Will you stay with AKB48 if your favorite member graduates?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by makistar, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Naomi

Naomi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Looking back, I'm not sure if I feel the same anymore... Going by what happened with my Morning Musume fandom (when Yossie left the group, I had no more interest), I probably wouldn't stick with AKB, but I think I'm a fan of the group as a whole just as much as I am of my favorite girls, mainly Natsumi and Yuko. If those two left, I'd still continue to support them and the group. HOWEVER, if Sayaka, Moeno, Sae, Takamina, Yuki, Kohara, Sasshi, Nonti, and Natsuki all graduate as well, then my AKB fandom is over. XD

2. maxaroni

maxaroni Kenkyuusei

Whenever I first got into AKB48, all of my favourite members graduated.

It started with Hiichan, then Matsuyuki and Gussan, and then MaiMai xD Hopefully Nacchan, Tanamin and Kana won't leave D:

3. yobanaide

yobanaide Kenkyuusei

Well,I'm truly loyal to harunyan,oku-chan & erepyon,If any of them left,i would be extremely devastated & I would leave along with them.

4. Chivor

Chivor Kenkyuusei

Depending on the situation, no.

5. dracomalfoy

dracomalfoy Member

To be honest, I dont have any favorite member anymore. I realise that God create lots of beautiful girls to stalk. Go as you please. And thank you for all wonderful memories you give me.

Boys dont cry.

6. Shokora

Shokora Kenkyuusei

As long as they have good music and lyrics I'll still be a fan. Gussan has left Team B and as much as I like her, I haven't stopped liking them. I know one day Cindy will leave too, and I'll be heart broken because it'll be harder to see her being herself. (Acting on tv isn't the same as seeing the things she does and says.) But there's still other girls to watch and support.

and if Nakayan leaves, it just means she doesn't have to follow the no boyfriend policy anymore :lol:

... I'm sure it's been brought up a few times, but I'm really curious to know what would happen to AKB if Acchan left.

7. ecwx

ecwx Kenkyuusei

http://blog.oricon.co.jp/watarirouka/category_4/
    ahahahaha my favorit girl already left AKB48 :) so now I can answer the question from a different perspective.

So basically, yeah, After Kaorin left my fandom of AKB48 dropped to a *normal* person fandom level. Their songs are still on the top of my playlist, but I have no more burning desire to go to Tokyo just to watch them perform. I don't have the urge to buy every single they release anymore. No more checking AKB48 site and FC site every half an hour. No more refreshing stage48 every 10 minutes. In fact I haven't even watched K5 LOD.

I still send gifts though, just to a different address :) *cough*toyota office*cough* :)

I still have some girls that I like in AKB48, nacchan, moeno, harugon, naruru, takamina-acchan, miichan, mariko, and practically all of Team K girls, even some of the kenkyuusei girls.... but I don't have the urge to go crazy for them anymore :) I don't even have the urge to change oshi :) It's much too tiring :)

I chose to stick with Kaoru, and I'll still support her undefinitely. I love and thank AKB48 for making it possible for me to know her, and to meet her.

Surprisingly, though, the main reason I still stay with AKB48 is the other fans, an the staff members... the fans (here on stage48, on Indonesian forum and in Japan) and the staff members are very nice that it has became like a family to me :) and it's the main reason I don't want to leave AKB48 just yet.

8. champloo26

champloo26 Kenkyuusei

of course i will stay with akb just hope that acchan and kojiharu dont graduate soon!!

9. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    To be honest, I don't know. I have a whole list of top 10 members after Mayuyu. Acchan, Harunyan, Miichan, Tomo~mi, Yuko, Tsukkina, Akicha, Jurina, Myao, and Erepyon (yes, I realize there's two SKE48 in there). But so much of my fandom revolves around Mayuyu. What, Mayuyu is in some random TV show I won't even understand and is boring? Ok, download anyways. I'm always looking for her in the background - when girls are singing in Shibuya AX 2009, I was always on the lookout for Mayuyu sitting in the back. Hey, look, there she is! Also the only girl in the world I would buy her photos for hundreds of dollars :lol:

If she graduated, my fandom for AKB48 would probably take a huge blow. I mean, things she's not in already don't interest me as much. Even though Harunyan and Miichan (#3 and #4 favorite, respectively) are in no3b, I haven't bought their singles. My interest in Watarirouka Hashiritai would probably be nonexistent without Mayuyu. So with her gone, probably the only thing I'd do is sign on stage48 once in a while, listen to the songs. Because for all the pretty girls, AKB48 has equally awesome songs. It was their music that attracted me in the first place after all, not Mayuyu. I didn't even discover her until a few months after discovering AKB48.

