Will you stay with AKB48 if your favorite member graduates?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by makistar, Aug 6, 2008.

1. ecwx

ecwx Kenkyuusei

http://blog.oricon.co.jp/watarirouka/category_4/
    you know, there's something different about AKB48.

Usualy I take a position like aigon's. I always like japanese musics, there's some distinct ring on them

Before this, my fave jap singer was Hamasaki Ayumi, and ofcourse I still lovev her songs.

But I don't really care about Ayu's daily activities, PBs, calendars, whatever... just her musics.

But oin the case of AKB48, it was acchan that caught my attention first, after that the music, after that the other girls, and only afterward that I realized how strong their stage performaces are, especially team K's.

I don't know if it is side effect or intentionaly designed, but my fandom of AKB48, strangely, is not in the musical/performance level, but in personal level. When other performer performs badly, I don't feel bad for them, just like "Okay, this performance is bad, next time would be better", but if some girl from AKB48 that I care perform badly, my thought is like "Oh [insert name here], why did you perform poorly, I know you can do better than that, is there any problem?" or " Oh how cute, [insert name here] knows that this song was not for her, but look how hard she tried :)". With AKB48, it's almost like I care about my fave girls' feeling.
    Today my fandom on AKB48 is spread to some girls, if one of them leave, maybe I can still care for the rest, but if all of my fave girls leaves, what's left is just the music. I know their music is good, but honestly, there are many jap performer that match and exceed the quality of their music (miss hamasaki comes to mind :)).

So the bottom line is, if I remove the personal caring feeling for my fave girls from my fandom of AKB48 equation, I think I would still be playing miss Hamasaki's song everyday instead of AKB48.

get my point ? My english is not very good, so I fear my point is lost somewhere among my babblings :D.

2. Lariemeeva

Lariemeeva Kenkyuusei

Yea , I, too, don't care much about Photobooks or Calenders, although sometimes, I can't resist. :hehe:

3. Adam Sensei

Adam Sensei Kenkyuusei

Hey, I love Hamasaki Ayumi too! I was a bit pissed off that on my last trip to Tokyo, I missed her 10th Anniversary concert by just a couple of weeks. If I had been aware of it earlier, I'd have moved my holiday. :cry:

Anyway, if any of my favourites left, I'd still stick with AKB48. For me, it was the CONCEPT of the group that sucked me in first, and then came my appreciation for the music. I didn't start to like particular girls until much later.

4. hahaxwill

hahaxwill Kenkyuusei

Dead, after being struck in the heart by Chiyuu~
    ^Riffraff... I'm feeling what you are right now. If I had known that the Horipro members Kasai Tomomi, Itano Tomomi, and Oshima Mai would be playing on Saturday... one day after I leave... I would've rescheduled everything. But I'm aware of it too late cause they posted it just yesterday that they would be going... sigh. it sucks don't it? :'[

Anyways, I rethink my opinion on this. If one of my favorite members leave..... it will put a huge hole into the AKB48 group... Each girl has a unique voice and characteristic... if she leaves.. then all the things that were built by the girl while in AKB48 will mostly be gone. All the friends and such will be severed and they will have to rebuild with a new member. I'd say that if an important girl leaves, then AKB48 will go down pretty bad.. In other words.. AKB48 won't be the same. But things have to end or change eventually right? I'm not sure if I'll stay with them, it'll just be harder to find another new favorite xO

5. hanabi

hanabi Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    aiw78346
    Honestly, a part of me highly doubts it.

My interest is already weak, unfortunately, and if my girls like Hana, Miichan and Erena leave - I might leave the fandom as well. Hopefully they don't though, not for a good, long time.

6. hahaxwill

hahaxwill Kenkyuusei

Dead, after being struck in the heart by Chiyuu~
    Yeah, for Miichan and Erena. they have way more years ahead!! Hopefully they spark your interest once again~

7. amcks

amcks Kenkyuusei

most probably yes.
    FYI, i personally have quite a number of fav. girls, though currently is tomochin
    but to be honest, i guess things will change, for example, my "tomochin-fan spirit" has drastically drop down to underground thanks to one of her pic that was filled with make-up-spam (this is only concerning the appearance aspects, not talkin 'bout personality n stuff) to be frank, i say that if one of my fav. members would grad., im still for AKB.

8. lordkyrie

lordkyrie Kenkyuusei

Same here, I may stay for Tomotomo, Myao imoutochan(s), but I'm not sure about that.

AKB without Haruna is.. well, I might gradually lose my interest. I can see that future. My AKB started with Haruna, and it may as well end with her graduation.

Because, to me, Harunyan is more than just an idols, it's awkward and embarrassing to admit but her smile really did save my life, literally, by all meanings of each word. It's for real and again, I mean it by every single word. Even if I can't be with her, I want to repay *the debt* to that smile one day.

Reading Tatami Matssan's strong response about Miichan. I really feel sad and ashamed, really.

@ Wordsmith, dracomalfoy: we really have a problem here, don't we? :twisted: *fufufu*

9. rui

rui Kenkyuusei

It will depend on a lot of things but at this very point of time, yes.

