Share Your Experiences in Japan!!

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by Shin, Jun 9, 2007.

1. Tatami Mats

Tatami Mats Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Well I sure wasn't there by myself! :lol: I met her at Womb in Shibuya

Okay a few more pics

My commute:

[​IMG]

Tsukiji Fish Market:

[​IMG]

Being the first one to the Daibutsu has its advantages. For some reason, it is much more spiritual being the only one there for 45 minutes compared to being surrounded by masses of hundreds. 7:01am:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Enjoy

2. qilver

qilver Kenkyuusei

wow! nice pictures, and makes me feel like i am back again in Japan!

i didn't get a chance to see the big daibatsu...is that spelling right? well, anyways i didn't get the opportunity to go to Kamakura, they have a bamboo forest right? maybe next year.

i'll try to post more laters.

3. Tatami Mats

Tatami Mats Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Thanks!

The spelling is daibutsu. You can drop "big" off the front since "dai" means big.

Post more pics, I always love seeing other people's takes on this place...what they think is worth a picture compared to what I think is worth a picture.

4. 2005hondacivic

2005hondacivic Kenkyuusei

I have only been to Japan twice in my life. The first time was when my little baby sister was born in 1999. I was very excited and the second time was when we were moving to Japan in 2003. there are a lot of places I haven't been yet, but that doesn't mean i'm not going. i'll be at huis ten bou this weekendwith my lil sis.

5. Shin

Shin Kenkyuusei

Nice pics.
    I haven't been to Tsukiji yet in my life, but I really wanna go there and eat lots of nice SUSHI!

6. qilver

qilver Kenkyuusei

even at Narita airport, the sushi is so good, anywhere in Japan the food is good!

7. keiti

keiti Kenkyuusei

I've been to japan only 1 time.
    in the end of 2005.
    I stayed 3 month(Brazil's summer vacation) in shizuoka working in a car factory but in the new year holiday I traveled to Tokyo and Oosaka
    in my stay in japan i went to a H!P Concert is so cool
    Maybe in the end of the year i go to japan again
    [​IMG]

Sorry about my horrible english if i made some mistake correct me please

8. qilver

qilver Kenkyuusei

cool, thanks for sharing the info on Japan...
    wow H!P concert!

here's my japan trip weblog from '05, if i can remember the password, i will update with my '07 recent japan trip photos, info, if not, i will start a new japan trip weblog and keep you all posted.

for now here is the website from my trip a few years ago.

http://qilverjapanblogz.blogspot.com/

9. qilver

qilver Kenkyuusei

Akiba pix!!!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. qilver

qilver Kenkyuusei

11. Shin

Shin Kenkyuusei

^ I've read your weblog just now.
    Did you go to Hakodate, Hokkaido?
    I really like Hokkaido and want to go there again.
    There are lots of nice foods there.

12. qilver

qilver Kenkyuusei

i will be adding more and more, looking back into retrospect, from a daily journal that i took on my trip. i filled out daily, from July 5th to July 15th of my travels while in Japan.

i did not go to Sapporo, Hokkaido, yet. I hope to visit there someday, maybe next time. I am too addicted to Tokyo, and what it stands for, in the craziness, and Otaku-ism, AKB'ism. But honestly, there are other areas i want to expore in Japan, for example, i want to see a bit more of the old style countryside, Takayama, in the mountains not far from Kyoto. But i have been to Kyoto and Hakone twice, so maybe not there next trip. I hope to see some bamboo grove forest or something. I want to see Hiroshima, and northern japan. But i always want to stay and come back to Tokyo, i love Tokyo!, and all of Japan! There are lots of good foods there, and i will be posting more food pix. Check out the www.Jdorama.com, under the general section, "Going to Japan thread", i added over 40 pictures so far on that thread, and i will be adding a lot more too. I took over 600 pix this trip, so i have a lot to add. Enjoy the weblog and pix.

13. arrowisland

arrowisland Kenkyuusei

Gah it's Nova!!! *can never escape* Haha :p

Nice pictures you have <3 All the time I've lived here, I've never really taken pictures. Maybe because I live here. I probably should.

14. qilver

qilver Kenkyuusei

i can't believe in the two past trips i've been to Japan, '05 May, and '07 July, i have taken over 1200 pictures. It'll be a tough task to upload them one by one....even in groups, but i would settle for ones that i pick out and that are viewable, enjoyable. I took some pix of random things...

didn't take it of, but was tempted to take a photo of the toilet sink area...i saw it at some small resroom in a restarant, and saw it several times before in Kyoto, what the heck is that small sink, water faucet on the toilet area...mounted above the seat? know what i mean? it was the strangest thing, i should have taken a pix of it, but figured that i got more important things to take photos of.

anyhow, enjoy my weblog website, and photos of Japan!

15. Shin

Shin Kenkyuusei

^^ are you working for Nova? :D

16. arrowisland

arrowisland Kenkyuusei

I do :p Unlike the great majority of trained monkeys here, I actually like it though. Haha. It's not like it's the most demanding job in the world. I can be the monkey if I wanna be lazy, or I can get creative if I feel like it. All in all, good for a lazy person like me :p

17. Shin

Shin Kenkyuusei

I heard some idols go to Nova to study English.
    So you may have a chance to see ...

18. arrowisland

arrowisland Kenkyuusei

Haha, not out here I won't :p But yeah, I've heard a few 'famous' people go. I'd have to work in Tokyo to see them though (or maybe Osaka).

19. Shin

Shin Kenkyuusei

You're not in Tokyo?
    I thought you are.

20. arrowisland

arrowisland Kenkyuusei

Nope. I visit occasionally, but I live in Shimane aka Rice Field Heaven :p I'm sure at least 50% or more of Japan's rice comes from this city alone.