Will you stay with AKB48 if your favorite member graduates?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by makistar, Aug 6, 2008.

1. heatstone

heatstone Kenkyuusei

For sure I will stay, well actually i m staying. Cuz Maimai was my favourite member. lol :D

2. ChrisjinXIII

ChrisjinXIII Kenkyuusei

Well, my favorite is Acchan and she's very important to the group so I don't really think about it that much but when the day comes that she graduates i'll stay with AKB48 till everyone is gone. I mean, if your favorite leaves, it doesn't technically mean they'll be gone from the face of the planet you just need to committed to whoever you chose to be your favorite ne? So if Acchan were to leave i'd watch her success in the work she'll be in afterwards. =)

3. madcat338

madcat338 Kenkyuusei

Well if Chiyuu leaves i'll stay and wait for some events like consert that might bring her back again :)

4. GenkiKoala

GenkiKoala Kenkyuusei

I think it's the members that make a group, thus i don't pledge loyalty to any groups. For example, in the world of mixed martial arts there is the saying "support the fighters not the organizations".

If the current senbatsu graduates and AKB48 can't recruit awesome/diverse personalities then...

5. Shokora

Shokora Kenkyuusei

Some of us have had our favorite leave and I think they're still interested in AKB.

If you don't live in Japan, or at least know Japanese, I think it's really hard to follow your favorite member after they leave.

Cindy is still one of my favorite members, and now that she is in SDN it's been rather hard for me to see what she is doing. I know she has a radio show, but since I have absoutely no idea what she is saying it's not the same as if she were on AKB +10.

I also like Hitomi Komantani but the only thing I get to follow for her is her blog, which is mostly pretty pictures.

Gussan .... :inlove: *Sigh* .... It's like she fell off the face of the earth and it makes me sad. :cry:

6. xyish

xyish Kenkyuusei

As much as I hate graduations, this is an interesting topic...
    I'm more for certain members than the group as a whole, and still try to follow up on grad members. I could totally see myself going away if the members I really liked were to ALL leave. Though it probably won't happen, I'm into too many of them.

7. Sn1pE013

Sn1pE013 Kenkyuusei

well.. i think... that i will stay with AKB48 even though Acchan(my fave) leaves... there are still members that i like in AKB48... but it still hard to accept seeing your favorite member leave...

8. mizu_youkan

mizu_youkan Kenkyuusei

i always wondered about this. esp with a lot of my fave members born 1990-91, with hard-hitters like acchan, takamina, tomochin, miyazawa sae, yukirin, and others all around the same age, it's going to be hard to follow akb with them gone. i may follow them less closely after my favorites graduate but i'll always support them!

9. yukimine

yukimine Kenkyuusei

I would still follow AKB48. I've always appreciated idol music since many years ago, so I'm aware that the idol life span is really short. At the same time that I would hate to see my favorites go, I believe I would be able to find more favorites and support them. I really like the fact that you can find many passionated girls in AKB48 and this will keep me hooked on them. <3

10. 55Cyanides

55Cyanides Kenkyuusei

Yep, I will always do; it's the least I can do, since their music and many others have brought a great epiphany to my life. They've worked hard to gain recognition from many people all over the world; in a way, that's like asking "If you're favorite family member has gone away, do I still stay with the family?"

Through thick and thin, I will continue to support them until my body disappears. And when that happens, my everlasting spirit will support them. Legit win-win situation if you ask me.

11. GenkiKoala

GenkiKoala Kenkyuusei

As a first time idol fan (i actually don't look at AKB as idols which means i love them but don't worship them) isn't what people have been posting what they have said/thought for other idol groups?

12. boytoy

boytoy Kenkyuusei

what does it mean to graduate?

Has anybody been watching "Majisuka Gakuen"? Are all the memeber in the show or just a few?

13. Naomi

Naomi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

To leave the group to pursue different things, be it continue schooling, working as an actress or some other job in the entainment industry, etc.

This is the wrong thread to discuss Majisuka Gakuen. =P Click here to talk about the show.

14. z3144228

z3144228 Kenkyuusei

NO

There is no reason to stay if my favorite members out.

15. akbglorious

akbglorious Kenkyuusei

Yes - because I like their songs. But, if Sayaka left, I won't be listening to any of AKB48's new songs. :XD:

16. Neostar

Neostar Kenkyuusei

Omg are you serious [wonder] I'd never stop listening/idoling AKB48 if my lovely Yuko left ;) but I'd feel sad that she's not around though :cry:

17. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    Yes, because even if Asuka left i like AKB48 as a whole, although i'll definetly like it much less without her :cry: :cry:

18. Perfume_Lover

Perfume_Lover Kenkyuusei

I will stay, even Tomochin is my favorite I have more favorites members XD
    Mocchi, Yone-chan, Akichan, Sasshi :inlove:

19. strongwindp

strongwindp Kenkyuusei

Not only Yuko, I also have many girls else are my favorite such as Haruna, Yukirin, Mii-chan, Tomochin...and many. So I will stay with AKB48 for sure

20. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

Well, I've been thinking this over and over and I think that if the group goes in a direction that I don't like anymore I will stop following them even if my favorites are still members.

That's what happened to me with a previous idol group I followed, my favorite member is still there, but I don't like their music as much anymore, so I don't really follow them aside than casual listening.

If Yuko graduated I think I'd still stick with AKB, because I have many many favorites, and also, because I really like AKB's songs, which are the main reason why I like the group anyway.