[CONCERT] - [AKB48 in Washington, DC] '12/03/27

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Mar 13, 2012.

1. AKB48zcd

AKB48zcd Kenkyuusei

I am in Florida, I'm thinking about go or not, the flight cost about $250 . I dont know how long the concert will be, if only about 5 songs.... :cry:

Does any one been the new york concert before? how many songs they sang... [rock]

2. sikanwan

sikanwan Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    sikanwan
    No! Miichan! Ricchan! Juri!n
    So many of my favourite members are going to the US!
    That means they won't come to the event in Hong Kong on the same day ...

3. piggypa

piggypa Kenkyuusei

When I heard the news, I was so happy that AKB finally goes to North America again...but why such a short notice... :cry: ...I live in Toronto and when I check the flight price...it's like $400..other than that...accommodation is also a big problem. After seeing the member list, with my favourite member Takamina going...I really want to go see..T^T..I wonder if there will be another other North America show this year for AKB...if not..I would really want to go see this one..... [sweat]

4. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

They did a full set like what you'd get in the AKB theater - group songs, units, and more group songs with introductions and MC's scattered in. None of the songs were shortened. And I forget the total number of songs the girls did.

But in NYC, we got a double encore. B-)

5. AKB48zcd

AKB48zcd Kenkyuusei

sounds great.. the NYC one have more top members....
    So u think this time still will have many songs right?

6. lamenth

lamenth Kenkyuusei

The Stage48 Institute for Akimoto Sayaka Worship
    Mwahaha, double encore was epic ^_^

This is maddening. Why would they announce this so late! I just started my new job, so I really don't way to ask for PTO (I don't even know if i have enough PTO saved up yet). Sadness...

They need to come to California!!

7. 55Cyanides

55Cyanides Kenkyuusei

For those looking for travel prices, looking at alternative ways might help. Only for those with the most patience.

For example, flight from Michigan to Washington DC is about $250, roundtrip. Greyhound bus there is about $140, roundtrip.

If anything else, feel free to ask. I do my best to help you out here, in terms of searching for traveling or something. (Unfortunately, I'm 99% sure I'm not going if I go by conventional means. Somewhat joking, somewhat serious, it's only 7 days walking)

8. Raiden

Raiden Kenkyuusei

Yeah check your travel options. East coasters can do plane/train/bus or some combination. If you're just there for the shows, you might not even need to book lodging. I unfortunately am on the wrong side of the country. =\

As I recall, that didn't work out so well the last time. I still have bad memories from that.

9. piggypa

piggypa Kenkyuusei

when I search on google map, it says that if I go by bicycle...I can get from Toronto to Washington in 2.5 days...LOL...whereas the flight cost will be $400...somewhat tempting..yet..not possible..LOL..what i worry the most is the accommodation..really too expensive for the hotels near the Lincoln Theatre...anyone consider going? maybe if there is a group, accommodation cost can be split up among the group... [think]

10. 55Cyanides

55Cyanides Kenkyuusei

One option you guys can do is

http://megabus.com/

It might take some planning, but it might be worth it.

For example:

Ann Arbor to Pittsburgh $12

Pittsburgh to Washington DC $8~$20

If need any more help, let me know

(also applies to some places in Canada)

11. piggypa

piggypa Kenkyuusei

wow...the MegaBus does goes from Toronto to Washington...although it takes like 12 hours..but it's soo much cheaper compare to the flight cost. Thanks for the idea!! gonna consider it!!! Do you have any idea about finding accommodations then?

12. 55Cyanides

55Cyanides Kenkyuusei

Hmm, I'm assuming like hotel rooms and stuff?

Let's say, hypothetically speaking, when would you arrive in Washington DC and when would you leave?

13. piggypa

piggypa Kenkyuusei

well...since the event is on the 27th..I dont want to be too rush on things...so i was thinking of maybe arriving on 25th and leaving on 28th...but all the hotels/B&B that i've checked..are like more than $150 per night... :cry:

14. Miitan

Miitan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Look into hostels.
    http://www.hostelworld.com/hostels/Washington-DC/USA
    You can save a lot, especially if you team up with other Stage48'er
    4 of us did this for the NYC show, we had our own room. It's no fancy hotel but it's a place to sleep and take a shower.

15. flagator21

flagator21 Member

Thanks for the help/information, Cy. Sad to see you can't make it, though.. giddy/lamenth/CK and all the other NYC concert alum as well.. won't be as legit without you guys there :(

Fortunately, I live close enough to drive to D.C. :)

16. 55Cyanides

55Cyanides Kenkyuusei

One thing you can do is look for a hostel. Those are cheap BUT it is like a college dorm room. If you can, try to get a group going, like 3 others, and try to book one big room for a hostel. An example is:

http://www.hostels.com/hosteldetails.ph ... mber.33839

It's about $40 a night. And it's within walking distance from the Union station in DC to the Hotel AND to Lincoln Theater. I am currently searching for potential places for you to stay, hotels or hostels or whatever. I hope someone else have great options for you as well! Doing my best!

miitan has a better link up above, it has a big list of potential hostels. Check it out!

17. piggypa

piggypa Kenkyuusei

ohh...that's a good idea! I'll go research about potential hostel places then...thank you so much for you effort in helping me searching.. :inlove:

Thanks for the idea! Haven't thought of this option before..hahaha...maybe I should go check to see if there is any other stage48'er are going...so that we can team up for the room then...XD

18. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    What wasn't good about the Anime Expo appearance? Sure, they could've planned some stuff like the Meet and Greet better, but otherwise, concert seats were EXCELLENT, much better than I could've gotten in Japan (though setlist needed work, really - too many singles) and I got to meet Acchan/Takamina/Tomo~mi/Tomochin! THAT you can't do very often.

Anyways, as far as buses/alternative transportation goes, does anyone know any that go from the West Coast all the way to the East? That Megabus thing sounded cool, but nothing in California.

19. 55Cyanides

55Cyanides Kenkyuusei

I agree with miitan.

I was one of his roomies for the hostel room. Having groups of friends or people with you/staying with you in the same hostel room makes the trip better and you tend to feel more comfortable. It makes the whole atmosphere of the trip awesome.

Up to this day, mii and I are pretty good friends

....right? [think]

20. Miitan

Miitan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    If you fail to come to DC for this... it's over! [boom]