I HOPE I would be able to keep my fandom. I mean, I've bought singles that Mayuyu wasn't in, Sakura no Hanabiratachi. And my favorite team is Team B, because of how close they are and how they work as a team to perform some of the best stages. Besides Mayuyu, there's not a single Team B member in my top 10, but I still think their stages and team overall are the best.

But only time will tell, I guess. Please don't graduate, Mayuyu :( One of the great things about being in AKB48 is that we can track members and what they're doing, so if she graduates - where do I get the info? Unless she makes it big...

10. Freaky

Freaky Kenkyuusei

im just hoping erepyon and acchan doesn't leave in the next 3 years cuz im gona go see them or i'll be in tatters XD

11. Perfume_Lover

Perfume_Lover Kenkyuusei

I hope Tomochin don't graduate soon T_T
    but I support other members like Aki Takajyo or Yukirin

12. Jin

Jin Kenkyuusei

I think Ill stay cuz I dont have a fav member yet,they all pretty cute and worth watching.

13. mitsubachi

mitsubachi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Isogai Kanon
    Of course I will! I have many favorite members in AKB, so all of AKB must graduate at once to make me not to stay with them =)

14. Kira

Kira Kenkyuusei

Maybe if natsumi and kojiahru graduate i'll try to focus to team B even i don't want that happen :wall: :fp:

15. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

I think I'd stay with AKB. 2 of my top favorite members, Mai and Hana, have already graduated, and even though I admittedly don't really care about Team A much, I still follow them and try to support them...

16. tokaikko

tokaikko Kenkyuusei

I think a good indication of whether I would stay is how I follow Team K. My top two are on the other two teams, and Team K has usually been my least favourite team overall, but I still watch their stages and listen to their songs. Of course, then I remember all of the Team K girls I like, and I wonder why I ever forgot about Team K to begin with.

Anyway, at the end of the day, not all of my AKB fandom time is spent on Nacchan and Myao - I pay attention to and get excited over everyone in the stages and concerts - so I'd probably stick around. I do imagine that it will feel a bit weird once my favourites are gone, though.

And I did have a good year of listening to AKB's singles before getting to know that many of the members or really finding a favourite, so I know I'd keep listening to their music. Even if I get fed up tomorrow thanks to another mass kenkyuusei firing and stop following everything so much, I'll still listen to their songs. (And follow my favourites, of course.)

17. sasami

sasami Kenkyuusei

yes, I love their shows and other girls are lovely

18. strongwindp

strongwindp Kenkyuusei

My favorite is Yuko, i really really love her.If she graduated, I wouldn't eat anythings in 3 days , it will be a big hurt for me.But, there're still many girls of AKB48 whom i like so much.Such as: Haruna, Takamina, Acchan, Tomochin, Mayuyu, Yukirin, Kasai, Erena...You see, so many, so there's no reason to leave AKB48.
    And about Yuko, I will miss her.

19. berlaberla

berlaberla Kenkyuusei

I think it'll leave an impact but not a big one, since now there're many girls who's going to catch up with her soon..( i guess?) i'll name a few, like kojiharu and jurina. i think akimoto is trying to push them harder just in case acchan graduates.

for me, i dont really bother about acchan.

if takamina leaves, then i guess my akb fandom is over, even though i have a few favourites but it's like 90% goes to takamina.

20. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    I think that she understands that when she leaves, SOMEONE will have to take her place. Right now, Haruna is really close to her in terms of popularity, and she'll probably take over the front girl position, as well as what I would consider to be the main vocalist AKB48 singles position.

Another theory of mine would be that they leave Haruna where she is, but just push one of the other Acchans in AKB48 - Erena, Mayuyu, Fujie. None of them are nearly as popular, but they can't really gain much more popularity until their pushed to Acchan-level.

I feel like there's definitely a plan, and I don't think that it will have to begin for a little while.