Members wounded at handshake event

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, May 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Betazu

Betazu Kenkyuusei

I think if the securities are to be tighten after this, we fans will be ban from bringing any bags in while we're handshaking/2shot with members and our pockets will be check. Just some of the measures i can think up

2. AKBree

AKBree Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Urgh, the media are right onto this, there are a lot waiting outside of the AKB theatre atm.
    [​IMG]

3. Chrissel

Chrissel Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Sugiyama Aika
    Twitter:
    kurisuuu48
    I think there's a reason why other superstars don't do such events. Always when you have to deal with a large crowd, it's a nightmare for security...

4. Lindsay

Lindsay Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gotomoe
    Not surprised. I guess no high fives after this show. More theater security in future as well I guess.

Editted to add: I also agree that you can't immediately say he had mental health issues. This is what is horrifying about criminals - you sort of expect them to look different, to look crazy, you expect that you would know if you saw them walking down the street. But mostly they don't look any different. Mostly they look normal. They have normal lives and families and jobs and everything, and their friends react by saying surely this person wouldn't do something like that, it can't be true. This is why security is so difficult: the criminals look normal, and so you can't see it coming.

Some mentally ill people literally are crazy and are dangerous. But most are not. Some criminals are mentally ill. But not all. We don't know about this attacker. I have no idea what could cause somebody to do this, it is awful. But not everybody who is mentally ill is like this, by a long way.

Last edited: May 25, 2014
  5. srking

srking Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I hope Ricchan, Annin and the injured male staff will turn out fine. No matter how severe or light the injury is, this must be a real psychological impact to the girls and has definitely awaken the whole fandom and 48g to rethink about handshake events.

It's a component that's so essential to the philosophy of "Idols you can meet", honestly, I'm not sure how we are all overcoming this while ensuring 100% safety for the girls AND staff in the future.

6. t-motion

t-motion Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    Twitter:
    Wowwaffless
    More news coverage

if the video does not show watch the video here

7. Suppy13

Suppy13 Kenkyuusei

If that is true I wonder what caused an outburst like this. If it is cause by an emotional trigger such as hate it wouldn't be normal for someones anger to be at such a level to attack a little girl with a blade. It's not an action a healthy minded individual would take or even consider.

8. goh1925

goh1925 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayui01
    On top of not spreading rumours, I'd say we refrain from speculation too.
    It isn't adding any value to the discussion anyway.....

9. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    This is why I didn't post anything on it because it might add confusion to those who might read.

10. espiloin

espiloin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kizakiyuria
    On top of not spreading rumours, I'd say we refrain from speculation too. <br />It isn't adding any value to the discussion anyway.....<br/> I think all we can do now is pray for the safety for those involved.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

11. olive29

olive29 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Annin protected Kawaei from that crazy fans, and the staff protected both of them :(

12. Suppy13

Suppy13 Kenkyuusei

Good think is they are postponing upcoming handshaking events. There needs to be some time and distance between fans and the girls for a while. Probably till some security changes are implemented.

13. MiniTokki

MiniTokki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yabukinako
    Please, don't call this **** a fan.

14. Chrissel

Chrissel Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Sugiyama Aika
    Twitter:
    kurisuuu48
    Yeah, you can't expect them to go back to normal within a few days

15. Discothèque

Discothèque Member

Oshimen:
    anaichihiro
    Twitter:
    _ohmyArin
    are they? source please

16. LNK_Tomu

LNK_Tomu Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Source?

17. DaimonMichiko

DaimonMichiko Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    This is the 1st thing to do.
    Dont expose them to fans for a period.
    Do you know which HS event will be postponed though?

18. cheza28

cheza28 Kenkyuusei

i wouldn't be surprise either if graduations announcements were made....

19. Suppy13

Suppy13 Kenkyuusei

20. MidoriHime

MidoriHime Member

Absolutely anything. It could have been emotional. It could have simply been a hate attack. Or y'know, he may have just thought "I wonder if I can get away with it", or "even if I get hurt or in trouble, seeing her in pain is worth it". As @Lindsay said, not every mentally ill person is a criminal, and not every criminal is mentally ill. We aren't talking about a normal person - normal people don't perform like this. But just because we aren't talking about a normal person doesn't mean we're talking about a mentally ill individual either (in some places, 1 in 4 people are mentally ill - you wouldn't exactly call that abnormal). Sometimes people just have high levels of aggression and anger. Sometimes people lose the line between reality and fantasy. Sometimes people just don't believe there will be consequences.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.