[CONCERT] - [AKB48 in Washington, DC] '12/03/27

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Mar 13, 2012.

1. piggypa

piggypa Kenkyuusei

sounds fun to have a group staying together at the hostel for the same purpose (AKB..XDD) :D .. but first I'll need to see if there is anyone willing to share the hostel rooms...as I am new to Stage48.. [sweat] ...also..not much detail about the ticket has been release yet..kinda worried about the ticket being expensive or being hard to get a good spot..as the ticket for the LA Anime Expo..was on a first come first serve basis for the spots... :cry:

2. flagator21

flagator21 Member

^
    The concert tickets are free. There isn't much information other than that at this time, unfortunately.

3. IANF826

IANF826 Kenkyuusei

I've checked every possible type of transportation to D.C. and they're all expensive. Bus/Train from Union Station in LA to Union Station in D.C. is about $300, and it takes a couple days to get there. So unless you plan on taking a week or more off, flying is the only way to get there in a timely manner. I would drive, but that's going to take at least 2 days with few stops. 3 with normal stops and more if it was a roadtrip. Hmm...AKB48 Roadtrip.

4. Raiden

Raiden Kenkyuusei

That's your individual experience. Good that you had fun, but you didn't happen to notice the mostly empty concert hall and less than enthusiastic crowd? I felt sooo bad for the girls.

West coast is pretty much stuck with flying. Bus and train cost the same or more and take DAYS.

5. 55Cyanides

55Cyanides Kenkyuusei

also, if possible, I suggest having a list or something of people who are going and are looking for a hotel, as I noticed some people have expressed a want to stay more than one day.

I'm trying to compile a list to see the people so that the % of people staying with a person who's there for AKB48 will be at its maximum efficiency. Thank you

Also, from RocketStarLauncher

6. piggypa

piggypa Kenkyuusei

yeah..if really considering the Megabus method, must spare some time just in case of lateness..

Thanks for compiling the list of people that might be going, it would be really helpful for people like me that are hoping to find someone to share room with.. :inlove:

If possible, I'm thinking of arriving to Washington on the 25th and leaving on the 28th, so I should be staying for 3 nights.... [think]

But still...not 100% confirm I'll be going for sure...that's why i'm still researching to see if i can find cheaper accommodations and stuff...also I'll still need to see if my boss is willing to let me take few days off from work.... :cry:

7. DeletedUser

DeletedUser Kenkyuusei

I have to go to this!!! I can't find the tickets though. Does that mean they are already all sold out??? That would be terrible....and then people go and put their free tickets up on ebay and make big profit off of them.

8. piggypa

piggypa Kenkyuusei

From the official website, I think it says that the ticket will be available on March 14, but I'm not sure if it's Japan time or North American time. Hopefully the ticket wont' be sold out that quickly, as I really want to go too...>.<

9. Miitan

Miitan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    The tickets haven't been put up on Eventbrite yet as far as I've heard. The paper said the 13th, the AKB blog said the 14th, so it should be sometime today. I've used Eventbrite before and there was no actual ticket, just a reservation and you needed your ID to get into the event. They could do this totally differently but I hope they'll keep some system like that to avoid scalpers.

10. meeshe

meeshe Kenkyuusei

I've been checking for several hours and haven't seen the event up at all yet. I think the tickets probably won't go up until at least ~9am eastern time, so I imagine it'll be a long wait yet.

I'm still going to check obsessively all day, of course.

11. Raiden

Raiden Kenkyuusei

8am PST and 11am EST would be my guess. That would be start of 3/14 in JST while still being 3/13 in states. Still, I will be camping website all day. (I should just write a script to do it and send me a phone alert or something.)

12. piggypa

piggypa Kenkyuusei

I think the link for the event is up...the event came up when i search for "Japan Pop Culture Concert 2012 in Washington D.C."....however, it says that quantity is N/A and all I can do is to click the "add me to the wishlist" button...after doing so, it says that if there is available ticket, I'll be contacted for further information on how to purchase the ticket.......... [sweat]

13. flagator21

flagator21 Member

14. lionheartedvalor

lionheartedvalor Kenkyuusei

Bah. Hoping for the best and waiting. [speechless]
    I have my doubts of AKB being out of tickets already for a 1200 or so capacity theater though. The quantity being N/A may also have something to do with the wait list.

15. flagator21

flagator21 Member

^
    The NY concert was done the same way. I guess they want to see how many people are interested to start off.

16. lionheartedvalor

lionheartedvalor Kenkyuusei

17. Agito

Agito Kenkyuusei

OMG....this is a cruel joke. Just as I leave the US on vacation, they go there. [flip]

EDIT: If only they would have announced this a few weeks earlier. It's like they found out that they have a few days free and suddenly decided to go to America. This really saddens me. I would have loved to see ( and shake hands) with Takamina. I guess it's not meant to be....

18. Yuki88

Yuki88 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    KuroiYuki88
    Oh a free concert. Senbatsu girls, Takamina and Sae. Jakarta's was also free and also Takamina and Sae. coincidence? :awesome:

19. AKB48zcd

AKB48zcd Kenkyuusei

lol u let me remind some cases happend in China.....

20. joe.48

joe.48 Kenkyuusei

I requested those days off, I hope theyre granted!! [sweat]
    def. interested in sharing a room to save $$$

im not sure yet how im gonna get there though lol