Event / Concert AKB48 Janken Taikai (14/09/17)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by TiduShoko, Aug 6, 2014.

1. qadri08

qadri08 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    saitoasuka
    Btw, is senbatsu member still 16nin? Or change to more than 16?

We know that this year the contestant is more than 100 members (113 if im not wrong). Aki-p should add more senbatsu slot like 21nin so the less popular have a more chance to get a senbatsu place

2. ijkm

ijkm Kenkyuusei

The winner of janken will also center next SKE48, HKT48, NMB48, Nogizaka46, SNH48, JKT48 single (lol, jk)

3. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    By default has always been 16nin except for one single. We'll see with the next single since we will probably hear it first before the main tournament.

4. z3144228

z3144228 Kenkyuusei

I want to see the real Janken tournament

Not make up stage for Akimoto's favorite girl :gavel:

5. paman22

paman22 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    http://www.akb48.co.jp/page/janken_2014/info.pdf

from that pdf, imo they still use 16 for total number of senbatsu

6. shakuran

shakuran Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kinoshitamomoka
    I really hope they keep janken to decide the single line-up as well as the solo debut... that would make it even more exciting whilst not compromising janken's entire purpose, I guess.

(maybe then haruu will make another a-side..)

7. Chimai

Chimai Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    I wonder what he means by those percentages. Everything about the stages (lyrics + music + costume + dances)? I've always thought Aki-P has lyrics in reserve that he uses, so I wouldn't be surprised if for H he only has the lyrics written/chosen and nothing else.

I'm sick of all this waiting. At this rate none of the teams that don't have original stages already besides H will get stages.

8. Deyan

Deyan Member

Twitter:
    MrWeilai
    New solo ? I'm in heaven !!! Now the list of girls I'd like to win is way smaller. (Some of them couldn't handle going solo). My top choices are Miyupon and Tatsumaki. <3

9. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    So I reread the blog post again and it doesn't have a 39th single written on it.

10. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    So can we make this clear? Will the winner get a solo debut, OR will she be center of the 39th single, or will she get both?

I don't see anything on the source

11. Starshard

Starshard Kenkyuusei

^ The translation of ANN flying around on twitter seem to be that the winner will get a solo debut, NOT the center position of the 39th single. However, Oricon stated that the winner will be center for the 39th single, so I think everyone are kind of confused now.

A new solo would be great for the winner - depends on how they promote it, that might turn out to be even better than center of the 39th single. However, I wonder what the other girls (who make it to at least round of 16) are going to get. Would suck badly for them if the new rule meant "either you win, or you get nothing".

12. ijkm

ijkm Kenkyuusei

I think they should let the winner get her solo, the others 15 will get their own single with #2 center.

13. Furukawa_Akane

Furukawa_Akane Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Again this question still lingers in my brain~ if the member who wins already has made her solo debut and has at least one solo concert done then what?

14. jdiaz1994

jdiaz1994 Kenkyuusei

PLEASE LET JANKEN DECIDE THE SENBATSU! I love the all stars but I'm pretty sure everyone gets tired of them every now and then. Abemaru has always ranked well so hopefully she gets 1st this year. Fingers crossed for Hilary, Paruru, and Shiichan.

15. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

I think the winner will get both

16. jdiaz1994

jdiaz1994 Kenkyuusei

Knowing management though they'll probably not risk an unpopular senbatsu so that they can keep their streak going. I really want the streak to end so just they start trying out new things.

17. Mayuyubro

Mayuyubro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sasakiyukari
  18. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

An "unpopular" senbatsu shouldn't affect theater cd sales as they're still dependant on handshake applications and unless there's a bunch of major graduations they shouldn't be affected too much. An "unpopular" senbatsu may affect soundscan sales but they have been mostly on a downward sales trend since KFC anyway.

Now if it was someone like Sato Kiara as centre then there might be reason to be fearful but really they just need someone who can handle all the promotion for the single and talk reasonably well on music and variety tv shows and not clam up. It just popped into my brain that Tani Marika as centre would be funny as hell :lol:

19. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I'm hoping for this.
    It would make the winner stand out much more.

This could make sense.
    Maybe they're feeling the decline in sales (poor HS sales?) and they don't want to risk the strike to end... so they'll keep releasing singles with all the popular girls until the streak ends. And then they won't care anymore and do whatever lol

I don't know, the janken is/was the only opportunity many of these girls have/had to make it at least once.
    It would be pretty sad if it's taken away for them.
    A solo debut is nice and all, but I'm sure they won't put the whole AKB machinery behind it as they would with an actual AKB single. And unless the single is called "AKB48 no... (name of the girl)" I doubt it will attract much attention seeing how prolific the Japanese market is.

Or Chiyori, or Kaotan... or my new love, BOSS!! Make a song about people suffering and show her laughing at them in the PV! :^O^:

20. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    I'm not thrilled for this at all. 48G management has NO IDEA how to handle a solo music career, since they stick to the tradition of Awesome debut>Follow ups at the speed of snail with one single ever year>Fade away into oblivion… Even the Hakata darling, Sasshi, hasn't had a solo single in ages, despite being SUCH a money maker. And if Sayanee is so popular, why haven't they capitalized on that with a solo debut? I know the girls are busy, but it's still doable.

If the winner isn't very popular, she'll get a Kuramochi Asuka-style solo debut that gets swept under the rug and then she'll go back to being completely ignored once again.

If the winner is popular, she'll get a decent single, a heavy push within AKB, and then her solo career will die after one single.

If one of the Kami7 JUST SO HAPPENS to win this, my eyebrows are going to raise even higher. This feels like they're just setting it up to make press about a solo career that they were going to give to a certain girl anyway. If the event names the solo girl, then there's a bit more buzz around just announcing it by itself.

I really do hope this contest still determines the senbatsu… The entire novelty and fun concept will just go to waste. And this is the only chance certain girls will ever get at making senbatsu, and that's a fact. You cannot tell me that Mocchi would ever get put in a senbatsu on her own… or Yagi. There's no way. Janken is the only way.

I mean, no matter what, I'll survive… once I get over the initial shock and pissy fit.. Mark my words though, I bet it'll either be Mako or Sayanee that wins this.