WIP belt means she crowned as the champion in the final. What if is part of a dream sequence? Or just a random picture? Same with her match against Hollywood, so I'm going to be open to be surprised in the end (which I hope it happens).

Episode 14

• The fights are keeping in a good pace! This has to be one of my favorite episodes so far (besides the one from last week which is imo the best overall).
    • Suda's backstory and love for her fans is very touching, I admit I shed a few tears when she apologized/fans right away expressed their support.
    • Yuria's dynamic with Nao is very good, they both have great chemistry together and their acting flows smoothly.
    • Long Speech's victory...I was definitely not expecting that lol. Her husband is very funny too!
    • LAST WEEK'S PREVIEW! And SKE seems to be delivering most of the best fights! And we have more backstory for Furuhata and Takayanagi <3

Also, it would be great to encourage people to pick this up to sub it! It's the best dorama AKB48 has done for a while: the acting is solid (for idol standards), the story while not the most original, flows with a great pace and it has likeable characters (even having some of those that 'you-love-to-hate' - ex. Shiroma, which is always awesome).

Besides, despite of Yuria's and Haruu's upcoming graduations, it's a good way to introduce others to some members, I mean...if it weren't for the first season of Majisuka Gakuen back in 2010, not sure if I'd be in the fandom.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  3. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Gotta say, I like that we get these episodes that featured the others girls. Dasus's backstory was awesome to see. The love for her fans was awesome and it was nice to see them still supporting her after her loss.

This was also Yuria trying to get over her fear of Dasu (with help from Nao) and the tape over the lips is one way of helping lol. Did enjoy the scenes with Nao and Yuria (they got good chemistry).

lmao loved that ending (Yuihan winning in :10 after KOing Noepii with a Superkick). Figured with them starting Yuihan vs. Noepii and Dasu vs. Yuria at the same time that we were going to have something like that (Yuihan giving a Long Speech) and gotta lol at the fact that Sakura was able to support both of her friends (Yuria and Yuihan) without missing anything.

Next Weeks Episode features the final two First Round matches (With Nao vs. Churi being the main story). Will be intresting to see how they do the Katomina vs. Yumoto match (at least we know Katomina will last longer then 10 seconds lol).

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2017
  4. delta29

delta29 Kenkyuusei

earth,solar system,milky way galaxy,Universe
    Oshimen:
    Yamazaki Rena
    looking forward to this one the most, expecting great thing with their acrobatic skill.

5. Berii

Oshimen:
    Omori Maho
    I hope Baton vs Komanechi takes a decent amount of screen time and isn't completely rushed. Both girls have the potential to deliver an amazing show.

6. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

The fight between Yuria and Dasu was nice. Their backstory was also good, especially for Dasu. Yui x Noeppi... well, that was unexpected :^^;: Now I wonder how the fight with Nakai Rika would look like :p

7. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

8. JeijeiFin

JeijeiFin Kenkyuusei

IMO the best episode so far and Yunbo vs. Kaotan match was epic! Kouji Genba Alliance ftw!!

To be honest the first Kizaki vs. Suda match on ep09 worked better for me. The background story was kind of nice, but in the end Kizaki won far too easily - in the ep13 match both Yunbo and Kaoton took a lot of big hits and still refused to lose. Now Kizaki got two kicks in and then 1, 2, 3 - wtf? If Kizaki had delivered at least few more kicks before the finishing kick, it probably would have looked less silly.

In the ep15 the focus seems to be on Churi vs Nao match and their background. I wish they will properly show Yumoto vs. Katomina match as well and not just short clips of it. Like somebody said, those two have a lot of potential for performing some nice new moves for us!

9. patapataful

patapataful Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    patapataful
    LoL at longspeech Yui[hehe][hehe][hehe]

10. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
  11. spineyrequiem

spineyrequiem Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    We have a sub group! We're just kinda slow. Episode 8 should be going up pretty soon (unless it went up while I was away) and episode 9 will arrive at some point after I finish timing it.

Incidentally, we could use more timers and maybe translators as Dobod is pretty busy, contact him if you're able to offer your services.

12. Berii

Oshimen:
    Omori Maho
    @spineyrequiem I didn't know! Do you guys have a site? I found one that has until the 6th episode and been following the rest on RAW (i do understand Japanese but not feeling confident enough to sub myself, sorry for not being able to help!

By the way, Miru's entrance to the ring in episode 13 reminded me to someone but not sure to who...I just remembered! I have a cousin who was so into Stacy years ago.

if the video does not show watch the video here

13. GATX105

GATX105 Member

Longspeech match was quite entertaining and surprising -- good job by the writers. Nice reactions by miyawaki and alligator too lol.
    But the main match was yuria vs. octopus and both deliver. Yuria delivers the most realistic fight scenes not just in this drama but in whenever/whereever she appears.

No complaints about the match. Octopus likely doesn't have as much resilience as others as her main weapon is evasion and yuria is portrayed to have good strength so a few solid hits is all that's needed. The test is if she's able to connect. Surprised that nao vs. churi is the main fight and not yumoto vs. baton but I guess they have to prioritize members of kinshicho dojo.

14. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    • Wow Haruu is amazing
    • I like the design of Octopus's jacket, really nice
    • Lol at Longspeech vs Yamada

15. spineyrequiem

spineyrequiem Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    @Berii http://dzidolworld.org/ is the website, episode 8 just went up. Hopefully the owner's going to stick around, apparently he's been having some issues with hosting costs and some bugger's been nicking his subs.

16. Furukawa_Akane

Furukawa_Akane Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    I wouldn't necessarily say that they are prioritising Kinshicho girls... but considering that Churi's storyline has a lot of drama behind it, I think they're prioritising her storyline for it to progress first.

17. GATX105

GATX105 Member

^
    I think they can also easily do that when it's churi v yui especially since it'll be a rematch, the churi story will play out maybe better?
    Whereas the 2 acrobats will only face off once. But both fights look to be good and maybe churi's story will play out better if she wins the match.

18. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Over the Top (Episode 4)

if the video does not show watch the video here

19. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Battle Royal featuring The Losers of the First Round Matches: Jurina, Mion, Renacchi, Kaotan, Noepii, Dasu +
    Katomina and Nao
    Re-Entering the Tournament maybe?

An Ok Episode (Last Two Episodes were much better though). This pretty much showing Nao is the Nakai of Team Sakura (Kinshicho Dojo). Did think we were going to have a countout (with Churi winning), but glad we didn't. I like that Nao didn't give up even though she shouldn't have done the taunt there lol (when something like that happens, the other people usually reverses the move).

Also nice to see Churi pulling out the Pedigree there :D.

Also was okay with the time Katomina/Yumoto got (I knew it would be 2nd fiddle to Churi and Nao) but I was okay with it as it was somewhat like Noepii/Yuihan last week (Still amazed with what Katomina did).

Ending was pretty intresting, Jurina talking with somebody from WWZ (the WIP head finding out).

Episode 16 looks like a good one with the Battle Royal (I'm guessing to re-enter the Tournament) With the Losers of the First Round Matches. Also looks like everybody is gunning for Jurina.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2017
  20. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu