Will you stay with AKB48 if your favorite member graduates?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by makistar, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Naomi

Naomi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Hmm. I don't know. The only ones I really care about (Don't know too much of the other members yet) are Yuko, Takamina, Sayaka, Nattsumii, and Sae. If Yuko left, I'd stay for the other four, but if somehow all five of them left, I wouldn't follow the group anymore. It's the same way with Morning Musume. Once Risa and Sayu leave, I'm not following the group at all anymore.

If I liked more members in AKB48, I'd be more willing to follow the group if my top favorites left, but since there aren't too many girls I really like, I won't want to follow the group if/when they leave. Maybe I will once I get to "know" more of the other girls. :)

But if any of my favorites did leave, I would definitely continue supporting them in what they choose to do. :D

2. Infinite Loop

Infinite Loop Kenkyuusei

Luckily I'm not super-dedicated to any one girl, and have a few favourites. At least if one of them left I'd still have the others. Even if everyone I really liked left for some reason, I would still follow the music - the load on my wallet would be lighter for sure though. I'm not shelling out for PBs and photocards for people I'm not a die-hard fan of ;)

3. AKB69

AKB69 Kenkyuusei

i'll still follow AKB :banana:

4. VoiL3T

VoiL3T Kenkyuusei

Beside Acchan where i can protect her 24/7
    My favorite now is Acchan, Takamina and Yukirin. If 3 of them graduate perhaps i will still stay with AKB48 but not as crazy as 3 of them are still around. If Acchan goes, that is the biggest effect for me~ Maybe i will slide until my blanket and feel moody for a few days~

5. ecwx

ecwx Kenkyuusei

http://blog.oricon.co.jp/watarirouka/category_4/
    if acchan and takamina leaves, well I won't care much for team A anymore, but I'll still follow team K with Sayaka, Sae, kasai and erepyon...

maybe I'll still support them, buy their CD/DVD probably, and maybe buy mamai's or harunyan's PB if they decide to make it :), watch them on stage if I happen to be in Japan, but I definitely won't arrange a trip to japan JUST to see their performance like what I'm doing right now !!

6. haruna_hamasaki

haruna_hamasaki Senbatsu Staff Member Studio48 Admin

Right now, I think I will have less interest in AKB48 if Takamina and Miichan leave AKB48.
    But, I never know what will happen in the future to AKB48. So, I can't predict anything now.
    It's 50-50.

One thing I can guarantee. AKB48 LYRICS PARADISE will still be the same. <3 Will be the powerful source of AKB48 lyrics. :hehe:

7. qilver

qilver Kenkyuusei

I think once Mariko, Mai Mai, Yukarin, Cindy, and Nozofisu leave the group, my interest in AKB48 will greatly diminish.

But if Nozomi graduates soon and move on in her career, i will be happy for her, greatly, but heartbroken and sad that she has left AKB48. My interest level will probably take a nose-dive once she leaves the group. I still do have other favorites, so the interest will remain, but much much less.

8. Shumatsu Samurai

Shumatsu Samurai Kenkyuusei

I'm living with the threat of Maimai graduating for some time now but since she's very active on TV, I think I'd still be able to follow her in some way.
    And I don't really feel any change in my support for AKB as a whole. Groups change, undesired things happen. Unexpected things happen. But you learn to live with it. With the group that large, I think it's easy to find someone else to support (if you really need to have a favorite).

9. hijirigaoka

hijirigaoka Kenkyuusei

@shumatsu: that may be partly true. but i always believe that you do not find someone to support. you cannot just tell yourself, i want to find a girl in the group to cheer for. it's more of, "she finds you".

do i make sense?

let's just say that i think a lot of girls in akb are cute/pretty. but that is not enough for you to support someone. and it doesn't take a lot of effort to support someone. when she finds you, you will just know that you can support her. and despite doing outrageous things for her, it still feels normal.
    so, for me, when CinDy leaves akb48, i will have a hard time staying with akb48. watching team B perform is only complete when CinDy is around. and it was not a good feeling for me when i watched 1 show, and she was sick.

10. dracomalfoy

dracomalfoy Member

Sure, we'll invite you to our wedding

11. Wordsmith

Wordsmith Kenkyuusei

[​IMG] !

12. yumestarlet

yumestarlet Kenkyuusei

Agreed 100%.

I'd still keep supporting AKB48 if my favorites left. I'd definitely follow my favorites at the same time-- if they were going on to pursue other careers in the entertainment world, but I would keep supporting AKB48, too.

I love Yukirin, Miki, and Sayaka, but they don't absolutely define AKB for me. AKB48 is about all of the girls-- this group.
    Sure, I'd be really upset if my top three there left altogether, but I could move on and keep supporting the group. AKB is ever-changing, anyway. :flower:

13. Aigon

Aigon Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    TheJOMarra
    I will still stay with AKB48, even if my favorites left. For me, the music is the most important thing about the group for me. As long as they continue to release great songs, I'll stay on as a fan.

14. kakalich

kakalich Kenkyuusei

If all girls of my fav team K (at K3 time) graduate, I'll quit. But, I still stay on S48. :lol:

15. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

Hmm... One of my favorites (Maimai) is rumored to be graduating. I wish I could be as dedicated as the fans who state that they would follow their girls, but I'm sure that I wouldn't really do it if she started a TV oobaka career. I mena, I ADORE her, to death. But I won't be going all over the internet and spending all of my already crappy bandwith downloading a show in a language I practically don't understand. So I don't know...

The funny thing is that for me, my favorite members don't really define my fandom. See, I don't really watch MM anymore, and my favorite members (Risa, Aichan, Sayu, Eri) are still there, but I've kind of grown apart from them, so I can't say that this won't happen to my AKB love, I can't be 100% sure, but I can say that there's not even one girl in AKB48 that I dislike, I like them all on a different level and I enjoy watching any of them, this of course, makes it all the more enjoyable, and chances are that I'll stick with them forever.

16. kyu

kyu Kenkyuusei

If Takamina or Narita Risa or both of them are graduated, my support to AKB48 will gradually wilt and dry. Well, Takamina and Risa ARE AKB48 for me, like Natsumi Abe is Morning Musume for me. Maybe you'll find it childish of me, but I personally think that something is missing if they're not around and I can't see them anymore. So maybe I will still support AKB48, but not as intense as now. Saa...who knows. We'll never know the future.

Oh yeah, but I will still stay in Stage48, that's for sure. ;)

17. kingtheking81

kingtheking81 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ishizukaakari
    i wouldnt mind if one of my favorites left. The group is big enough for me to end up with new favorites. most important factor to keep me interested in akb is still the diversity and quality of music.

18. Sorceress628

Sorceress628 Kenkyuusei

I was sad when Michiru left and absolutely devastated by Kayano's graduation. But Takamina is still here! So long as she doesn't leave...

19. Lariemeeva

Lariemeeva Kenkyuusei

If Acchan leaves, I will follow her as well and support AKB48 but not as much as I do now.

20. hahaxwill

hahaxwill Kenkyuusei

Dead, after being struck in the heart by Chiyuu~
    If this happened.. I'd probably still stay with them as I have other favorites beside Tomomi Kasai :] And it probably isn't soon.. haha. Don't really know but I most likely will have other favorites in the group that are worth paying attention.. though if Kasai leaves it'll be a huge hit to me following AKB48 >: Wahhhhh don't want to think about!! haha. Of course I'll follow Kasai where she goes ^_^y such as her being in Horipro and won't perform on tuesday cause of Futsal. (which of course I'm going to watch along with Mai Mai and Tomomi Itano... my other favorites) yay!