But what are the chances that ALL the girls that I like leave at the same time since I will continue loving the group as long as theres even one of the girl that I like still in the group.

Except, I won't deny that things would be different, passion level would drop, I might not feel as motivated to urge myself to watch their stuff because seeing the same group of people smiling and dancing without your favorite smile amongst the group, can be quite painful.

10. Adam Sensei

Adam Sensei Kenkyuusei

I read your rather lengthy post in the "how you discovered..." thread, and now this. Provided you're not just being emo and getting a little carried away, you might want to talk to somebody about your issues. Confessing on an internet forum will only do so much for you. :confused:

11. lordkyrie

lordkyrie Kenkyuusei

^ I'm taking a japanese course just to write a proper comprehensible fan-letter to her <3 . Working REALLY HARD on it.
    Especially the handwriting, kanji.. I type and scribble all the time, so even my English handwriting is not very legible.
    lol.

Wish I knew her earlier, I missed her 20th birthday. I'm not gonna miss her seijinshiki next Jan.

Man, I'm dying to pay a visit to Japan and enjoy the 'heaven' concerts.
    And, working on it, too.

About the posts, I just want to share. It's been years since I found such an interesting community.
    I don't see myself spending weekends reading forum posts often.
    You guys are all awesome. Especially you veterans who was/is in Japan to see the girl in person, I so envy you.
    Uh oh, gotta sleep now. Or I might get some heavy dark shade around my eyes and look so EMO I'll scare you all away.

12. ahounokotoba

ahounokotoba Kenkyuusei

If Urano gone hmm... I dunno :confused:
    Well more than 80% of my heart belong to her, so may be my world will crumbling once more
    Still there`s Ono, Kasai n Minegishi which own the other 20% of my heart
    The answer is YES I`ll still support them as long as there at least 1 of my fave member still intact
    But if all of them is gone, I dont think I have any reason to continue
    Girls for AKB, no AKB for girls :D

Happy yay!!! :D

13. Datalanche

Datalanche Kenkyuusei

Putting it as nicely as I can, with the level of lame the products have been lately, I'm not really following AKB as a whole even now. There are several members I like and I'm not going to bother putting an artificial 'favorite' title as I like them all the same, but if they were to all leave, then I guess I probably wouldn't. After all, they're just another group I buy CD's and such from, so if no one's left to support... well, there ya go.

14. Kotoha

Kotoha Kenkyuusei

I'd probably would keep up to date with them, especially if their relaese any albums or star in any programs/dramas.

15. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    I think I'm standing by what I had said earlier, but I don't think I could "grab a new favorite." At the time, my second favorite girl was Rina. She was always right up against Natsuki, in my rankings, but I'm just not too vocal about her. After she graduated, Chiichan took her place, but I don't think that if Natsuki graduated I could keep Chiichan as my favorite. Honestly, I think my favorite position would go to Reina, if I had a favorite at all. I forget the term, but if Natsuki were to graduate, I think I would turn into one of those fans who supports all of the girls.

16. ruru

ruru Kenkyuusei

Yes. coz what attract me from AKB was the song. and then the member and stages.

to see Harunyan right in front of my eyes and shock her hand made me fell super. :omg: without AKB, my dream to go to Japan won't come true. :D

17. Decreez

Decreez Kenkyuusei

I will only leave if AKB standard has dropped down far.
    Their performances are awesome and if I can't see a performance that is up to standard, then I shall leave and only look at the old LoDs :p

18. SomethingWild

SomethingWild Kenkyuusei

Gotta say yes.
    1. The gap will eventually be filled by other favorites.
    2. As long as the music is good I'll be a fan of the group

19. Pan-chan

Pan-chan Kenkyuusei

Tatami Mats told me this... I think it's Dare demo isnt it? Or somethng like that XD

If my favourite girl left....
    Well i have 2 favourite girls.

Most people know i love Mariko and Miku
    A lot of people who know me well enough, will know that I gave a larger proportion of my fandom over to Miku, because Mariko will be loved no matter what she does. She's one of the most popular girls and will continue to be popular outside of akb48 if she graduates. Knowing this, I think if she graduated it would be more of a "Good on you" from me, and I don't think I would be so upset by that. I think also it's because she isn't on my favourite team. I don't watch a lot of A performances, so I can't say that watching them without her will make much of a difference to me.

If Miku left it would probably kill my soul. Well it wouldn't be THAT bad but i would be truly upset by it. At least in AKB48 i can follow her, and watch her perform etc, even if she isnt all that popular. If she left, i doubt i would hear from her again, and that upsets me more than anything. It would be hard to watch B performances without goofy Tanamin, and i think that goes for ALL of the B girls that were in the original line up, plus Mika, minus Shiho (even though I loved her too XD). It's not that I DONT love the more recently promoted members, it's just that, the original line up has sentimental value. Each time a girl leaves B, i get SO upset, and when Miki went it hit me that hardest of any graduation so far, mainly because she was also one of my top girls. If Tanamin were to leave, I would probably avoid all AKB for a while until I had gotten over it, then continue to support the girls left in B.

20. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    I totally agree with this section.